dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Urine test questions  (Read 21933 times)

Offline always_opiated (OP)

• S'all good man
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • always_opiated is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 18, 2022, 12:20:27 AM
  • Our Community Board
Urine test questions
« on: October 27, 2015, 03:30:44 PM »
I hope I posted this to the correct forum

Greetings old friends (opiophile.org folks ) + newer members, it's great to have a place to post again :)

I'm still in pain management and I am running thru my scripts in 3 weeks  :(

Usually I use dope my first week after my appointment but due to circumstances beyond my control I did my scripts the 1'st 3 weeks and I am now using dope and my appointment is this Friday

My pain management Dr is pretty cool and i've been seeing him since 2007, but in the last year he has been pee testing me every 3rd or 4th appointment.

In the previous 8 years I had 1 DAM urine test and that was after relocating here and it was when he took me on as a new patient.

I've been a great patient.  I've NEVER in the 8 years  called to change an appointment because I  ((lost)) my meds ETC

I have some 3 month old frozen urine that contains the needed narcotics that I am currently prescribed.

My appointment is this upcoming Friday and it's a coin flip on if I will be pee tested or not.

My question is,

CAN the lab tell that my urine has been frozen, then unfrozen and warmed to body temp??

I am planning on pulling the frozen pee from the freezer Thursday, letting it defrost  and putting a sample in a glass container that I can warm up to body temp by putting the container between my nutsack and leg a few hours before my appointment

At the doctors office I pee in private into 1 of those temperture enabled plastic cups.   I believe they send the specimen to a lab for analysis

Any advice appreciated.   I cant find anything on the web

Hope everyones doing well

Regards,

A_O

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline AllNightLong

• Reputation Power: 15
  • AllNightLong is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 04, 2017, 03:34:28 PM
  • Broke but not sick
Re: Urine test questions
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 04:01:00 PM »
I use frozen urine all the time for the UAs I have and have NEVER had the lab be able to detect that my urine was frozen. Once I collect it I put it right in the freezer and keep it out of light. As long as you have done this you will be fine. I have taken a conservative estimate of 500 GC/MS tests in the past 7 years and never been called on using frozen urine.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• S'all good man
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 07:20:35 PM »
Thanks for the quick response AllNightLong

The urine went from me into a plastic tupperware container triple wrapped in brown/tannish grocery store plastic bags rite into my freezer which I may open 4 or 5 times a week to grab some Ben+Jerry's  Cherry Garcia

That takes a huge load off my mind!!!

Thank you!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 09:15:11 AM »
With frozen
You may want to strain it
With a coffee filter.
Sometimes mine gets cloudy
The coffee filter then it's good again.
I realize this is probably to late
but for the sake of harm reduction.
How you ask? Because if you lost your doctor you would using 4 weeks out of the month.
The temp strip thing is asked allot.
If your urine is warm
Pee in the cup wait for strip to light up.
Pour out pee.
Put good pee in.

I guess I should post a few more things.
If you got what you need and are questionable on other stuff.
It is best not to give them first urine of the day or any urine that has been in your bladder along time.
Always give them the middle of the stream.
Good luck
Any questions
HMU
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:17:34 AM by hero 1 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Smacky-Doodle 2.0

• All-Around Junker
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Smacky-Doodle 2.0 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 10, 2021, 03:26:07 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 09:58:01 AM »
Just my 2 cents, I'm not sure that just keeping it by your leg will be enough to warm it enough so that the temp strip reads where it should.

I warm mine up pretty good in the microwave...15 or 20 secs.  It's usually MUCH hotter than needs be, and I just pour it into the sample cup, and blow on it until it cools down to 96 - 98 degrees.

But yeah they've never asked me about my urine, or been able to tell it's not fresh or anything like that.

I just didn't want you to go in with cold pee, cuz I've done that before it wasn't cool.  And you don't want to be.....uncool, yeah?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I often ask myself:  "What would Trevor Philips do?"

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 11:46:35 AM »
I am with smacky doodle your leg won't be enough to heat it to 98 degrees. What I do is I buy a traveling shampoo container one of the empty ones that doesn't have anything in it and has a cap that flips open. They are a dollar at wall mart. I then goto petco and get one of the reptile sticker thermometers that goes up to 104 and I cut it at 94 so it will fit on the bottle and I can see 94-104 degrees. I also get two hot hands which you can get at walmart or a pharmacy pretty cheap.

About 30 minutes before the appointment you need to shake the hot hands and start getting them warm because they take a while to heat up. I usually use 2 and just throw them next to the bottle before I go in. The thermometer will tell you if you are warm you don't want to be to hot I think piss reads around 96 degrees when it's in the UA cup so you don't want it to hot and you also don't want it to cold. I just make sure the temp is right and when you squeeze the bottle it sounds like your pissing but just make sure it doesn't click. I usually practice a few times with water to clean it out and to loosen it up so when you squeeze it it doesn't make a clicking sound when you stop squeezing and it fills up with air.

I might be able to post up a picture if I still have it and can figure out how if you need me to. I haven't used it except for a job drug test a few years ago. It has worked probably 100x for me and someone else I know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Flutterby

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Flutterby is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 27, 2018, 12:53:50 AM
  • unicorn farts smell like chili
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 11:52:18 AM »
@Hero 1, peeing in the cup to get the temp strip to read correctly and then dumping it out and putting "good" pee in is GENIUS! Thanks for that tip!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mimi

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Mimi is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 13, 2019, 12:55:31 PM
  • C'est la vie......
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 01:39:19 PM »
I wouldn't even much sweat urine being cloudy -- It's not at all uncommon at all for
urine to have a somewhat cloudy appearance straight out of the "chute".......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• S'all good man
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »
Thanks for all the info folks.  I greatly appreciate all the ideas and recommendations.

My appointment was TODAY, (Thursday at noon), not FRIDAY!! Luckily I received a robo call yesterday from my doc REMINDING ME  : )

As far as warming the urine, my only other experience was using a masking agent back in the late 80's called URINE LUCK

I taped the vial between my nutsack and leg after warming it up with my hands and warm running water.   I remember it working because I got the job and probably had 5 or 6 different illegal substances in my pee 8)

( It was the 80's and I was YOUNG!! )

So last evening I took the frozen specimen and let it melt in a sink half full of luke warmish water.  I kept the tupperware in the fridge last night.   This morning 2 hours prior to my appointment i carefully poured the pee into a travel sized plastic SCOPE mouthwash container.

I warmed it up with hot water from the faucet and taped it using medical tape to the inside of my leg and scrotum.

After a few minutes of small talk, the Dr printed out my  scripts and I was on my way!!

Better safe than sorry!!

I really liked the suggestion of peeing into the Dr provided specimen cup getting the temp within range and then pouring it out and replacing it with my heroin free sample.

Today is the last time I'm going to put myself in that situation.  My GF is going to dispense me my meds so when I go on a bender I'll still have a weeks worth of ER Oxies and IR Morphine on hand a week b4 my appointment.

At Each appointment I get 2 months worth of scripts written for me.

I think the only reason I started getting tested randomly after 6 or so years of being with the same pain DR is the DEA is probably breathing down his neck.

Fucking DEA should leave us CPP's alone, especially those of us over 55

Hope everyones doing well and thanks again

A_O

PS.   Baltimore is FLOODED with some fire RAW!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 12:33:05 PM »
Considering the urine samples have to be transported to labs all over the country, I'm sure they freeze here and there in the colder months. Shouldn't raise any flags even if they could tell.

And peeing into the cup first is a TERRIBLE idea! Risking a positive test for residue... not to mention the strip will just cool right back off...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:36:22 PM by theSWPK »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 01:03:21 PM »
Thanks for all the info folks.  I greatly appreciate all the ideas and recommendations.

My appointment was TODAY, (Thursday at noon), not FRIDAY!! Luckily I received a robo call yesterday from my doc REMINDING ME  : )

As far as warming the urine, my only other experience was using a masking agent back in the late 80's called URINE LUCK

I taped the vial between my nutsack and leg after warming it up with my hands and warm running water.   I remember it working because I got the job and probably had 5 or 6 different illegal substances in my pee 8)

( It was the 80's and I was YOUNG!! )

So last evening I took the frozen specimen and let it melt in a sink half full of luke warmish water.  I kept the tupperware in the fridge last night.   This morning 2 hours prior to my appointment i carefully poured the pee into a travel sized plastic SCOPE mouthwash container.

I warmed it up with hot water from the faucet and taped it using medical tape to the inside of my leg and scrotum.

After a few minutes of small talk, the Dr printed out my  scripts and I was on my way!!

Better safe than sorry!!

I really liked the suggestion of peeing into the Dr provided specimen cup getting the temp within range and then pouring it out and replacing it with my heroin free sample.

Today is the last time I'm going to put myself in that situation.  My GF is going to dispense me my meds so when I go on a bender I'll still have a weeks worth of ER Oxies and IR Morphine on hand a week b4 my appointment.

At Each appointment I get 2 months worth of scripts written for me.

I think the only reason I started getting tested randomly after 6 or so years of being with the same pain DR is the DEA is probably breathing down his neck.

Fucking DEA should leave us CPP's alone, especially those of us over 55

Hope everyones doing well and thanks again

A_O

PS.   Baltimore is FLOODED with some fire RAW!!

Yea the dea is hitting the docs
The reason is because schedule 2
Have quadrupled
They don't mention that narcos are now schedule 2 not 3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Flutterby

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Flutterby is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 27, 2018, 12:53:50 AM
  • unicorn farts smell like chili
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 07:28:03 PM »
I always thought that when the temp strip on the cup took its reading, it stayed at that temp permanently because at my clinic you put your sample in a bin with other samples and it gets sent to the lab at the end of the day. The nurses don't look at the cup or the temp strip at all, so I just assumed the strip stayed colored at the temp it was originally at because by the time the lab would temp it would be cold.

That was just my assumption, and usually that means I'm wrong.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 04:14:55 PM »
I always thought that when the temp strip on the cup took its reading, it stayed at that temp permanently because at my clinic you put your sample in a bin with other samples and it gets sent to the lab at the end of the day. The nurses don't look at the cup or the temp strip at all, so I just assumed the strip stayed colored at the temp it was originally at because by the time the lab would temp it would be cold.

That was just my assumption, and usually that means I'm wrong.

A lot of them do that. Others the person who takes the sample writes the temp on the paper they stick in with it or on the cup.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline lilbay21213

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • lilbay21213 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 07, 2018, 08:50:01 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 05:25:17 PM »
@Hero 1, peeing in the cup to get the temp strip to read correctly and then dumping it out and putting "good" pee in is GENIUS! Thanks for that tip!

Be careful to clean that urine cup if you do this i had one drop of the from the body and ended up with a morphine trace amounts i could not believe it.

I know i have put my  cup in between my legs and never had a issue with turning it in.
I do know many who have used those hand warmers and they have worked well
I love the reptile thermometer idea.

My big issue is still showing morphine in my urine even with 6 days clean after using 3 weeks.

Bay
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions