dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Going cold in Fort Myers, FL  (Read 4919 times)

Offline Brains 2 Guns (OP)

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Brains 2 Guns is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 27, 2017, 01:20:51 PM
  • a cosy place for heads
Going cold in Fort Myers, FL
« on: May 12, 2017, 06:25:33 AM »
Disclaimer: I go into stuff like this while having made peace with knowing theres a real good chance I could piss off the wrong people and/or get jacked. I dont recommend doing this.

I have never been to Fort Myers but had to stop there for what ended up being almost a week. I didnt spread out what I had like I should. After a little bit of liquod courage under the sun by the pool, I decided I was going to start walking around and would not come back until I had enough sub to last me until homebase. I was in the part of town where going to my left would lead to popular tourist spots and going to my right would lead to a bad part of town. I started randomly walking down a busy street around sunset. After about a half mile I turned around and started walking back the other way. I noticed a couple people hurrying on bicycles. I then saw a homless man with another curled up being on the porch of a closed business. I kept walking. Then I circled back and engaged the man vocally. Not sure what I said exactly, Im sure it was the most timide yet legit sounding string of words that would hint at my needs. At least I thought so. I picked him becausw he was old and most likely didnt have a phone. Calling police probably wasnt an option and neither was any dangerous physical altercation. He pointed me to a street and a complex there and also gave me a name. After getting there, I randomly asked 2 guys about the name. The said " no" and albeit looking fucked up themselves, they asked " you're not looking for any drugs are you? I laughed and said no. I then happened to see a group of 4 people standing next to a church. Im not sure if I gathered this or assumed it but it was a church that helped people in need. I could tell the older lady was fucked up so this gave me "courage". I stood by while they finished rheir conversation. I then simply went into it and actually got 2 phone numbers. Nothing worked out rhat night but the next morning one of the people actually came through. Of course you had to give them the money first but I had him leave his phone and bag. All in all it worked our fine. Second time Ive done this and what I have learned is that its all about picking the right target. Amyways, thought Id share. Peace.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline LadyKalma

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • LadyKalma is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 09, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
Re: Going cold in Fort Myers, FL
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 05:17:51 PM »
I don't know fort myers but it sounds like you got the technique down well. Better than me. I always run through these scenarios in my head before I venture out, but lose courage and just end up chatting with homeless junkies till they mention something themselves, which can take awhile and telling your story a little. But thanks for the reminders to us all to be safe, don't let yourself get ganged up on or set in a trap, keep something of theirs as collateral, and preferably scope the area on car and then set out on foot.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline cspazusar

• Reputation Power: 2
  • cspazusar is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 23, 2017, 07:08:49 PM
  • a cosy place for heads
Re: Going cold in Fort Myers, FL
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 07:08:49 PM »
You did REALLY good in Ft. Myers. I daresay I almost know where you were. You gotta be careful there, its like a hoodrat hooked up with a hillbilly and Ft. Myers was the result. I've seen everything from dogs hanging so they could be cooked for dinner to accidentally driving up to (what I THOUGHT was a bonfire) a klan cross burning.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal