dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Hep C Drug Tourism - Finding a good hospital  (Read 8684 times)

Offline theSWPK (OP)

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
Hep C Drug Tourism - Finding a good hospital
« on: June 11, 2016, 03:37:45 AM »
Had to make a doctor's appointment today for my Hep C. I've been having the most ridiculous joint pain everywhere but my upper cervical vertebrae. I read that Hep C can contribute to things like Rheumatoid arthritis and it's worrying me.

Anyway. This all made me consider getting treated with Harvoni or the other similar one. In the US it's close to $1000 a pill and insurance won't cover it... in India and Egypt you can fly, get a hotel (nice one), go to a doctor or hospital and buy boxes for $900. So 2 boxes for treatment. All this for under $3500.

How would I go about finding a Western hospital? Like a private French hospital or the like. I've been searching but not having a lot of luck.

"Harvoni cost in the US – $94,500 per treatment. If you are looking for cheap Harvoni price don't look at the US. In the United States the price of Harvoni is the highest in the world. With an average cost of $1,125 per Harvoni pill, it is one of the most expensive drugs on the market."
Fuck that noise.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:40:21 AM by theSWPK »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Z

Re: Hep C Drug Tourism - Finding a good hospital
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 08:20:48 AM »
I looked it up out of curiosity.  It's free under the quebec plan, but only for the "sickest" patients.  Whatever that means.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/new-hepatitis-c-drug-approved-for-quebec-s-sickest-patients-1.3168392
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK (OP)

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »
I'm looking primarily at India. Canada costs just a few grand less than US.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Fentfiend420

• Scum dog universe
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fentfiend420 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 13, 2020, 12:21:14 PM
  • "Commit suicide infront of loved ones"
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 11:10:21 AM »
Thats fucking bullshit!
Those numbers for treatment are insane man.
I hope you find a good hospital for your treatments.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's like a world were you don't fit.
A life you can't live.
Somewhere you can see the food,
But can't touch the silverware.

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 12:42:47 PM »
@theSWPK - I'd try looking/posting on travel/expat forums for info about "western" hospitals and hotel recommendations, the specific forum names escape me atm, but google should provide.

Good luck and keep us posted, this kind of research could be hugely beneficial..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tony

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Tony is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 29, 2017, 12:41:33 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 12:39:54 AM »
Hello theSWPK,

I am currently on Hep C treatment with the Sovaldi and Daclatasvir combo. Sunday will be 30 days! I wll be taking my bloodwork on Monday to see if I have
cleared or how much my viral load has dropped. I have been lucky enough to be one of the few that was approved this combo after at first being denied by
my insurance company. I was denied and then six weeks after appealing I was approved. My Daughter works for a  health insurance provider so I got some inside tips to use for anyone that needs to do an appeal.

It answer your question I am going to post a link to the guy who has the latest and most reliable information on where and who and how much. Along with tips on scams. This guy is better than the guy in the movie Dallas Buyers Club! He was one of the first people what flew from his home in Australia to India to buy the drugs he needed ( Sovaldi and Ribavirin in his case )  and fly back to his home to take the treatment. He is undetectable and has devoted his time to help others get cured. I was going to go the route that you are contemplating before I was approved by my insurance. I even went so far as to be the first person in the US to import Daclatasvir directly from Mesochem in Beijing in API form. This was before Big Pharma started to put pressure on them to stop selling directly to anyone other than manufacturers in the US and other countries. I was told by the marketing lady that I was the first person in the US that they shipped Dac to.

Sorry for the rant. It is just a subject that is very close to my heart, ( and Liver ) too. The link is: https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/greg-jefferys. Greg is up on all of the best sources, with the best prices and accommodations by country. The site is very up front and user friendly. He shoots straight. He doesn't make  dime out of helping people. I have lost count of how many folks he has helped cure.He also has hooked up with an MD in Australia who will write a scrip for you and help you import it to the states so you can avoid the cost of flying to another country to take your treatment. I imported six grams of the Dac and it got here in two days!  If I remember right I paid around $360.00 US for more than enough for twelve weeks treatment. I was getting ready to buy the Sovaldi when I got my denial approved. Please look into Greg's story. I assure you he is the real deal and is on the cutting edge.

I see that you are buddies with QoD. I am internet friends with her. Feel free to mention that I would be delighted to hear from you and that I asked her to give you my email address. I will help you in any way to run the traps so that you can clear this really shitty disease! Also I am sure that Nick would give you my email address. That is if he still has it! LOL.

Good luck and please do not forget that these new DAA's ( Direct Acting Antivirals ) are so much less toxic and have a clear rate in the 90 to 100 percentile! Gilead has a triple combo drug in the works that is coming in with results very close to clearing 100% of all Genotypes with or without Cirrhosis! Even folks that
have failed treatment with the new DAA's! This one will take a while to be able to get in Generic form from India and other countries. But is is coming!

Please reach out if there is anything I can do for you at all!  Also this goes for anyone that is interested in Hep C, testing, treatment, anything at all. I am at your service.     

Peace,

Tony 2016 Don't Tread on Me!               
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline junkbox

• Reputation Power: 2
  • junkbox is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 08, 2021, 06:24:14 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 11:49:29 AM »
I got into a study and the pharmaceutical company paid for my treatment.  It was Sovaldi not Harvoni
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 05:37:16 AM »
Australia offers this with no charge to all citizens and permanent residents ... i love my adopted country for reasons such as this !
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:34:32 PM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline nurse_K

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • nurse_K is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 24, 2020, 12:58:44 AM
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 02:01:56 PM »
I looked it up out of curiosity.  It's free under the quebec plan, but only for the "sickest" patients.  Whatever that means.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/new-hepatitis-c-drug-approved-for-quebec-s-sickest-patients-1.3168392

Here they differ between stages of cirrhosis / 1-4. Until early this year is was stage 3-4. I do believe stage 2´s are now being included.  Medicine is free if criteria is met; among others; meeting up every time for outpatient check ups, and  stable in maintenance treatment be that drugs and/ or alcohol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions