dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Festival Season (shpongle live total solar eclipse aka symbiosis gathering)  (Read 4018 times)

Offline Tainted (OP)

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
Anybody here goto many music festivals in the northeast? Or tipper and friends in FL (i know someone on htis forum went last year nd i didnt find out until after)

im flyin down to FL for tipper and friends in may, and Im gonna hit up a lot of the jamband type festivals in new england this year. strange creek, wormtown, vibes (if it isnt cancelled), etc.

I love festivals, always do a ton of L, molly, K, and nitrous. its seriously crazy fun.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:44:47 PM by Tainted »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Tainted (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Former Moderator
So I just heard about a festival in Oregon I'm buying ticket to today. In August there's going to be a total solar eclipse in North America obit one for a decade or two and there holding symbiosis during it, 6 day festival craziness line up,

But the biggest thing SHPONGLE LIVE WITH RAJA RAM. and 1200micrograms.
I'm gonna go and eat so much L during the eclipse it's going to care my brain to melt out my nose. Would be really cool if anyone else her going but it maybe too expensiv

Tickets 375, then I got to buy 6 days of food drinks plane ticket not gonna be able to bring tents with on plane etc so I'm planning on bringing several thousand dollars. I am clean work full time and sell shit at festivals on side so it will be possible for me to swing and do right but hopefully someone else here is going

Luckily I got a friend in Oregon I can mail L, K, Molly, and deems ahead to cause I try not to buy shit at shows. Been sold k that passes a reagant test but as like horrible horrible substance forged in the depths of Cthulhu
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline LadyKalma

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • LadyKalma is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 09, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
You sell stuff at festivals, Tainted? So you've probably been to lots of them, I'm looking up the tipper and friends you mentioned, but also have heard about a bunch of others in FL coming up and wanted to know in your experience which are the best, most worth going to for the money?

I went to lots of camping rave type events in michigan over the summers i lived there, and it was always such a magical time, i miss those days. There were just so many for so cheap up there, really only the Electric Forest was expensive, hence I never went there. But  Basscamp in mt plesant area was great, and I'm basically wondering about festivals that are more rave ish and less jam band ish.

What an exciting thing to be able to do, I should get to making up a business I can operate at festivals too so I can make it financially an option to go to them lots... thanks for the inspiration.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline gnossos

• The.Opiophile.You.Love.to.Hate
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gnossos is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 01, 2024, 12:31:52 AM
  • Distorted reality's now a necessity to be free.
    • ART in ANARCHY
So I just heard about a festival in Oregon I'm buying ticket to today. In August there's going to be a total solar eclipse in North America obit one for a decade or two and there holding symbiosis during it, 6 day festival craziness line up,

I'm gonna go and eat so much L during the eclipse it's going to care my brain to melt out my nose. Would be really cool if anyone else her going but it maybe too expensiv

Tickets 375, then I got to buy 6 days of food drinks plane ticket not gonna be able to bring tents with on plane etc so I'm planning on bringing several thousand dollars. I am clean work full time and sell shit at festivals on side so it will be possible for me to swing and do right but hopefully someone else here is going

Luckily I got a friend in Oregon I can mail L, K, Molly, and deems ahead to cause I try not to buy shit at shows. Been sold k that passes a reagant test but as like horrible horrible substance forged in the depths of Cthulhu

Back before the needle, festivals and concerts were totally my DOC. Have you seen Shpongle live yet? You're in for an amazing psychedelic treat if not. I caught 'em at Bonnaroo, I think in like 2009. (Actually think it was just Simon Posford solo, but still amazing). Got dosed up on DMT - it was great. I used to be all about psychedelics (acid, salvia, shrooms, DMT, etc.) but I think hard drugs have given me anxiety about tripping.

Another issue I have is that in the past 5 to 10 years, designer drugs and molly seem to have replaced ACTUAL LSD at those types of gatherings. Used to be, "acid" meant LSD - now blotter "acid" seems to be an umbrella term for countless research chemicals.

And like you said, festivals are fucking EXPENSIVE! Last one I went to was Voodoo in New Orleans (mostly for Tool and Puscifer, but I also wanted to catch Excision and Die Antwoord). The tickets already expensive enough, so I tend to sneak my own snacks and shit like that in rather than paying insane prices.

I try to just go from festie to festie: When one gets too expensive and commercialized, I try to find another. Been to Rainbow gatherings too, those are free. Also always been a dream of mine to go to Burning Man...

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
. : cause every junkies like a settin' sun : .

Offline Tainted (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Former Moderator

Back before the needle, festivals and concerts were totally my DOC. Have you seen Shpongle live yet? You're in for an amazing psychedelic treat if not. I caught 'em at Bonnaroo, I think in like 2009. (Actually think it was just Simon Posford solo, but still amazing). Got dosed up on DMT - it was great. I used to be all about psychedelics (acid, salvia, shrooms, DMT, etc.) but I think hard drugs have given me anxiety about tripping.

Another issue I have is that in the past 5 to 10 years, designer drugs and molly seem to have replaced ACTUAL LSD at those types of gatherings. Used to be, "acid" meant LSD - now blotter "acid" seems to be an umbrella term for countless research chemicals.

And like you said, festivals are fucking EXPENSIVE! Last one I went to was Voodoo in New Orleans (mostly for Tool and Puscifer, but I also wanted to catch Excision and Die Antwoord). The tickets already expensive enough, so I tend to sneak my own snacks and shit like that in rather than paying insane prices.

I try to just go from festie to festie: When one gets too expensive and commercialized, I try to find another. Been to Rainbow gatherings too, those are free. Also always been a dream of mine to go to Burning Man...

I've never seen Shpongle. I went to tipper & friends last year with shpongle being the main act I wanted to see, but they played a downtempo set at 6am and I had been up for 2 days doing L, K, and molly so I passed the fuck out around 2am and missed them. But Shpongle Live is unreal, they spend like a year planning every aspect of the show. I'm so excited, like seeing shpongle live would be in the top 5 things to do before i die.

i just got clean a few months ago and psychedelics have MASSIVELY helped that happen. Im lucky that ive never gotten too much anxiety from them or had any type of a bad trip.

I've heard people say that about L, but I've seriously NEVER had a problem with it. I get my L from a lot of deadheadsl pretty deeply involved in the psychs scene, but for years and years I could only get it from random ppl at festivals.  the molly at festivals is like 100% bunk. The last time I tried was at Gathering of the vibes in 2011 and me and my buddy tested like 30 peoples batches of molly and all but two 1g bags were fake. most of these ppl didnt even know they had fake shit. The guy who had real, it was his last bag, so he went to get more from his guy, when he came back, we tested it, fake. he had no idea, his guy prob didnt either honestly.

I may try goin to the Boston Callin festival in mass or the govenors ball in new york to catch tool. the tickets are sooo fuckin expensive though cause theres like 30 mainstream headliners that BLOW though.

You sell stuff at festivals, Tainted? So you've probably been to lots of them, I'm looking up the tipper and friends you mentioned, but also have heard about a bunch of others in FL coming up and wanted to know in your experience which are the best, most worth going to for the money?

I went to lots of camping rave type events in michigan over the summers i lived there, and it was always such a magical time, i miss those days. There were just so many for so cheap up there, really only the Electric Forest was expensive, hence I never went there. But  Basscamp in mt plesant area was great, and I'm basically wondering about festivals that are more rave ish and less jam band ish.

What an exciting thing to be able to do, I should get to making up a business I can operate at festivals too so I can make it financially an option to go to them lots... thanks for the inspiration.

Florida has festivals, but I tend more towards the jam band scene. I've gone to Ultra, EDC, and tipper. Most of my friends have gone to EarthDance as well (the only camping EDM festival in FL i know of) Tipper and Friends was easily the best festival I've ever been to. I had soooo much fun at that one. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it this year anymore, though. I am going to save every dime I have for shpongle in Oregon and flying to FL for tipper would be pretty expensive.

EDC would probably be decent. Ultra was awesome for years but it's gone REALLY down hill. I haven't gone in a few years, but there's like 3 whole weekends they do it, the tickets are crazy expensive, if you want to see like all your fav. dj's you have to go like 4 or 5 diff days cause the lineups are sooo spread out cause its so many day festival (and it isnt days in a row, its like fri-sat-sun, 3 weeks in a row) EarthDance is significantallyt smaller, but once again its been like 3-4 years since anyone I know has gone.
There is normally a ton of festivals at "Spirit of the Suwanee Campground and music grounds" they hold Wanee Music Festival (3 day camping festival, allman brothers band headlines all 3 nights, the dead bands like furthur/dead and company play some years, but thats more jam band, but its a HUGE awesome festival) tipper and friends, and then they always have a ton of other smaller festivals going on. i really like that venue its really nice and its very secluded.

There is a lot of things you can do at festivals to make money. I got a friend who is an artist so he made up a bunch of his own designs/art and threw band names on it (so counterfeit merch kind of,t he band dont get money) had pins made up, thousands and thousands, and he sells them at festivals (no booth, just vends illegally in the camp area, worst that happens they steal all your shit and kick you out)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline gnossos

• The.Opiophile.You.Love.to.Hate
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gnossos is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 01, 2024, 12:31:52 AM
  • Distorted reality's now a necessity to be free.
    • ART in ANARCHY
i just got clean a few months ago and psychedelics have MASSIVELY helped that happen. Im lucky that ive never gotten too much anxiety from them or had any type of a bad trip.

Hell yeah, congrats on getting clean! ^_^ There's no doubt that psychedelics have serious therapeutic properties when taken in the right circumstances, with the right people, etc. Can you elaborate on how they helped you get clean? Did you just have one epic, life-changing trip or what?

I've heard people say that about L, but I've seriously NEVER had a problem with it. I get my L from a lot of deadheadsl pretty deeply involved in the psychs scene, but for years and years I could only get it from random ppl at festivals.  the molly at festivals is like 100% bunk. The last time I tried was at Gathering of the vibes in 2011 and me and my buddy tested like 30 peoples batches of molly and all but two 1g bags were fake. most of these ppl didnt even know they had fake shit. The guy who had real, it was his last bag, so he went to get more from his guy, when he came back, we tested it, fake. he had no idea, his guy prob didnt either honestly.I may try goin to the Boston Callin festival in mass or the govenors ball in new york to catch tool. the tickets are sooo fuckin expensive though cause theres like 30 mainstream headliners that BLOW though.

Some people are luckier than others I guess when it comes to getting ripped off. When I went to my first festival (Bonnaroo), when I was 18, I was like a kid in a candy store... and people took advantage. Now I consider myself a bit more of a vet, so I know better than to fuck with the people who push stuff (i.e. people walking around the campgrounds selling).
Deadheads always have the best 'cid, for sure. One lesson I learned from getting ripped off a few times is to not buy from people who aren't fucked up themselves.

Florida has festivals, but I tend more towards the jam band scene. I've gone to Ultra, EDC, and tipper...

EDC would probably be decent. Ultra was awesome for years but it's gone REALLY down hill. I haven't gone in a few years, but there's like 3 whole weekends they do it, the tickets are crazy expensive, if you want to see like all your fav. dj's you have to go like 4 or 5 diff days cause the lineups are sooo spread out cause its so many day festival (and it isnt days in a row, its like fri-sat-sun, 3 weeks in a row) EarthDance is significantallyt smaller, but once again its been like 3-4 years since anyone I know has gone.

ULTRA WAS AMAZING when I went in 2012 (Bassnectar and Chase & Status), but I agree that it's gone downhill. I couldn't go back if I wanted to, the ticket prices are fucking INSANE. I mean seriously? Like $500 for a weekend fest? I was dying to check out EDC too after Ultra, but you really gotta have some money to fund those sorts of trips.

Florida has probably the best EDM scene in the world. I didn't get into EDM until I lived in Sarasota (near Tampa) for a few months.

Ever been to any regional burns? Here in Georgia they have Alchemy, it's like mini Burning Man's. I've been wanting to check that out.

I'm dying to check out international festivals too. There's some awesome stuff happening across the pond: Boom in Portugal, Be-In/Being Gathering in Spain.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
. : cause every junkies like a settin' sun : .

Tags: