dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: AORD--Automated Overdose Rescue Device (by MORFY)  (Read 4760 times)

Offline Morfy (OP)

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM
AORD--Automated Overdose Rescue Device (by MORFY)
« on: December 09, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »

I sometime work with diabetic patients who have an insulin pump installed.

For those not familiar with this: instead of giving yourself an insulin shot a few times a day, you have a cellphone-sized device that can deliver insulin through a small cannula.  The patient just inputs how much insulin to inject.

As part of an innovation project to help prevent various ODs: there could be a small device, maybe worn like a wide bracelet, that uses Pulse Oximetry (aka PulseOx) to monitor a person's oxygen saturation levels.  It is non-invasive, and uses a laser light to check the color (oxygenation) of blood. 

Connected to the PulseOx, on the same bracelet, would be a few milligrams of naloxone, and or flumazenil (to counter-act benzos like xanax, valium, klonipin, etc...). 

The life-saving device would work like this:

1- Drug user attaches device to non-dominant wrist.
2- Maybe once every minute or so, it would check the user's oxygen saturation
3- If it notices the oxygen levels dropping below ~85% (from slow breathing, or not breathing), it would sound an alarm
4- If the alarm is NOT deactivated, or snoozed, in 1 minute, it will inject the first dose of reversal agent.
5- Continued lowering of oxygen levels would trigger another dose, and even a third dose.

Given the technology today, it could even have a basic cell phone integrated into it, to call an Amberlance.

The typical reversal agent would be naloxone.  But if the user typically combines opiates & benzos, then the device could also reverse the benzo effect with flumazenil.

Okay, ready for your comments, suggestions, criticisms etc....

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
Re: AORD--Automated Overdose Rescue Device (by MORFY)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 08:43:21 PM »

I sometime work with diabetic patients who have an insulin pump installed.

For those not familiar with this: instead of giving yourself an insulin shot a few times a day, you have a cellphone-sized device that can deliver insulin through a small cannula.  The patient just inputs how much insulin to inject.

As part of an innovation project to help prevent various ODs: there could be a small device, maybe worn like a wide bracelet, that uses Pulse Oximetry (aka PulseOx) to monitor a person's oxygen saturation levels.  It is non-invasive, and uses a laser light to check the color (oxygenation) of blood. 

Connected to the PulseOx, on the same bracelet, would be a few milligrams of naloxone, and or flumazenil (to counter-act benzos like xanax, valium, klonipin, etc...). 

The life-saving device would work like this:

1- Drug user attaches device to non-dominant wrist.
2- Maybe once every minute or so, it would check the user's oxygen saturation
3- If it notices the oxygen levels dropping below ~85% (from slow breathing, or not breathing), it would sound an alarm
4- If the alarm is NOT deactivated, or snoozed, in 1 minute, it will inject the first dose of reversal agent.
5- Continued lowering of oxygen levels would trigger another dose, and even a third dose.

Given the technology today, it could even have a basic cell phone integrated into it, to call an Amberlance.

The typical reversal agent would be naloxone.  But if the user typically combines opiates & benzos, then the device could also reverse the benzo effect with flumazenil.

Okay, ready for your comments, suggestions, criticisms etc....

This thingamajig  can do exactly that morf, pretty damn cool it can connect to wifi and send alerts directly to whoever if something is off, bolus ya with drugs etc

Sorry for  picture quality, I was shaking like a leaf when I took it
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Morfy (OP)

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 11:55:29 AM »
Fuck me running Corlene:

I had a multi-million dollar idea, only to figger-out its been done already.

Damn, damn, damn.

Well, best I hear it from a friend than have the Patent-Boys laugh me out of the office.

I think I'll get high now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 01:59:59 PM »
Fuck me running Corlene:

I had a multi-million dollar idea, only to figger-out its been done already.

Damn, damn, damn.

Well, best I hear it from a friend than have the Patent-Boys laugh me out of the office.

I think I'll get high now.

Happy to hear I'm considered a friend. That thing is pretty neat, I wear it all the time. It can be configured in so many different ways. Extremely expensive tho, make it cheaper and they will come rest assured.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 02:41:03 PM »
Good idea morfy.  Both the device and getting high now!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal