dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Ever wonder what doctors think about you?  (Read 8082 times)

Offline Guts (OP)

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
Ever wonder what doctors think about you?
« on: February 22, 2016, 09:04:30 PM »
There isn't a sure fire way to know who is a prick or not but doctors under 40 usually are a pretty safe bet. Same with cops. Read what your friendly neighborhood doctor has to say about you:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/opiophile-org.940241/

Next time a doctor pulls his ego out on you, and it's sure to happen eventually, just remember Stephen Hawking said "people who brag about their IQs are losers".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:34:37 PM by Guts »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
Re: Ever wonder what doctors think about you?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 02:07:24 AM »
This link has been posted 3 times that I can recall back in the phile and I think once here?
I'm curious as to how you came across it? Each time it's posted I've always wondered what people were searching or viewing to find it but have never asked.

The lack of compassion the majority of those posters have is absolutely apalling. Do they even teach ethics now? 
I've always felt like the people that act like shit towards addicts, namely police officers, used to care. Then that one family member or friend that became an addict and somehow hurt them and forever changed their attitudes

At least it's a forum with a user base that is mainly students and not professionals (and yes I know med students do internships and work at hospitals). It baffles me how childish/juvinilely mean-spirited people can be while being that far along in college. What's even more confusing to me is that so many folks just don't seem to grow up... ever.

I have, however, come across very nice and compassionate  younger doctors (late 20s).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Guts (OP)

• Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 02:53:59 AM »
I didn't realize it had been posted so many times... well I figured it had probably been posted on opiophile but not here. I came across it googling "opiophile".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 06:11:41 AM »
IIRC, several Opiophile members joined that forum to advocate for CCPs and addicts. Or maybe that was the student pharmacist forum. One of the two.

In any case, yes, this type of thing has been posted before. And yes, the opiophobic attitude of those doctors and pharmacists is disgusting.

Some outright claimed they NEVER prescribe opiates, or never will. How uncompassionnate and arrogant a person must be to say they NEVER script, or will script, an opiate.

Some even said they don't think patients, even cancer patients, have a right to pain relief. They only have a right to pain relief IF the doctors trust them and deem it appropriate.

I hope all of them get bone cancer, are in a major car accident, or have some other disease / trauma happen to them. Then I hope they're all confronted with uncaring, untrusting doctors who deny them pain relief.

Only then do I think they'll be able to fully understand the consequences of opiophobia. And even then, I'm sure a percentage of them will still agree that pain relief isn't a right or necessity.

Assholes indeed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 01:10:31 PM »
I didn't realize it had been posted so many times... well I figured it had probably been posted on opiophile but not here. I came across it googling "opiophile".

Wasn't trying to ride you about it, FWIW.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Guts (OP)

• Our Community Board
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 02:26:25 PM »
I tried to read the student doctor network thread again and I could only make it half way... I don't need to be so frustrated this early. The argument that most of those douche bags were making is that they were protecting us from ourselves... yeah... I'm sure they really care....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline puppy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • puppy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 24, 2023, 08:56:43 PM
  • Miss you Chem...
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 05:26:54 PM »
Snip...Narks quote...
Some even said they don't think patients, even cancer patients, have a right to pain relief. They only have a right to pain relief IF the doctors trust them and deem it appropriate.

I hope all of them get bone cancer, are in a major car accident, or have some other disease / trauma happen to them. Then I hope they're all confronted with uncaring, untrusting doctors who deny them pain relief.

Only then do I think they'll be able to fully understand the consequences of opiophobia. And even then, I'm sure a percentage of them will still agree that pain relief isn't a right or necessity.

Assholes indeed.
[/quote]

This...agree 100%... chaps my ass big time...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts (OP)

• Our Community Board
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 05:37:04 PM »
They think they are just so smart... one of them said something like "You only know what you want, you have no idea what you need. That's why you go see a doctor". Why do doctors seem to hate a well informed patient?

I think its really just an ego thing and they just have to be the smartest person in the room... growing up they probably clinged to that notion a lot? I mean I'm guessing most doctors were nerdy (nothing wrong with that, kids are mean though) and got made fun of a lot growing up. I remember I read this blog post titled "things I wish I knew before going to med school" or something... it talked about how most med students are used to being the smartest person in the class but that changes when you get to med school. It warned that there will always be someone smarter than you and, the quicker you swallow your pride, the better off you'll be.

You don't have to go to college to be educated...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 06:06:02 PM »
Remember that these aren't doctors.  Just students.  I assume that the doctors who don't bitch and complain just don't seek out sites like that to do it on.  Sort of like how people who are happy with a purchase rarely seek out a way to write a normal review, but people who are displeased will definitely find a way to write a bad review.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline puppy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • puppy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 24, 2023, 08:56:43 PM
  • Miss you Chem...
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 06:27:06 PM »
@Z even though it says student ...there are in fact Drs who contribute on the site...many...and they are just as bad as the students with the shitty mentality....I had found that site many years ago researching Fibromyalgia...and many think it's a fake/all in your head aliment...just a drug seeking means...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:28:56 PM by puppy »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts (OP)

• Our Community Board
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 06:40:17 PM »
Remember that these aren't doctors.  Just students.  I assume that the doctors who don't bitch and complain just don't seek out sites like that to do it on.  Sort of like how people who are happy with a purchase rarely seek out a way to write a normal review, but people who are displeased will definitely find a way to write a bad review.

Maybe so but most of them are residents working in hospitals. Either way, do you really think their attitude changes after getting that piece of paper? Maybe after a decade or two... kind of like older cops who finally realize they aren't saving the world and finally chill out a bit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 03:07:38 AM »
There isn't a sure fire way to know who is a prick or not but doctors under 40 usually are a pretty safe bet.
{snip}

i find that the opposite holds true for me; the ones OVER 40 are usually more old school and thus, more liberal (read: less prohibition exposure ?)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Guts (OP)

• Our Community Board
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 03:16:59 AM »
I think we're in agreement Chip. Younger doctors are more likely to be dick heads.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal