Core Topics > HCV and HIV

Mistakenly shared a needle with Hep C positive person

<< < (2/6) > >>

mickeyaye6989:
Had a similar experience and didn't end up getting HCV, so don't beat yourself up too bad. As others have said, we all do stupid things to get well, but often times it's not even ourselves we have to watch out for. Hopefully the bleach took care of it, as I know a couple people who have gotten used rigs from Hep C patients and didn't contract it,since the rigs were bleached. I do feel like they let the rig soak a bit longer than 30 seconds, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if not. I mean, we all know how anxious you'd be if you had a shot waiting. 30 seconds probably seems like hours.

My little scare was in the midst of a pretty gnarly coke shooting bender. Ended up going to meet a buddy at 5am to score some roxi's so I could get some sleep after shooting coke all night, and had to meet him at a the apartment of a guy I didn't know. While I was there, the host asked me if I would mind giving him a little shot of coke since he was letting me use his place to score, which I obliged as I was wanting sleep anyway. As I was shaving some off the rock, I fumbled and dropped it right into his spoon that he had been using all day for multiple shoots and washes. Picked up the soaked rock, broke him off a chunk, and promptly banged the rest. Five minutes later the motherfucker casually mentions that "he has hep C but doesn't know how he got it because he never shared needles, but did use spoons and cottons from hep C positive people becuause he was convinced only needle sharing transmitted it." I lost my shit because i just shot a bunch of his wash water, but he had failed to mention his Hep C status. He fires back again with the "yeah but you can't get it from sharing water, just needles" bullshit.... THEN HOW DID YOU GET IT JACKASS??? Anyway, I spent a year feeling like, in the back of my mind, that I KNEW I had it. Started drinking heavily to drown out the thoughts, and got up to about a liter per day liquor habit, before getting tested a year after  the fact. Turns out I was actually fine.

Long story short, you never know til you get tested, and while you may expect the worst and be CONVINCED that you have it, you never can be sure either way. I fucking KNEW that I had it for a year, but ended up testing clean when I finally went to get checked. Better to be sure than to worry over something that isn't there. At least the tests are free!

dougrounds:
Thanks everyone... but I can't help but beat myself up over this...

I am normally very up tight about using clean and new utensils... but my addict tendencies got the best of me today.

Yeah, I am definitely pissed at the dude who gave me the outfit. He had hit me up this morning, telling me had had some fire dope for sale. He was kind of far from me, and I told him I'd only make the trip to go meet him and cop the dope assuming he had a clean rig I could get.

He obviously just told me yes just to get me to make the trip out to him and buy the dope. 

Ugh... I hope that bleach did the trick.

jonnyr3b:
I love how they banned the sale of needles in orange county to try to get people to stop doing drugs but it only facilitated the sharing of needles. At least you bleached it bro, if I was sick and the shot was ready to go and I saw a little blood I would have have easily said fuck it and just done it. I haven't bought needles in a couple years but the only place I know of was a Walmart in the city of orange. Wasn't that you who was all spun out and picked a gnarly whole in your belly?

dougrounds:

--- Quote from: jonnyr3b on October 24, 2016, 11:06:51 AM ---Wasn't that you who was all spun out and picked a gnarly whole in your belly?

--- End quote ---

Wow... You remember that.

Yes.... that was me... IV meth instantly turns me into a pyschopath. I still have a noticeable scar alongside my belly button from that manic, speed fueled episode. I don't quite remember what I was thinking, or if i thought something was buried inside of me... but i was definitely out of my damn mind when I did that..

... In regards to not being able to purchase needles in Orange County... there are a couple of places I know of that will sell you a bag of darts.

But I agree. Especially with it being an area with no needle exchanges, access to clean syringes should be definitely be permitted.

Dog Food:
As long as you bleached it real well i think youll be good for sure.  I know one of the first times i had a buddy try to hit me while i was still sniffing it, i had bleached one of his rigs very well.  Well we both happened to go to the same rehab and this place tested you.  I was clean like 6 months after that shot and he found out he had hep.   I know they say its not perfect, but its pretty good at killing it imo.

I was very cautious about people not dipping their rig in a water bottle and all that for years.  Havent been tested again, and ill freak if i still got it somehow cause you never really know if that dope you just bought has been contaminated like that recently, as the virus only lives maybe a week in open air

Thoms:
Do the right thing and get tested.bottom line is it's better to know. Either way.whats done is done. Don't dwell on it. Just do what you need to do, get tested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with dopetalk. To register, please click here...
Go to full version