dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Xanax v Ativan v Zolpidem  (Read 6128 times)

Offline DeadCat (OP)

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Xanax v Ativan v Zolpidem
« on: June 21, 2016, 08:23:22 PM »
A question for all you who get scripts like this:

Today I went to the doc (in Colombia) with empty but recent bottles for 1 mg Lorazapam and 1 mg Alprazolam. I have a pile of Zolpiderm and it isn't realy in the same drug class anyway, but canhelp for sleep after a coke night. So, of these drugs , which give a better high and at what dose?

The reason I ask is the doctor had no problem writing #90 1mg Xanax and #90 1 mg Ativan after I explained the Xanax works faster and makes me less sleepy.  I left the office all set to score 180mg ofbenzos. Then after visiting 3 pharmacies who couldn't fill them both (they are on the same official Colombian government form prescription). It turns out the largest Xanax/Alprazolam they sell down here is .5 mg, no Xanax bars down here. And because he wrote down 1mg X 90 tablets the pharmacist couldn just give me twice as many .5 mg tablets because of constant government inventories.

Add to that, you can only us a prescription once and if you don't get everything you want when using it you won't get any more without a new prescription.

So I took the #90 Ativan although I wish it was the Xanax and will have to return to the clinic tomorrow to explain the 'script had to be re-written.  The clinic/hospital was all very nice and modern and had a young woman there to help intrepret my mediocre Spanish to the staff. She was a very pretty girl and sweet, like every other girl/womam in this city.. It is all I can do to keep my hands to myself.

The question I have is: does anyone have an idea of equivilancy between the 2 drugs? S far I have had 10 Ativan and feel OK but not loaded. However, I took 5 at about 5 PM and 5 more after 6 PM so I won't judge them just yet.

Anyone care to enlighten me on Ativan and it's realtive strength in the world of benzodiazepines?

Thanks,

-DC

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:42:57 AM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Xanax v Ativan v Zolpidem
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 08:45:18 PM »
I hate giving dosage but I usually take 4 mg of the xanax or 5mg of ativan but I have a stupid high tolerance even though I only take benzos 2 days a month. I think xanax is a bit stronger than ativan. I get my .25 xanax and 1 mg ativan tomorrow so I will report back on which I think is a better high as it's been a month.

I usually take the xanax first cause I like them more, but I think last month I thought the ativan was better hah sorry I have little memory with the stuff, I think the xanax comes on a bit harder since its faster acting but the ativan lasts a bit longer. You know this but its always best to start slow then work your way up, hopefully the doc writes you 180 .5 tomorrow.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
Re: Xanax v Ativan v Zolpidem
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 06:24:20 AM »
Xanax is slightly stronger than Lorazepam. Lorazepam is eliminated from the body by glucuronide conjugation, as opposed to alprazolam, which is oxidized and then conjugated with a molecule of glucuronic acid. Hence, lorazepam is more "cleanly" metabolized and has a shorter half-life, although alprazolam is pretty short to begin with.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions