dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Mom has Bone Cancer- She is in Pain  (Read 5562 times)

Offline Opanaking (OP)

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Opanaking is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 27, 2017, 08:31:33 AM
  • a free and open forum
Mom has Bone Cancer- She is in Pain
« on: July 05, 2016, 11:43:04 AM »
Hey guys,

My mom has always been against taking pills for some reason. (Besides Xanax which she used to take occasionally).

Anyways she has cancer in her neck and is in incredible pain. She gets to see her Dr. in two days but refuses to call what she is going through pain. Now she has had cancer before and just got over it. As in her hair grew back and she started working and doing well. But she still has been left with a little bit of chemo brain, or maybe I should say aggression.

She becomes very aggressive and I think it is because of all the pain she has been going through with no help at all. I am starting a job next week. Last time she had cancer I was a full time student and her care taker.

Anyways I am pretty sure she is going to need to be on Oxy, Hydromorphone, and maybe soma. She is absolutely miserable. But it is a miracle she slipped on some wood cleaner that I put on my dogs pee. Because she was last checked in January and she did not have any cancer.

But after going to the chiropractor (because she does not like pills) he saw she was not getting better and ordered an MRI. Anyways that is when they saw "something" growing on the bone. Once the other Dr. went over it or she got some other scan they saw it was cancer. Now she just got the rest of her body scanned to see if it spread, we do not know the results of that yet.

So basically what I am doing is just not talking to her unless she speaks to me. And helping her when I can. But she thinks pain pills are "bad" and if she takes them she will not be able to work. She is not supposed to be working! My dads mom had cancer 4 times and lived 25 years after she first got it. Anyways I hope the Dr. can convince her that opiates will help her condition.

She just pictures someone who is not able to function or do anything when she thinks of opiates. Like they make it so you cannot function. When in fact it is the opposite. She is depressed.

When she gets on Dilauladid which I consider more of an upper opiate she will be so happy. That is how she was after she had her first surgery when she had cancer the first time. She was sitting up and smiling and it was like nothing even happened. So I have already told her to ask for that as she does not have a good reaction to hydrocodone and it is to weak. And percocets are not going to get the job done, plus she does not need all that tylenol.

But then she looks at me, like a person that just wants to take her pain pills. Well it is interesting because whenever she had needed a benzodiazapine from me throughout the years she helped herself to my meds.

Anyways I needed to vent. My main point is I want my mom to be comfortable and I do not want her to take her anger out on me. But I also want to help her as much as I can because I love her. She is my mom, that is why I did not mind when my grades went from straight A's in college to me dropping out.

Thanks for any advice and please pray for my mom.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Mom has Bone Cancer- She is in Pain
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 10:30:39 PM »
sad news but as her carer, try to speak with one of her doctors to explain her psychology and get her on decent pain meds IF you can't convince her to do it herself.

after all, that's why they were invented in the first place.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions