dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Tremors  (Read 6422 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Tremors
« on: December 27, 2015, 02:39:25 PM »
Is there anything that can help with tremors? Anything that makes them go away, or lessen how bad and frequent they are? My hands have always been shaky, like alcohol withdrawal shaky, and they are continuing to get worse. I am having trouble eating stuff with spoons and forks, and I am dropping things more frequently because of large tremors where I lose control of my hands. It has always been noticeable but it has just gotten really bad in the last year.

If I were to do any exercise I can't write legibly, it looks like I am purposely shaking them and takes about 30 minutes to be able to write legibly again. It's noticeable when my hands are by my side. If I am trying to control something or hold my fingers in the same position like when I'm eating they shake uncontrollably. My handwriting looks like a 5 year old who is writing with his off hand, and it doesn't matter how hard I try.

If I were trying to hold a pen on a piece of paper in the same spot within 5 seconds I would have made marks an inch a way, within 10 seconds I would have gone twice as far or dropped the pen completely. If I try to slowly move my hand or fingers they eventually flail out of control.

I can feel it shaking and my face and other parts of my body do it too. You know when you can feel something pulsating like in your eye or whatever, one part of my body does this everyday. When I try to smile sometimes my face will tremor and you can see my cheeks and stuff pulsating, kind of flexing and letting go really quickly.

My hands look like I am in alcohol withdrawal if I hold them up to see how bad they are shaking. I just want it to be how it was 3 years ago when it wasn't always noticeable and I didn't have trouble eating. It looks like I am intentionally shaking when I hold my hand out. I can't cut, or draw a straight line, it's hard for me to do a lot of jobs.

My depth perception makes it worse because my eyes don't see the same, because I have a lazy eye. When I'm parking idk if I am right next to the curb or if I am 5 feet away. Being legally blind in my left eye effects my writing because my depth perception is completely off.

Does anyone else deal with this? Are there any foods, drugs, or exercises that help? I am willing to try anything I hope I was able to explain how bad it is without repeating and it making this post to long. It's hard for me to explain the actual severity of it and what makes it worse.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
Re: Tremors
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 02:59:22 PM »
I get them too so I know where you're coming from. Every time I go to a dr and am asked to fill out 5 forums I think to myself 'are you kidding me'? Now I just leave a bunch of stuff blank. If they really need to know they can ask me.

Have you tried Beta Blockers? It's not a cure-all but they help a lot in some people.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 03:16:36 PM »
I am on bystolic for my blood pressure I think it is a beta blocker, I haven't noticed if it helps since I haven't been taking it in the last 8 months. After I got arrested and lost weight I stopped taking it because my blood pressure wasn't high. Now that I got back on MMT my bp is through the roof, like scary high, so I need to start taking it. If it does help I will post back on here and let you guys know.

Since you brought it up, maybe my blood pressure being high makes it worse. That would make sense. MMT makes my bp sky rocket and I don't know why or how to fix it, with out meds. I am hoping that I can lose weight and when I get down to where I am supposed to be that it will make my bp normal but I don't know since the MMT seems to be causing it. I have to figure out how to cure my sugar cravings before I will start to lose weight. They are worse than ever, I never want real food, and have an extreme need for candy constantly.

When I first got back on when I was losing weight and on a diet I was eating fruit to curb my sugar cravings, but after a few months that didn't work and I felt off if I didn't have candy. I am really worried that I am going to get diabetes. It doesn't run in my family but since I was 14 candy has been a huge part of my diet, like seriously anywhere between 20-50% of my food intake is candy. It was cool when I was super skinny, before I got on MMT, then within a year of starting MMT I gained 100 lbs.

Anyone else have high bp from done? When I got kaiser insurance through work they made me take an EKG before they would sign off on covering my MMT.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 03:47:19 PM »
Look up "Palsy" and see if this describs your symptoms. It may be drug related but I think checking with a neurologist is the next step. Or maybe it is related to your job or stress (you have had plenty to stress about) and if you job includes repetetive motion with you hands I thik that might casue it too.

Once again I suggest you as for an appointment with your methadone clinic's resident MD. I THINK it is included in yur regualr fees so it shouldn't cost extra.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 09:18:19 PM »
I have a few of the symptoms of cerebral palsy but not most of them, I only have 2 of the symptoms of bell palsy. However I have 95% of the symptoms for parkinsons disease everything except the cognitive symptoms I experience most all the time. I don't think I have had amnesia or some of the other cognitive symptoms but literally every other symptom I have had or have all the time. I think I am going to take your advice.

I am going to see my gp in 2 weeks and get my testosterone levels checked and ask about the tremors. My doctor isn't that great hopefully he can refer me to someone who does know if he doesn't. I am probably going to print of a list of the symptoms of parkinsons so that I don't forget anything and to show him that I basically have every single one.

I am going to see my MMT doc too since it is completely free. I am going to go down on my dose to see if that helps with some of the sugar cravings and weight gain I am experiencing, and just deal with having some w/d symptoms at night. I want to be back down to 60 and try to see if my body will eventually be good for 24 hours at the dose. I went up to 90 3 weeks ago and have had distinct differences especially with craving candy and I immediately gained weight which I really hate, it kills my confidence.

Thanks Deadcat!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline lilbay21213

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • lilbay21213 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 07, 2018, 08:50:01 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 10:13:20 AM »
I have them a lot myself. I was beaten several times years ago while in an abusive relationship that left me with some serious head injuries. I also wonder if my liver issues might play a part in it i know when my ammonia in my blood is up i have tremors badly and can't think straight like i will know the word i want but can't get it out. I also have serious balance issues from it i mean to the point if i lean too far forward poof i am on the floor.
If i take the meds they give me though it brings it down and things go back to normal.

do you possibly have Hep C ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Spore

• Drexciyan Warrior
  • Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Spore is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 30, 2019, 05:33:18 AM
  • I, a Universe of atoms, an atom in the Universe...
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 05:58:10 PM »
Baclofen.

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 09:37:11 PM »
fortunately, as a stimulant user, i do not get the tremors.

it's not Parkinsons, i hope.

it may be worth seeing a doctor if it's practical to do so.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal