Core Topics > Seniors, Geriatrics

Aging addicts are among our most vulnerable—yet we never talk about them

<< < (2/2)

Narkotikon:

--- Quote from: DeadCat on February 22, 2016, 11:12:40 PM ---As many people have said; If you make it to 70 you should be given any dtugs you want. Honestly, I have a neghbor who is dying of Pancreatic Cancer who has been resisting opiates for her pain becaus e "she doesn't want to get addicted."  I hope she shanges her mind.

--- End quote ---

That's really, really sad.

I hope she changes her mind too. Once you're that old, and that sick, I don't see the point in depriving yourself of pain control, let alone some pleasure and comfort.

10kites:
This is pretty interesting, especially considering that I'm getting up there in years and have almost zero interaction with other people. I guess the future is pretty bleak.

Chip:

--- Quote from: 10kites on February 23, 2016, 06:32:43 PM ---This is pretty interesting, especially considering that I'm getting up there in years and have almost zero interaction with other people. I guess the future is pretty bleak.

--- End quote ---

that's why this forum is largely for people like you (and me) who suffer from social isolation - a real issue for people who either don't trust many people or don't feel that they are part of the mainstream.

drugs can do this and using forums can keep us closer to people that understand us.

However, one should still always try to make friends, users or not.

don't worry too much, 10kites - you seem like a nice person so hang in there.

10kites:
@chipper  Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with dopetalk. To register, please click here...
Go to full version