dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Tapering Phenibut  (Read 7200 times)

Offline Narkotikon (OP)

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
Tapering Phenibut
« on: August 29, 2015, 06:46:16 AM »
I've been using Phenibut.  From the middle of March to May 1st I used it occasionally.  A few days on, a few days off.  Ever since May 1st I've been using it daily.  My normal dose was 3 grams BID / twice per day.  Sometimes I'd take more.  The most I've taken is 7.5 grams at once. 

For the past couple weeks I've been tapering.  Went from 3 grams (10 scoops) to 2.7 grams (9 300mg scoops) for a week, then from 9 scoops to 8.  All still BID in the AM / PM, about 12 hours apart. 

Tomorrow I'm going from 8 scoops to 7 (2.4 grams to 2.1 grams) BID for a week.  I'll continue this until I'm down to 1 scoop (300mg) BID for a week.  Then I'll only take 1 300mg scoop per day for a week or so then stop.

My goal is to get off this stuff with little to no w/d.  I expect some craving, anxiety, etc. when quitting completely, but I'd like it to be nothing major.  I have Lamictal / lamotrigine to help later.

This taper isn't set in stone.  I can always get more Phenibut and make changes.  Is this a decent taper?  Are there any changes you all recommend? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
Re: Tapering Phenibut
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 12:41:21 PM »
Hey, Nark!  I was just wondering how Lamictal helps you.  I have epilepsy and Lamictal is one of three (the other two are phenobarbital & Vimpat) that I take for management of grand mal seizures.

I have taken the Lamictal by itself and I didn't feel anything(good or bad)so I was just curious to the benefit of using it to get off the Phenibut.

Also, because I am waaayyyyy to lazy to google this, what does phenibut do?  If memory serves me it is for anxiety.

Thanks, Nark!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Narkotikon (OP)

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
Re: Tapering Phenibut
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 01:20:39 PM »
Lamictal isn't a controlled substance.  It won't get you high.  It basically inhibits glutamate, thereby letting your brain's GABA to work better.  Benzos increase GABA, Lamictal inhibits glutamate. 

It's classified as a neuroleptic, and is used to treat seizures.  It's also used in psychiatry to help certain conditions: bipolar disorder, ADHD, OCD and other anxiety disorders, etc. 

I'm basically taking it for anxiety.  It doesn't directly calm me down like a benzo, but it raises my tolerance to anxiety.  It takes more to get me anxious than it used to. 

I'm taking a small dose daily while I taper, but I'm saving part of my scripted dose in case I need larger doses for when I finally stop the Phenibut.

Phenibut is basically a form of GABA that crosses the blood brain barrier.  It's sold as a nutritional supplement just like GABA is.  It's long-acting, and somewhat euphoric.  The euphoria fades though if you take it daily for extended periods. 

Phenibut is also very closely related to Baclofen.  I've read some case studies of people in Phenibu w/d.  They were treated by tapering them using Baclofen.  In those studies, they equated 1 gram of Phenibut being equal to 10mg Baclofen. 

Like Baclofen and benzos, it's causes w/d.  The w/d is like benzo w/d.  That's what scares me.

If you don't mind me asking, how much phenobarbital do you take in a day?  I messed around with that stuff a little less than 2 years ago.  I ordered 100 10mg pills off the net.  I can see some people enjoying it, but I didn't care for it.  It was just oppressively sedating.  Like knock you out with a cast iron skillet sedating.  It's odd b/c I did like it several years ago when I was given it for opiate w/d while in rehab.  Back then I'm sure it was 100mg Luminal.  The capsules were blue and white like those are. 

Anyone else?  Anyone?  Tips / thoughts on Phenibut w/d? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Tags: