dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: My first experience with IV (morphine and dilaudid)  (Read 8926 times)

Offline Opi-ette (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
My first experience with IV (morphine and dilaudid)
« on: February 28, 2017, 03:45:31 AM »
Just got released from the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. When I was in the ER area, I was given a shot of morphine. It felt weird and didn't last long at all. Then my surgeon came in and said "I've booked the surgery, we will take out your appendix in an hour"  :o

Everything went so fast. Needless to say when I came to I was in excruciating pain and they gave me a shot of dilaudid. What a rush! I was in for 3 days and got a shot every 4 hours until I was released. I watched the clock like a hawk and had my thumb on that call button as soon as 4 hours was up lol. I was worried in the back of my head how much I enjoyed how it felt. Now when I take my regular pain meds I can barely feel them. Hopefully I'll adjust back to how they feel at some point? I despise tolerance.

Anyway, just wanted to share that since it was a first for me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline wanderingmind

• Reputation Power: 5
  • wanderingmind is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2019, 10:34:59 PM
  • Our Community Board
Re: My first experience with IV (morphine and dilaudid)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 04:43:01 AM »
IV dilaudid is quite nice  8)  I've always wanted to be able to do one nice big shot of it, but the only time I ever got dilaudid I too was in the hospital after a surgery.  Though, in my case, I was able to get a PCA pump of dilaudid for three days.  Those three days were pure bliss!  I think the pump was set to give 2 mg per button press, which I could press every 12 minutes.  Because of the whole 12 minute spacing thing, I was never able to get the full rush. 

As for the tolerance, yes, it's a bitch.  I highly doubt you'll be able to feel great from the painkillers unless you either A) take a large dose or B) stop for a few days so your tolerance drops.  But, you've just had surgery, so you probably don't want to stop for a few days.

In my opinion, there is such a huge difference between IV vs. other ROA's.  IV is top dog and in a complete class of its own.  When I switched from snorting heroin to shooting it...I entered a new world.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 04:48:54 AM »
Wow! 2 mg every 12 mins?? Mine were 0.5 every 4 hours and I was at the mercy of the RN that was on call. No pump that I could press whenever I felt like it haha. No wonder you were in pure bliss.

I guess you are right. Tolerance breaks after I'm not feeling so sore anymore. There really is no other way. I don't want to take more because of the horror of running out early every month like I always do even when I swear this month will be the month I never run out again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline wanderingmind

• Reputation Power: 5
  • wanderingmind is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2019, 10:34:59 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 07:23:54 AM »
Wow! 2 mg every 12 mins?? Mine were 0.5 every 4 hours and I was at the mercy of the RN that was on call. No pump that I could press whenever I felt like it haha. No wonder you were in pure bliss.

I guess you are right. Tolerance breaks after I'm not feeling so sore anymore. There really is no other way. I don't want to take more because of the horror of running out early every month like I always do even when I swear this month will be the month I never run out again.

2 mg would be a ton!  I meant to put .2 mg

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DreamerOnTheRun

• DreamerOnTheRun is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
  • d8, GG249, M30, d4, A215, p|d
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 10:48:41 PM »
In my opinion (aside from FIRE dope I simply can't get here) there's nothing else with a rush remotely comparable to an IV Dilaudid rush.  The legs are nearly non-existent is my only problem with it, I suppose that's why they call it the crack of opiates.

Unless I'm flat broke, I do 8mg via IV every 12-hours to stay well and be able to sleep a bit.  8mg every 8-hours to be pain free all day.  And if I'm honest, 24mg in 1 shot to get a butt-clinching, orgasmic, blissful rush/high and catch a nod.

When money and access aren't an issue (which is not often for me, I'm like barley middle class I guess) my shit of choice is like 8mg Dilaudid + 60-90mg Oxycodone.  The rush from the Dilly and the legs, euphoria & nod from the Roxis is heaven to me.  I feel no pain instantly, pain free for at least half the day, and can nod or sleep in a flash if I just get comfy.

I know it's increasingly hard to get a Doc to write you multiple immediate-release formulated drugs but once I save up the asburd $500 needed for a 1st appointment I'm going to tell'em in the past that Dilaudid IR and Oxycodone CR has always worked the best (which is entirely true).

Apparently it's pretty rare for most opiate-enthusiasts to ever get a chance to taste Dillies at a significant dosage in one shot (since hospitals are pretty frugal or stingy even with it) so I guess I'm lucky.  Except in reality I'm not at all considering they're fucking $25-30 per 8mg pill and decent dope is like a fucking unicorn to a white boy in the "nicer" part of the Tampa Bay area.  Unless you have some Latino friends you're much shit out of luck.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:00:43 PM by DreamerOnTheRun »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Too strange to live, too rare to die.

Offline DreamerOnTheRun

• DreamerOnTheRun is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
  • d8, GG249, M30, d4, A215, p|d
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 10:57:57 PM »
Meant to post this first not last but anyway, hope you're feeling better and had a good recovery.  Im 30 now, had mine out when I was 8 years old and I still have my scar.  Apparently that's pretty young to have your appendix removed. Did they do it liposcopically(SP?)?  From what I remember that's how it's done now.  If they used that method when I had mine out in '94 they would have had to open me up eventually anyway, the surgeons were baffled because apparently your appendix is supposed to be on top/in front of [insert organ here] (not sure which) but when they opened me up they were like "what the fuck?) Apparently my appendix was BEHIND whatever organ it's supposed to be in front of.  Weird huh?  Welp, get well & stay well!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Too strange to live, too rare to die.

Offline Opi-ette (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 12:19:03 AM »
Thank you DreamerOnTheRun, I am looking forward to being officially healed and on my feet again. Doc said its a 6 week recovery and I'm only home a couple of days now.

And YES about dilaudid having zero legs. All rush, no staying power. But it felt soooo good. I could feel it go right to my belly then my arms and head. It was amazing. I love your unicorn analogy haha. I could feel some judgey eyes from some of the Dr's and nurses regarding my opiate usage and asking for so many pain shots. Some were very understanding and others I just wanted to kick in the tea bags  :P

Mine was laparoscopic but I have some other health issues and was in the middle of a "flare" so to speak when this all went down so it was pretty difficult. I've heard some people go home the same day after appendix removal (unless its a rupture) but I'm not the average bear when it comes to health related issues. 8 years old is so young for that surgery but like you said, they would have had to open you anyway due to it being behind whatever is supposed to be in front of.
Can I ask how the scarring is? Did most of it fade or is it really noticeable?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline OpiXPO

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • OpiXPO has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:January 23, 2024, 06:44:24 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 07:19:59 AM »
Get some of the gel vitamin E capsules and once you have access to the wound and the bandage is removed, break open the capsules and rub the gel on the scar. I find that helps with scarring pretty well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 12:24:49 AM »
Get some of the gel vitamin E capsules and once you have access to the wound and the bandage is removed, break open the capsules and rub the gel on the scar. I find that helps with scarring pretty well.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely do that. I remember my Mom used to use vit E caps on her face and she has really soft skin. I didn't know it helped with scarring though so well worth a try.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline LadyKalma

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • LadyKalma is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 09, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 01:57:04 AM »
Hope you recover easily from the surgery and don't have to be in too much pain. Did you tell the doctors you use opiates or did they just know because of the scripts you get? Like, they didn't think that you use recreationally or anything that would mess you up with your pain doctors right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 11:11:33 PM »
Thanks LadyKalma. As a matter of fact I am off to see my surgeon and have the bandages and whatever else is going on underneath removed today.

I did tell them (the hospital) what meds I take (don't know if they looked on a database to confirm or not) and also told my PM doc about the morphine and dilaudid. Not that he pee tested me but I just figured better safe than sorry. He trusts me though and saw the release paperwork etc.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dillydudeEL14

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • dillydudeEL14 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 28, 2022, 10:18:52 AM
  • HR Networking
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 12:01:31 AM »
Glad you got to try Dilaudid and liked it!! I fucking love dilaudid! There is really nothing like it, maybe opana comes kinda close but its not quite as good rush-wise imho. The rush is just amazing and if you do enough or your tolerance is low you will nod hard too.  I'd love to try it in the hospital, but i wonder if id be disappointed since i usually shoot at least an 8mg pill and the most i ever hear of them giving in the hospital is like 1 or 2 mg or the pump thing like you had.  I know you dont get it all from the pill, but I'd have to think youd get more mg  of dilaudid from a well prepped 8mg pill shot than you would from a hospital 2mg shot right?

Anyway sorry to kinda go off on that tangent.  Hope you recover from surgery well and everything is good!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 01:43:02 AM »
Hey @dillydudeEL14 , yes it was amazing. I don't foresee ever getting to try it again but glad I got to experience it for a few days  8)
I wasn't on a pump, that was wanderingmind.

I was on 0.5 every 4 hours. I had to keep reminding them with my trusty call button that 4 hours was up and it was time for my dose hehe

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions