dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Recreational Sports  (Read 15766 times)

Offline cpwhyme

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cpwhyme is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 23, 2017, 06:38:53 AM
Re: Recreational Sports
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 26, 2016, 07:16:24 PM »
I know the current discussion is about paintball but couldnt help noticing the snowboarding comments. I think the best thing you can do @Griffin is just try to get out there more. It takes a few times but you will get it. Lessons may help if you keep having probs but try following your more advanced friends if they have the patience for you. Speed is important and is your friend although that may be counterintuitive. Avoid flats n traverses, they will demoralize and annoy you. You will feel sore n beat up if you only go once or twice a yr as you wont really have good fitness in the muscles you use for the sport. It is normal.

Ski vs slo....:-) a classic conflict that will always exist. I just see them as two different sports, each has its advantage. I skied for many yrs and never thought I would strap on a snowboard but the surfy feeling you get riding long powder runs imho just is not equaled on skies. Skiing is a bit more technical in powder n steeps. Snowboarding is easier and more forgiving once you master the basics. Personally I also think that boards tend to handle variable conditions much better than skies. To each their own tho...the two modalities having to co-exist within a resort, always going to see conflicts.

Regardless of the tool you use it is always great to get high on a mtn, in winter in the crispy cold with lots of snow. @Griffin I think you mentioned colorado. Any chance you can get out for a few turns during your visit? Probably crowded due to the holidays but maybe a good distraction....and good luck with the paintball adventure.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 07:46:44 PM »
I prefer to go down mountains on two wheels.  Mtb all spring/summer/fall! I guess you guys can use my mountains when it snows.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 04:15:24 AM »
Thanks for the advice esoteric, and cp, yeah I live in colorado and was thinking about going once a week for the rest of the season to get it down. As far as the skateboarding helping, I think it helped me just to be able to balance while moving and using my toes to turn but your right on them being completely different in just about every aspect.

Unfortunately all my friends snowboard and no one I know ski's so I doubt I will pick them up but I may try it, the thought of doing the splits has always kept me away because my hip dislocates easily but just being on the mountain cruising down with all the beauty around is what I like about it, it doesn't get much better than that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline QuickShooter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • QuickShooter is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 02, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 02:39:21 PM »
I use to play all sorts of paintball! Played local and regional tournaments here in West PA and the rest of the northeast, I also played for U of Pitt, and a couple of PSP teams. I live about 40 mins from where Smart Parts was based out of, and got to practice against Philly a ton, at their AMAZING field, All American Paintball Park. I'm still in contact with a few of the guys that are now on Houston Heat, and get to trade paint with them occasionally at a field in Pittsburgh.

I haven't played at a high level in a few years, but I still keep my toes in the water, and would pit myself against anyone 1v1 any day of the week.

Paintball and junk, my two true loves. At one point in my life I played 3 days a week for 2 and a half years. Amazing times, and memories I can't possibly forget. What national events have you played? We may have even bumped into each other occasionally.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taytoechip

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 02:53:27 PM »
I use to play all sorts of paintball! Played local and regional tournaments here in West PA and the rest of the northeast, I also played for U of Pitt, and a couple of PSP teams. I live about 40 mins from where Smart Parts was based out of, and got to practice against Philly a ton, at their AMAZING field, All American Paintball Park. I'm still in contact with a few of the guys that are now on Houston Heat, and get to trade paint with them occasionally at a field in Pittsburgh.

I haven't played at a high level in a few years, but I still keep my toes in the water, and would pit myself against anyone 1v1 any day of the week.

Paintball and junk, my two true loves. At one point in my life I played 3 days a week for 2 and a half years. Amazing times, and memories I can't possibly forget. What national events have you played? We may have even bumped into each other occasionally.
AAPP was legit,
until PSP NEO 2008  :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline QuickShooter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • QuickShooter is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 02, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 03:16:34 PM »
Lol. That was a great event! Lost my voice in the finals cheering philly on! As I've already told you, I stopped playing nationally about a year before that, but I had a lot of friends playing that event, as it was the first one near many of us, since NEO '05 in Irwin. I played NEO '04 and '05. Never forget seeing Fedorov take the "highway" on Lasoya in '04 and Russian Legion winning the open division, the first European team to do so in about a decade. Ahh...that tournament has been my mental nirvana ever since. Second to last national tournament with a REAL 10-man division too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 07:48:51 AM »
@hero 1 and I used to like
To waste a good walk by golfing.
He was a good skateboarder
Be for his accident
Matter of fact
Anything that involved
Going fast on a board or ski
He loved it
Especially water skiing

Me just 4 wheeling
And other Tom boy stuff
Like drag racing
I.know more about fixing
Cars than he does.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal