dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Pick Up Artists  (Read 41036 times)

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
Re: Pick Up Artists
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 08:16:54 PM »
we used to talk like this at the lunch table because it made us laugh

dont remember what kino is, but I remember mystery saying you have to build it first before you can close the set.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline Illadelph215

• Whiskey bent and hellbound
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 28, 2022, 06:21:24 PM
  • Our Community
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 08:42:45 PM »
It doesnt have to work. You pay first.

People also pay money to see carrot top. We dont always use our money very well
To be fair, two of my best mates went to Vegas recently and they bought tickets to see carrot top.

Now naturally me and my other buds were making fun of them and like you said above, told them they wasted their money on a washed up wreck.

But they saw him on their last day, a Sunday right before they were flying home. One was hungover and the other had a horrible double ear infection, so they weren't pumped at all. Apparently that was one of the highlights of their trip, second behind the amazing food (who woulda thought) that Vegas had to offer.

He goes through a giant trunk of "props" which sounded stupid but they said he is very self aware, makes fun of himself and has hilarious scenarios and one liners. They both said they would see him again for sure and upon hearing some of his jokes I was a little impressed as well.

I never thought I'd be sticking up for carrot top but since that has been the topic of conversation around my friends recently I had to say something lol. Take it as you will, but apparently carrot top is a good act to see. I'm just as surprised as the rest of us, as he is the butt of a lot of jokes.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:47:19 PM by Illadelph215 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There is no future, there is no past. In the present, nothing lasts.

Offline smalls

• Reputation Power: 9
  • smalls is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2018, 09:05:28 AM
  • East Coast Hermit
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 09:09:00 PM »
we used to talk like this at the lunch table because it made us laugh

dont remember what kino is, but I remember mystery saying you have to build it first before you can close the set.

Okay I couldn't resist looking it up. Kino is touch.

For most kino escalation steps you should be sitting down next to her, on a couch or similar area. This opens up the most options. The best time to go for an escalation is when she is at an emotional highpoint.

Make sure that you are open for anything and take it as far as it will go that night

Here are some tips for "light kino," the first stage:

• Palm reading – Put out your hand with the palm up and tell the girl to give you her hand. When she gives it, study her palm intently and gently trace the lines in her palm with your finger. Then, give her a look as if you now have her figured out and let go of her hand. When she asks what you saw, make something up that leads the interaction forward.
  • Short handholding – Another cold reading routine you can use when you have her hand is to place two fingers on her wrist, as if checking her pulse. Then say, “Just as I thought, you’re attracted to me. The heart never lies.” as you give her hand back.
  • Thumb-wrestling – This is a great game to use when challenging the girl to do something. You always want to win.
  • High five – Can be used for instance to highlight a commonality you share

Perhaps @Zoops would have scored with a little negging and some thumb wrestling when she was at an emotional highpoint.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 09:39:18 PM »
OH shit, I'm waaaay past thumb wrestling. That's for pussies. I go straight to "LET'S GET IT ON BABY!"

If that doesn't do it, then I go for my second option, which works every time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Guts (OP)

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 11:17:49 PM »
Thumb wrestling and palm reading? Seriously? I think all these pick up artists do is force these guys to try... they're bound to find a drunk chick or two who liked world War craft.

I was wondering what kino was too! This mystery douche bag apparently introduces himself to girls as "mystery". He suggests wearing one interesting item, such as goggles or binoculars lol, so a girl will have an excuse to talk to you... if they want to.

I wonder if any of these boot camps guarantee you will get laid there? Mine will. And no, they aren't hookers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taytoechip

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 11:38:45 PM »
To be fair, two of my best mates went to Vegas recently and they bought tickets to see carrot top.

Now naturally me and my other buds were making fun of them and like you said above, told them they wasted their money on a washed up wreck.

But they saw him on their last day, a Sunday right before they were flying home. One was hungover and the other had a horrible double ear infection, so they weren't pumped at all. Apparently that was one of the highlights of their trip, second behind the amazing food (who woulda thought) that Vegas had to offer.

He goes through a giant trunk of "props" which sounded stupid but they said he is very self aware, makes fun of himself and has hilarious scenarios and one liners. They both said they would see him again for sure and upon hearing some of his jokes I was a little impressed as well.

I never thought I'd be sticking up for carrot top but since that has been the topic of conversation around my friends recently I had to say something lol. Take it as you will, but apparently carrot top is a good act to see. I'm just as surprised as the rest of us, as he is the butt of a lot of jokes.

That special moment when you're not sure if someone is trolling you or not  8)

But really though, i'm well aware of his prop humor act. He's only done the same thing for ohh i dont know, 25 years?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline DiCaprio

• Reputation Power: 3
  • DiCaprio is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 17, 2016, 08:49:43 PM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 12:22:38 AM »
If you just keep coming up to girls and try to talk to them youll stop being nervous. In my opinion its like a form of cognitive behavior for people that have arachnophobia. Slowly but surely you bring the spider closer and closer until you become rational/realise theres no threat there. I dono though thats just opinion. I do think if you call yourself a pick up artist then your a douche bag.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Illadelph215

• Whiskey bent and hellbound
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 28, 2022, 06:21:24 PM
  • Our Community
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 02:40:53 AM »
That special moment when you're not sure if someone is trolling you or not  8)

But really though, i'm well aware of his prop humor act. He's only done the same thing for ohh i dont know, 25 years?
lol ehh some of that may have been sarcasm. I find it funny you used him as an example as wasted money when he's been the topic of convo between our circle since they saw him.

Pretty crazy that same routine has kept him with a gig in Vegas for years and a guest on many talk shows though.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There is no future, there is no past. In the present, nothing lasts.

Offline puppy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • puppy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 24, 2023, 08:56:43 PM
  • Miss you Chem...
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 08:45:09 AM »
If you just keep coming up to girls and try to talk to them youll stop being nervous. In my opinion its like a form of cognitive behavior for people that have arachnophobia. Slowly but surely you bring the spider closer and closer until you become rational/realise theres no threat there. I dono though thats just opinion. I do think if you call yourself a pick up artist then your a douche bag.

Um...no....

No amount of therapy could possibly convince me to bring the spider closer...pass out and possible heart attack...maybe ....but keep that fucker over there... ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts (OP)

• Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 09:13:37 AM »
Gals, we need your opinions. Have you ever found yourself face down, ass up thinking, "dammit, not again, this fat motherfucker is a pick up artist!"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 10:04:11 AM »

Um...no....

No amount of therapy could possibly convince me to bring the spider closer...pass out and possible heart attack...maybe ....but keep that fucker over there... ;)

I know you're joking, but it is a real treatment, and it does work well supposedly.  They call it desensitisation therapy. It is very slow and gradual so that you aren't excessively scared.  They try to maintain a general unease and combine it with coping techniques.

I have heard that they might not dobit with your specific phobia, but instead the aspects that bother you first. 

I don't think fear if spiders really requires therapy like this, but it apparently works great for hoarders, ocd, and other stress/anxiety response behaviours.

A friend had problems with minor hoarding/collecting/keeping her dead mothers apartment in a storage space for 5 years untouched.  This type of treatment helped her to be better at letting things go.  That's what she told me at least.

As for girls perspectives, obviously I'm not one but I have been around friends when guys come up and "spit game.". At this point it is pretty well known I think, and a lot of women treat guys who do these 'techniques' like they should be treated.  Poorly, ignored and even negged right back.  Serves them right.  All that you really need to meet wimen is to be somewhat interesting, honest and authentic.  I would work on basic communication skills, and do a course to increase your social confidence before advising someone to listen to these fuck up artists and their techniques for dehumanizong and taking advantage of fragile women. 

It's really just playing numbers.  If you start this crap with 100 women, then you're bound to have some who respond to it for whatever reason.  Then those odd successes seem amazing to them instead of the reality that if they approached 100 women and were genuine they would not only have some who respond, but also have the chance for more then a one night stand.  Shouldn't that be the real goal?

It's sad.  The real predators are the guys selling the courses.  Taking advantage of fragile men, and encouraging them to traumatize fragile women.  To make them distrust men, and feel even worse about themselves.  It oreys on the same insecure side of us that exploits people through teen magazines and impossible body ideals.  Clearly it works because there is a whole massive industry built around fragility, and exploiting that fragility for their own game.

I would love it if people stepped off that treadmill and felt better about themselves.  (Que imagine by john lennon.)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:10:54 AM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DiCaprio

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 03:13:26 PM »
@puppy Yea but what if ur tied down n someone keeps throwing spiders at you? You just gonna keep having heart attacks?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts (OP)

• Our Community Board
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 03:19:55 PM »
No, she would die after the first one  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DiCaprio

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 03:25:19 PM »
No, she would die after the first one  ;)
I read of a man that had 372 heart attacks. This is all made up but you can have multiple ones.(right?)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taytoechip

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 07:18:00 PM »
i taught myself to grind my teeth in my sleep after hearing that like 39 spiders hang out inside your mouth everynight.

they'll not be fucking with me again anytime soon.

oh and
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:21:56 PM by Taytoechip »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline Guts (OP)

• Our Community Board
« Reply #29 from previous page: April 27, 2016, 07:23:46 PM »
So I guess a heart attack is when one of the blood hoses (I dunno the technical name) in your heart get clogged... so I guess it's possible for more than one to get clogged at the same time?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal