dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Car Trouble  (Read 36962 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Car Trouble
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 08:57:33 PM »
Yeah you are probably right duck i should put my woe's about the world having me over a barrel in another thread so i dont derail this one so i can get something figured out.

Little update after reinstalling the battery and cleaning intervals and checking all wires and fluids in the car i tried to jump start it again with the exact same results. It didnt try to turn over, it didnt make clicking or any noise at all, i think i may have heard the fuel pump kick on but that is all. Within a minute of taking the jumper cables off it was completely dead and no lights or electronics etc would turn on.

I am going to see if the battery is fucked right now if it is a dead cell or bad battery I read somewhere that can cause this. They said they will charge it and if holds a charge then they wont replace it. So depending on what happens there i might no a tiny bit more. Could this be a fuse that is blown and not letting the car know to do start or something. Or an electrical issue causing the same thing. Could it be both the starter and alternator? if the starter wasn't working and the alternator was wouldn't the battery not of died if it is good?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 09:28:39 PM »
Have you jumped cars before? Sometimes it takes awhille to get enough juice in the battery to crank the starter. I've had it take as long as 10-15 minutes. It's important that the cables are connected to the terminals really well. Electricity is like water, it can't have bottlenecks or else it won't flow very fast. So make sure the cable clamps are on there really solid.

When the donor/jumper car is hooked up, it should be running and it helps a lot to have someone sitting in the donor car revving the motor or trying to keep the revs up, this spins the alt. on the donor car so it can push more juice into the battery. Make sure no other accessories on either car are running as well - no lights, radios, heaters, or other power drains, close the doors and rev the motor for 5ish minutes if it doesn't crank in the first minute; again: sometimes it takes awhile.

Also, you should check the water levels in the battery, just pop the caps on top and peek down in the holes, the water should be very near the top. If not *distilled* water is all it needs, this is important tho..

HTH
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:30:25 PM by Opus »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Sand and Water

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2015, 09:40:43 PM »
@puppy--i can't remember which it is (faulty alternator or starter), that'll still start if you have a manual transmission & push it then pop the clutch, but totally agree. Haven't been able to drive stick shift since injury but miss it. (Yeah i know w/computers today, ya don't get better mileage, but its just fun imo lol).

Lol i remember my very first boyfriend gritting his teeth but very patiently teaching me not to ride (aka burn out) his clutch. He was a saint :D

@griffin--the warranty thought above is great idea--maybe even if the battery doesn't end up being the culprit, you'd at least have a reliable one for later?  I know from my mom that y'all have been having ridiculously cold weather (it's like you're getting the polar vortex weather we had last two winters!) so maybe that's contributing?  Whatever it ends up being, I hope its an "easy" fix & you're back behind the wheel soon.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2015, 10:20:59 PM »
@puppy--i can't remember which it is (faulty alternator or starter), that'll still start if you have a manual transmission & push it then pop the clutch

Compression/bump starting can bypass the starter, not the alternator or electrical system tho..

With more and more electric vehicles and dual-clutch transmissions out there, bump starting is a dying art!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Sand and Water

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2015, 11:02:57 PM »
Compression/bump starting can bypass the starter, not the alternator or electrical system tho..

With more and more electric vehicles and dual-clutch transmissions out there, bump starting is a dying art!

Thanks for the clarification-i just remembered it was crucial to NOT turn it back off until i got it fixed or could do it again (like got to work etc) & be sure to park where i could get it to roll lol.  Too true it's a dinosaur method, but it was a great feeling to get it started when no $$ for a repair ;)  I miss uncomplicated cars lol. Huge respect to all our car guys (& girls too!)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2016, 12:31:51 AM »
I took my battery in and they are giving it a full charge and then going to test it. They said they will give me a new one if it doesn't hold the charge but if not the battery will be fully charged which is good. When I replaced the battery after I first bought it, it started right up and worked perfect until christmas day. So hopefully if it's fully charged I will have the same result and can take it into get tested.

Is it likely that something else became messed up the day before christmas making it not be able to start even if it has plenty of power? I am assuming the alternator is messed up or the battery since the battery died very quickly but that doesn't necessarily explain why it won't start when jump starting it does it? I guess I will know more when I plug in a fully charged battery. Thanks for all the help so far though!

My landlord was the one who tried to give me a jump start, he has a 2015 camaro which is pretty snazzy. We left it on for 10 minutes and he was revving his engine frequently but I had the same exact results. No noise when starting no clicking or anything and within a minute of taking the cables off it was completely dead again. S&W is right it was 6 degrees Monday morning when I was waiting at the bus stop to goto the clinic and the bus drove by me without stopping making me wait another 30 minutes. It took 5 hours to get there & back instead of 30.

**This doesn't have anything to do with getting my car fixed but just want to say I am getting railroaded by the breathalyzer company and if anyone has to get one do not go through Intoxolock. They put my car in a lockout so I have to pay $90 to get my car to start again and pay for a new device too. If I can't get it to their shop before Monday then I will have to pay them $150 for a service call.

It doesn't matter that i called and told them about it being dead because they don't care same reason I had to pay $90 when I had a hot blow 5 minutes before and 2 minutes after passing the breath tests. They even said it was more than likely alcohol from hand soap that it picked up I still had to pay the $90 to keep my car from locking me out.

I called to talk to them today to see if they would download my data remotely while I had power when I was trying to jump start it and the lady said they don't do that and I can't talk to the department that does. She said they won't just get data when I ask them too I would have to wait until they had 30 days of data before they would download it and send it to the dmv. I was supposed to get it out the 21st but the dmv wont let me have my hearing until they send them the last few weeks of data. Having another lockout greatly affects my chances of getting it out early.

They have terrible customer service I was on hold for 35 minutes this time and it is usually an hour before I can talk to an actual person. My insurance company just sent me an update too saying that my payment from the 18th that they received successfully got reversed so they charged me another 20$ on top of the payment that i now owe them and if my insurance has any lapse my license will get suspended for 3 years. I am having some terrible car luck, what are the odds a few days after I spend $230 on a new tag and battery my car dies.**
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2016, 01:15:26 AM »
One thing that you need to do after all the jump starting is to look over your fuses. If you aren't getting any response from the starter when it's being jumped than the fuse prolly blew. Cars can get a pretty good jolt from being jumped. Each time you do it the chances increase. They are easy to check and cheap to replace. I think you are going to have multiple things that will all need to be addressed to get your car running tip top. Good luck.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2016, 01:34:53 AM »
Luck was on my side tonight... turns out the battery i bought a few weeks ago was defective. They charged it and it held a charge and they brought it to me and said it was good and i asked if they would test it for me and whne they tested it it was already down to 65% it went down 35% from them walking it over to me. Put it in and she started right up, i am still going to have the alternator, new battery, and starter checked tomorrow just in case but i really hope that this was the only problem.

Thanks again everyone for the advice and support i am glad that i am not going to have to take the bus tomorrow! Now just gotta pay the breathalyzer people 90 bucks to keep my car from getting locked down and hope that the dmv gets my data soon so i can get that thing out hopefully. It feels like a 100 lb weight has been lifted off me i am so much happier now i dont even give a shit about all the money they are taking from me if they let me have it out before i have to pay for another month.  I will let you all know if anything else was the problem.

I am almost worried to leave the battery plugged in tonight i just dont want to wake up to a non starting car because that is a horrible way to wake up. I am going to take my chances though i am going to drive it around for a bit tonight and pray that this was the only problem and that i never have to take my hood off again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2016, 01:36:52 AM »
So they replaced the bunk one?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2016, 02:39:25 AM »
Yeah they replaced it with a new one and I put it in and it started beautifully right away. I drove it around for a bit and noticed that when I am driving my glove compartment light doesn't turn off when its shut, and i still have the problem with the driver door light, that comes on when it opens if I don't close my door hard it thinks it is open i think it is because the rubber at the bottom of my door that seals it ripped off and i glued it back on so i may rip it off to see if that fixes the problem. Cause the door ajar and little light at the bottom come on frequently.

Hopefully when I take it in tomorrow for the free check it doesn't have any problems. They said because the battery had a bad cell and that is what was preventing my car from starting when I was jumping it. Glad to be mobile again, my cars a/c doesn't work so i was burning up all summer but my heat works great and i thought that was some kind of cruel joke my car was playing on me. Working perfectly in the summer and then breaking down when winter starts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Illadelph215

• Whiskey bent and hellbound
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 28, 2022, 06:21:24 PM
  • Our Community
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2016, 04:02:50 AM »
@Griffin, good luck tomorrow bud I hope it was just the battery and your whip runs perfectly for the rest of winter and so on. Before my new truck I got this year I had a 2000 Acura Integra that this post reminded me of. Everything gave me problems except for the good ol reliable engine it had. I had the same issues with the glove box light staying on and such, wasn't fun worrying about that shit all the time. Sounds like it was a faulty battery tho so I'm hoping you should be good for now on man!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There is no future, there is no past. In the present, nothing lasts.

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2016, 05:08:53 AM »
Congrats on the fixed battery, Griffin. Hopefully everything will go smoothly tomorrow. Car problems definitely suck. Not knowing if you'll be able to go somewhere when you need or want to is the worst IMO. The unreliability. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that anymore either.

I hope your car holds out and runs problem free for the rest of the winter. Also, sorry to hear of all the problems with the breathalyzer company. Places like that shouldn't be permissible IMO. Especially since their primary goal is to extract every drop of money from people who are already marginalized. Good luck.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2016, 07:06:04 AM »
Is there a community college that teaches auto repair near you? When I was in Las Vegas I had perptually leaking power steering fluid line. I would buy the epensive Lucas stop-leak for power stearing and it would slow but not stop the leak. Not only was it expensive and annoying it would leave puddles wherever sparked the car and they a slippery has hell.

A friend of mine had a brother in law who taugh auto repair at the community college there and he go them totake my car in a diagnisticrepair teaching excecise for the students. They fisxed the whole thing in a a couple of days, gave a loaner car in the meantime and I only had to pay for the part. That exact option may not be available to you but the point is you want to enlist as many friends and friends of friends for advie and you may very well find yourself pleasantly surprised.

Also, you can buy inxpensive battery chargers that will charge your battery fully overnight. And, if you have AAA or even have a friend who has it, they will come to your car and do a load test on your battery on the spot. If you need a new one they will sell you wone and install it right ther s well.

And, don't forget slvage (junk) yards. you often don't have to pull the part off the junk car yourself, they will have them in the office on the shelf. So an alternator thatcosts, say $100 in the store might cost $30 used. A lot of the replacement ones parts storessll are just rebuilt anyway.

Speaking of cars and electricity, have you seen the new roads being built using interlocking solar panels as the road service? They gathr poer all day and light run all the signs and streetlights all day. They warm themselves up to stay free of ice and snow and if one dies ofr gets damaged they just pop it out and replae it with a new one. I suspect they will be evenutally powerful enough to run /charge elctri cars. That is if big oil and the Kock brothrs don't get cCongress to cut all the R&D funding and otherwise sabotage their development.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:13:58 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Sand and Water

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2016, 08:53:14 AM »
CONGRATS griffin!! That's wonderful news :)  Now be sure to check fuses & all the other great advice (its crazy how cold it its been there--like DC mentioned, my mom had to get one of those external battery chargers too). 

A big thanks to Opus for the easy to understand battery instructions. I realized that tho I'd gotten my daughter the extra long cables & *told* her what to do, the reality is, its not always easy to think straight when stranded (& jumping/troubleshooting a battery isn't something i do on a regular basis), so I asked her to print out copies to keep in glovebox. Made me feel better given her rural winter driving. Much appreciated Opus :)

ETA: we don't have them here, but Harbor Freight per my mom has had them on sale really cheap. Unsure what price is but she found them with a coupon for less than $39.95
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:57:32 AM by Sand and Water »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2016, 12:46:44 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words and advice everyone! My car started right up this morning and it looks like that was the major problem. The last battery was old and needed replacing so I don't think it is the alternator but I am going to have it tested just in case. I am definitely going to invest in a battery charger, because they seem pretty handy to have and don't seem to expensive.

Opus thank you very much for putting the step by step and giving me ideas of what I need to look at and do, your help was much appreciated and it was quite useful! Deadcat, I will find out in a few days if I am allowed to go back to school I just checked and they do have some auto repair classes and they even go towards my associates as electives, like my wilderness survival class was.

I have all my classes picked for the spring semester but I will try to enroll for some during the summer semester so that I can get all my electives finished and hopefully graduate after the fall semester. I really hope they let me start school the 9th I have a lot riding on that as I really need it for multiple reasons.

I have a bunch of stuff to do today, gotta get my car checked out, then take it to the breathalyzer people and pay them a bunch of money so they don't put my car in a lockout. Then I have to run by school and see if anything has changed with my appeal. Hopefully everything gets worked out and my car is all good so I can stop worrying about it, and that the breathalyzer people don't ruin my day by charging me a huge amount of money.

I know it is going to be at least $120 to keep it running but they may make me pay the $120 I owe them on it too. I already talked to them and they aren't going to drop the $90 charge for keeping it out of lock out and however much the new device is. Even though I told them my car was dead when it happened and put in a report with them saying it will be having work done for the next few weeks. It is stupid but that is just how it goes.

Then I have to see if the breathalyzer company sent the data to the dmv so I can schedule my hearing soon and hopefully get that thing out before I have to pay for another month. It will really suck if this last lockout from my battery being dead is what ruins my chances of getting it out early. I will have to keep it 5 more months if they deny me. If the breathalyzer company hasn't sent my data I am going to write the top people at the DMV and tell them what is going on, so that maybe they will contact the breathalyzer people and get the data for me.

I also have to call my insurance and see how much I have to pay them and make sure they didn't stop my insurance and there was no lapse of coverage because that would result in a 3 year license suspension. Because I have SR-22 insurance from the bs DUI. I am hoping everything works out and that I have much better luck with the new year if these few little things work out I will definitely be setup for a much better year.

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful advice and support helping me get through all of this shenanigans. I am very appreciative that I have so many people willing to help me out so much so thanks everyone! Hope you all have a safe and happy new year!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #44 from previous page: January 01, 2016, 02:14:02 PM »
Deadcat, I haven't read or heard about the new roads that are being built to generate solar power. That is really cool, and probably cost effective in the long run. I really hope the koch brothers don't try to ruin this or any of the other people making money from the way things are. I hope that we continue on that route, I can't wait till we are done with gas cars, and are on something better for the world and cheaper.

I am also looking forward to self driving cars, and flying cars, I have a few ideas of how self driving cars could work at speeds up to 200 mph and would more than likely be a much safer way then how it is now. It isn't to complicated either and seems completely do able. Has anyone seen the flying car prototypes or heard of wing boarding? Wing boarding is like wake boarding but behind a plane on a board thing that has wings. They have done successful scaled down flights without real people and are working to begin human testing.

The light rail in Denver is being finished next year, it is really cool and will more than likely help a bit on the crazy traffic we have. The train to the airport will be finished by March so it will be like the bart in San Francisco. You will be able to fly in and then jump on the train to take you downtown or wherever you need to go.

They are making the trains go all the way north to Brighton, west minster, longmont, and boulder. Northwest to Wheat ridge and arvada, They are extending the one south to go to littleton, and the other south one to lone tree and castle rock. They are finishing the one that goes all the way through aurora right next to I-225 that covers the whole length of the highway that connects to I-70 and also to I-25 down south. Here is a map of it.       http://www.rtd-denver.com/Fastracks.shtml

The trains system here is really nice to, I think it goes up to 60mph. Idk if the new ones will be faster since it has less stops and goes a lot further between stops. When it is completely finished it will be so much better, it is nice to be able to go downtown, or to a broncos, or rockies game and not worry about parking or driving. They have stops at lots of colleges like CU Denver, and at the pepsi center/6 flags, 16th street mall, Jeffco courthouse and jail, and union station is where they all connect. The new tracks will definitely make it better.

220,000 people moved here in the last 23 months if not more, so the housing market is bananas and it has made the bad traffic here much worse. Especially when it is snowing, before my car died a few weeks ago we got about 6 inches of snow. There were 3 cars that were stuck at the very bottom of the on ramp to get on the highway blocking the road completely. I had to drive through the grass part in between the onramp and highway to get on and didn't have any problems.

It did make me happy that my car was able to get around where so many others couldn't and got stuck. The cars stuck on the bottom of the on-ramp were a new honda accord, a van, and a ford explorer it was awesome that I could drive just fine where they were and go through a worse area without getting stuck or having problems.

I saw 2 huge f250 trucks wreck at different times that day because they thought having a big truck meant they could drive the speed limit when the roads were awful. I am very cautious when driving and some of the Colo. natives hate it. I grew up driving on straight ice, we had ice storms in Oklahoma not snow storms. It still looks crazy their, tons of flooding the roads are complete ice, everything is covered in ice if you haven't seen pictures you should look it up it is crazy looking.

There was a large hill that a ton of cars couldn't make it up, and I had no problems at all and I had to maneuver around all of them too. They were all stuck trying to get up and people were pushing them and they would slide back down.  I attribute it to buying new tires at the beginning of the year it's definitely not my driving ability. The only thing I do is try to pick up speed before I get to the really bad parts so that I can hopefully make it through.

I try to put as much space between me and other drivers as I can. I always try to drive in the middle of the road just incase I lose control I will have space each way to not go off road, into oncoming traffic, or on a curb. I don't trust drivers here at all, they will drive by me really fast and crash. It seemed that all the drivers that were going fast on the highway I would pass them eventually because they would lose control and be in a ditch trying to get out.

I am very surprised at how well my honda does, it's a 4 door, v6, and has front wheel drive which I hear is better then rear wheel. I always wanted a subaru because they're awd. They are the most common car in Colorado. When I was looking for cars before buying this one, the only subaru's I could afford were the early 2000 late 90s models.

Those cars are known to have bad head gaskets and replacement for them can be $2000+. The ones in my price range were right at the mileage or past where it usually happens, and the ones that had them replaced already were charging an extra $1500 taking them out of my price range. That is why I started looking at hondas my goal is to get mine to 300,000 miles. My best friend has had two hondas that he got past 300,000 miles and it seems hondas and subarus are the only ones that will last that long.

I got a killer deal I think on my car its a '97 accord EX, leather interior, power everything, and had 107,000 miles when I bought it for $2000 last year. The guy I bought it from told the dmv he gave it to me for free so I didn't have to pay the taxes on it which would of been another couple hundred. The kelly blue book for it was $3100 and would of been higher if the a/c worked.

I knew the owner he was an older guy, and took immaculate care of it which was the biggest reason for buying it, He was my neighbor for 18 months and had the car 16 years with only one owner before him. He got it at 12,000 miles. His daughter bought a new subaru and then moved to NYC so he took over her lease a month after I moved next to him but he still drove it twice a week to keep it up and running.

It had rust on the top and hood but other than that it didn't have one single scratch, the inside was perfect too, not one stain. He got the oil changed every 3000 mile. He had all the 100k mile work done like new timing belt, spark plugs, new brakes and brake fluid. He even got a brand new air conditioner motor, and compressor. He had the whole thing replaced, but it went out again before I bought it. When I got the a/c looked at the guy filled it with freon, and said it needed a few things I forgot what but he estimated it would cost $600.

That is why I was suprised when it stopped working, I knew I needed to replace the battery because it was about 5 years old but when the new one died on my it worried me. I think it has got a lot of life left in it, and that the shop tells me that nothing is wrong with it when I take it in, I need to change my brakes, but I have only done it twice and both times I was with my ex-gf who knew how to do it because all 3 of her parents are mechanics.  I have only done it on a jeep, and durango so I am assuming it is probably a lot different on a sedan.

I watched a few youtube vids to learn how and had her coach me. I am hoping I can figure out how to do it on my car, because it saves so much money and is one of those things that you should know how to do, along with jump starting a car, and changing oil and tires. When I changed the brakes on the jeep we took it to midas who quoted us at 240$ plus tax to do it, and with the tools and all the parts we were able to do it for $50. I also changed my dealers durango's brakes for 10 oxy 30s, which was pretty cool.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal