Core Topics > HCV and HIV

Mistakenly shared a needle with Hep C positive person

<< < (6/6)

chemicalchart:
Like Candy suggested, get tested twice. I was tested for Hep C while prepping for knee surgery. The first test came out positive. Big scare. Second test came back negative.

mickeyaye6989:

--- Quote from: dizzle on October 26, 2016, 07:53:27 AM ---

--- Quote ---the worst thing you can do to yourself is not get tested. i literally didnt get tested for nearly a decade because i was so fuckin sure i had hep but i dont.
--- End quote ---

Wow thats a long time to be carrying that thought around

--- End quote ---

Yeah man, I didn't wait a decade but I did go a year before getting tested. In retrospect I would have been a lot better off just getting it over with. On the bright side, it was part of the motivation for me to get clean like I did, and was good for about 2 years until I broke my foot and got scripted 50 1mg dillys for pain (my doc is the shiiiiiit) but during that time I basically substituted alcohol for opiates and was drinking 500ml+ of vodka/whiskey/gin a day for about a year and a half. Realized that it was killing my body so I started using benzos and shit again but opiates are the only thing that make me not even care about drinking, and since they're healthier long term then  Ill stick with em for a while longer.

But back to what dizzle said, carrying the thought around was torture. I would go through periods where it was all I could think about, but for the most part it would just flare up when there was a trigger and I'd almost have a panic attack. Looking back just getting tested was something I should have done right away.

God damn I partied so fucking hard that day I got my results back as all clean. 8) 8) 8) ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with dopetalk. To register, please click here...
Go to full version