dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Im on Spotify, iTunes, and Pandora  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Im on Spotify, iTunes, and Pandora
« on: September 02, 2015, 02:36:26 PM »
I just found out today that one of the bands I played in a few years ago the album I played on is on Spotify, iTunes, and Pandora. It made me happy to hear it sense it had been a long time and made me reminisce of all the good times I had being a musician sleeping on couches, living with girls who would support me and partying and making music 24/7 for the 4-5 years I did it. The debauchery and chaos that happened in that time was such a wonderful chapter in my life and I miss it. I some times wonder what it would be like if I chose to stay on that road. Addiction kind of took over and the kind of music I wanted to play had already been made and the bands never made any money and I just didn't have the heart to do it anymore after I became addicted. My name isn't on any of them because even though I recorded the music I didn't write the songs on the album I recorded I just added little fills, bridges, and changed a few things up. The songs I wrote and were a huge part of making where on their album's just walk away and Sonder and I could care less about getting my name on that because I thought the singer sucked  and he ruined the songs lyrically and melodically. I also didn't think any money would come from it so i didn't bother getting my name on the copyrights of either album.

The album I am on is called King Me by Another Round you can listen to it free on spotify. The better songs on the album are Speak, SDR, Stay away, Stay Alive, and Mamacita My favorite song on the album was Whiskey Dick and my favorite to play live were red dirt, and speak. The guy who recorded and produced the album was the guy who did most of the flaming lips albums so it was cool being in a legit studio and stuff. I only joined the band because I thought they might make money because it was butt rock and that is what sells at the moment they sound like nickleback to me. I was the guy who would make the shows fun by jumping in the crowd and thrashing on stage constantly and making it more of a show than just a band playing there songs live which makes a band go no where usually. I wanted to put on a motley crue type show to get the crowd drunk and into it even if the music wasn't all there.

All in all for the first album and songs the band wrote its not half bad. Its not my cup of tea as far as music goes but I liked playing with them cause I could get drunk and jump around on stage doing crazy things because the songs were easy to play. Plus it allowed me to do the musician thing another year with a different set of people where I didn't have a job and lived on beer and little food with different girls supporting me with housing, money, and food. Shows helped pay for a little bit of the booze and weed so that was cool too.

Griffin
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:17:42 PM by Griffin »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
Re: Im on Spotify, iTunes, and Pandora
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 03:08:01 PM »
That's a hard road to
tow.
Getting on stage night after night
Painting the same Mona Lisa
Three or four nights a week

It sounds easy but it can be a grind.
Especially if you are a singer
You can't just go out and buy new vocal cords.
I never did it myself.
[/cente] I have seen it done
I looked for that song
On my mp3 player
And it came up .
It said that the artist
Was Whiskey Dick also
Gonna try to get a sample
Check that shit.
(Never mind the last line it is a private joke.)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions