dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: CVS lies and sucks!!!!  (Read 29600 times)

Offline Lolleedee (OP)

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
CVS lies and sucks!!!!
« on: November 13, 2015, 11:19:06 PM »
CVS announced recently that they were expanding their Narcan without a prescription program to New Jersey!  I was very excited to hear this, as I think EVERYONE who is on opiates for any reason, be it a CPP, a recreational user or someone on maintenence should have it on hand.  It is a life saving medication that everyone should have.

Anyway, I called my local CVS down the road and talked to the pharmacist, who from dealings in the past, I loathe.  Anyway, I blocked my number so I could call anonymously and asked to speak to the pharmacist.  She gets on the phone and I ask her about the Narcan.  She says to me and I quote "We don't carry that medication for drug users." and then she HUNG UP ON ME!!!!  FUCKING BITCH!!!!!

So, I called another CVS, this one maybe ten minutes away and asked to speak to the pharmacist.  This young guy gets on the phone and says, sure, no problem!  Come in tomorrow and I will order it for you and answer any questions.  He told me the price (twenty dollars and change) and told me he would see me tomorrow!  Super nice guy!

Anyway, I have always hated CVS, but as you can see there are some good pharmacists sometimes.  NOw, what do I do about the bitch pharmacist?

It would be easy for me to just to let it go, but I'm not going to.  If I don't demand better treatment for those who take opiates for ANY reason, then I am only contributing to the stigma!  I would love to hear some ideas on how to handle this.  I was seriously thinking about going to the bitch in person and recording our encounter...if this is what she says to everyone, she needs to be stopped!  She is openly breaking her own store's policy!

Give me some ideas!  Thanks!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
Re: CVS lies and sucks!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 01:37:16 AM »
Boycott CVS instead of giving thek your money

They are a huge corporation that could give a fuck about saving the lives of the "morally ambiguous"
As the good Dr. Might put it

I would see about submitting a comment to corporate about how she wouldn't sell to you
and as a result... something that might very well may happen had you not been able to get it

There's always the old flaming rag in the gas tank prank but idk maybe that would be excessive
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 04:10:03 AM »
Let me guess, a young, just-out-of-pharm school grad?

SCARD TO DEATH! They get some sort of indoctrination these days in school, and only the squarest of the square seem to be wanting to go into that profession. Shit, back in the mid to late 90's when I was in school, it was a pretty mixed bunch. Some squares for sure, but about 30% of our class was at least down with smoking some reefer and getting drunk as shit on the weekends, or going on a bender after a rough exam, like even on Tuesday night.

And who else would narcan be for? Other than "drug users?" I mean even if you're getting your narcotics completely 100% legit, you're still a "drug user," in the strictest sense of the term. If you take penicillin, you're a "drug user," so what the fuck is that stupid bitch trying to say?

We don't carry that medication for "drug users." Fuck. That just makes my blood boil hearing that attitude from a pharmacist. They think they are the bee's knees don't they?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Lolleedee (OP)

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 05:20:05 AM »
Let me guess, a young, just-out-of-pharm school grad?

SCARD TO DEATH! They get some sort of indoctrination these days in school, and only the squarest of the square seem to be wanting to go into that profession. Shit, back in the mid to late 90's when I was in school, it was a pretty mixed bunch. Some squares for sure, but about 30% of our class was at least down with smoking some reefer and getting drunk as shit on the weekends, or going on a bender after a rough exam, like even on Tuesday night.

And who else would narcan be for? Other than "drug users?" I mean even if you're getting your narcotics completely 100% legit, you're still a "drug user," in the strictest sense of the term. If you take penicillin, you're a "drug user," so what the fuck is that stupid bitch trying to say?

We don't carry that medication for "drug users." Fuck. That just makes my blood boil hearing that attitude from a pharmacist. They think they are the bee's knees don't they?

She isn't young or just out of school!!!  She is a middle aged woman originally from India.  I actually do not use CVS for my prescriptions...changed to a mom and pop a looooong time ago due to their asshatery around filling legit narcotic prescriptions!  I really want to make an example out of her!  By refusing to fill (according to her employers company policy, no less!) she is putting lives at risk and it isn't right!  I'm not letting ths one go so easily.  Until drug users as a group start demanding the respect and care we deserve, people are going to continue to treat us like second class citizens!  I've had enough of this shit! I just need some ideas of what to do.  My first thought was a trip in person to request it and to film her response..then send it to the media.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 05:27:08 AM by Lolleedee »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 06:08:09 AM »
^^^That sounds like a very brave and courageous thing to do. Of course you'll get the "don't film me" bullshit from her, which will only add to the drama. Do you have a local news show that "investigates" stuff for the public? Like we have a channel "7 on your side" thing in the DC area.

That film, along with a well-written e-mail attached, should raise some eyebrows.

Make sure that you note in your letter that the only thing naloxone is good for is reversing potentially fatal opioid/opiate overdoses. It's not a controlled substance and has no potential for abuse at all.

Maybe you could ask her on film to please respectfully explain why, in light of those facts, and if it's consistent with company policy and compliant with state and local laws, she would still refuse to sell it to you.

Being a legitimately prescribed narcotics user does not make one immune to accidental overdose. In other words, just because you're requesting naloxone does not make it safe for her to assume you're a drug abuser in way, shape or form.

Anyone on moderate dosages of opioids for the treatment of pain could end up in an overdose situation due to drug/food interactions, or interactions with OTC medications that are unforeseen by anyone, without increasing the usually taken dosage. Or it could come from a combination of drug/food/and OTC med interaction, or accidentally taking it too early, or (<gasp>) a dispensing error on HER part.

You go get 'em Lolleedee! Do it for us! This type of ignorance on the part of health-care "professionals" comes at the expense of people's lives!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 06:13:48 AM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Sand and Water

• Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 08:13:22 AM »
I agree with Zoops especially that's its very brave of you & they may try to play the "you can't film me" card. Im thinking its going to depend on your state laws, but imo, you're in a public place so it should be fine. Maybe try to discreetly do it?  I don't know if your local media would even go near it b/c of the politics and taking it "national" or to the net may put you under the microscope. I don't mean to sound discouraging, just was thinking of things that may cause you to be treated even more poorly than you already have been.

One thing i know WILL bring attention and keep you out of a spotlight is to report her to your states Pharmacy Licensing Board. They WILL investigate a complaint like yours as its in direct conflict with long established standards of practice. She may well get sanctioned (which is a mark on her license and will follow her), be required to attend CEU's to demonstrate competence in care and so on.  It's a BIG deal to have your license investigated and would be a huge embarrassment and hassle for her.Its also typically a confidential process, so she cannot go around talking about it/you. 

I would encourage *anyone* who's been treated unfairly by a medical professional (MD, RN, PharmD) to NOT leave it at the local level--ie the hospital, clinic or pharmacy store. There's oversight way beyond their business and these Boards aren't affected nearly as much by political pressure ($$$). They exist to safeguard the standards of care that must bet met in order to issue a License in the professions. Also, because of all the new fed regulations as a result of the FDA & other policing agencies, the Boards are up to date on the law etc, so it won't be you trying to explain this to a CVS District Manager who doesn't hold a license/know the law etc.

Just as a quick aside, the same holds true for those who are being run over by public defenders etc. Lodge a complaint with the Bar Association--word about those being investigated gets around FAST which is another bonus to re-educating this woman. 

Whatever you decide, Im so sorry you were treated like this--it's a reality, but the more people speak out, and complain, the more hope there is that these situations will become rare exceptions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline St. Theresa

• St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 11:41:37 AM »
Go in and ask her for the narcan while a friend tapes her response.  im sure she'll make it worth while. She sounds like a wretched bitch.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 11:51:59 AM »
The pharmacists can always use their so called disgression to dispense anything. Even if it is legal. In nyc a pharmacy I used to frequent had a pharmacist who would sell ya a single ten packs or a box. The other pharmacist wouldn't and said goto the NX like the rest of your kind.

In nyc they are required by law to dispense to anyone that asks, no questions asked.

Don't even get me started about south florida. They apply their bs to everything that comes from behind the counter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Wildcat

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 12:05:06 PM »
Loll-

great idea, I hope you do the interview-wear a vid cam like the cops are doing to record, they are not really that expensive-this way she will not know it's being documented, therefore you will get her responses in true form-then post up to youtube, hope it goes viral.

a couple days ago while wearing a 100mcg duragesic patch-I had been drinking gf juice, I had too much-and I have fent constantly in my system/fat cells-I started to really feel them and was super intoxicated to the point of nausea/vomiting-took patch off,but I still would have a lot in my system, and this really scared me-and I was thinking, I wonder if you can get narcan w/o a rx?- So yeah, narcan should available to all drug users regardless.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 01:12:30 PM »
Go in and ask her for the narcan while a friend tapes her response.  im sure she'll make it worth while. She sounds like a wretched bitch.

this! Don't tell her she's being filmed as you don't need to since it's a semi-public place.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee (OP)

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 04:11:19 PM »
I have recruited my best friend to tape this piece of shit on the sly!!  I also had her son call and ask for it (just on the very off chance she recognized my voice) and he was told they do not carry it and it cannot be ordered!

What really pisses me off is it was in the newspaper that CVS is offering this service
http://www.northjersey.com/community-news/2.4225/cvs-stores-in-nj-can-now-sell-narcan-without-a-prescription-1.1432751

The other thing that creams my corn (to quote Penny from TBBT!) is that it isn't her place to not dipense it when it is in opposition to company policy.  If this is CVS's policy then she should have to follow it, no questions asked.  It is appalling that anyone would be opposed to a medication that saves lives and has basically a perfect safety profile.  This is about discrimination!  This is a "health professional", a term that in this case I use loosely, that is NOT doing her job!!! 

I hope she says the same exact thing she said to me...or even something worse!  If she does you bet your ass I will call the newspaper and the television news!  Then I will slam her ass all over YELP!  I am sick of the stigma surrounding opiaates!  It is wrong, it is stupid and now thanks to that bitches bad attitude, i'm on a rampage!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa

• St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 04:32:20 PM »
This is awesome lolleedee. Seriously. I love that you're doing this and am proud you aren't letting this go. We need to make this shit be seen.

Look at what wildcat just posted!

Please keep us updated on how this goes. And also what do you think you're going do with the video. ? Let's be smart about this so to keep your beef in a good light. Yey I'm excited.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline Dhedmo

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.Dhedmo is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 07, 2019, 02:55:15 PM
  • Be the flame, not the moth --Giacomo Casanova
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 04:32:24 PM »
I'm interested in the follow-up to this.

On a practical note, I pimped local "Family Pharmacies" in TTA's Pain DOc thread, and I'll do it again here.
I never had a problem.

I would have thought they'd be far more expensive than the chains, but the opposite was true. Dramatically true, especially when I had no insurance.

Trust is more easily established because they actually know you and care about you, and vice versa.

That can be important.
I needed to fill my done rx, but couldn't pay until payday. There was one bottle left on the shelf.
At almost the same moment, JoeBlow comes in wearing a tee shirt that read (no lie) "Chronic Masturbator."
He had a script for done (don't know the quantity) and actually had his cash in hand.

"We just ran out," said the pharmacist.

Joe went home to do what he had to do, I guess.
I paid up on payday.

(When I had no insurance, CVS charged well more than DOUBLE the local pharmacy cash price. Walgreens was only slightly better,)

One named jumped out at me in that article, btw: Michael DeAngelis, director of public relations for CVS Pharmacy.
;)
Good luck!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline clinton

• Reputation Power: 8
  • clinton is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 13, 2016, 05:09:47 AM
  • Harm Reduction & Safe Using
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 05:46:08 PM »
Can she be reported for going against their policy ? Have you spoken to someone above her ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In the vein...

Offline SkyHigh

• It's where my demons hide.
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • SkyHigh is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 19, 2016, 10:02:31 PM
  • Don't get to close...it's dark inside.
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 12:20:38 AM »
Would love to hear a follow up..have had many experiences dealing with self righteous pharmacists  (and a few awesome ones as well).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions