dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: A Hug  (Read 14604 times)

Offline Jega (OP)

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
A Hug
« on: March 09, 2016, 10:22:55 PM »
Does anyone else just desperately want a hug sometimes? If you don't count nurses I haven't had a hug in legitimately years....and it wears on you...It really does.

does anyone else ever feel this way?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: A Hug
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 10:32:53 PM »
When I was in jail, and after I got out I had that feeling big time. It sucks to not be able to touch someone, especially since growing up me and my friends always hugged instead of shaking hands, it is such a weird feeling you just want to feel love, i remember the last 2 weeks I was in jail I had dreams about it sometimes. Hugs are therapeutic and when someone tells you they love you you don't get the same feeling as just a hug. Any time me and my brothers or friends had arguments growing up my parents made us hug it out its peaceful.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 10:38:55 PM »
That might be it. I've been in a mental prison for years and I finally broke.

Now we just see if I can pick up the pieces.

And no, I don't know if I can. I'm 28....I've been though a lot...too much...just too much death, too much illness, too much poverty, too much...just too much.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Specter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Specter is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2018, 04:46:58 AM
  • Harm Reduction & Safe Using
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 11:01:24 PM »
Personally I have never had that feeling-- just never been a big hug person though.

I will say though that when my wife and I started to lose that connection needed to stay happily married I had a hard time with something similar.  When my wife and I (were divorced now) were happy she literally wanted to text all day everyday.  There were times when I would actually get annoyed because she just had to text me all day at work-- but she just liked to flirt, talk about her day and ask me about mine.  She loved me and just loved it but when that stopped and she finally turned cold I actually started to miss it.  Not necessarily the actual texting part but the thought that someone actually loves you and is in love with you enough to communicate literally all day.

Feelings are feelings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 12:03:39 AM »
I completely understand; you're hurting badly.

no guarantees but I'm so sure that a guy like you, Jega, won't be overlooked forever so don't lose hope by isolating yourself.

one has to keep networking and circulating to catch whatever opportunities are out there.

it has to get better, just be the nice, smart guy that you present to us as.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 12:46:39 AM »
You probably don't want to hear this but you can get all the hugs you want, till you're actually tired of it, if you go to an AA meeting. Or even more so at an NA meeting. They ALWAYS hug at NA, whereas they usually will shake your hand when introduced in AA, but many people hug there too.

But I can totally relate with the jail thing. You just don't hug dudes in the joint! And the CO's are not huggable people, much less do they want to be hugged - it's against the rules anyway.

Well, there was this one cute little female CO at the prison where I did my time... I kind of had a crush on her. I could have used a hug from her.

I'd totally give you a hug if you were here right now. I understand where you're coming from. I really do.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 12:49:09 AM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Jega (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 01:33:29 AM »
Thank you chip and zoops. Really. And I am who I am. This isn't an act. You know I don't have a fake online persona because I can't act...tried in middle school...absolute disaster.

I'm just sad.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 01:46:06 AM »
I've come to a point in my life where all my friends moved away or have died and I don't see family very often. I've managed to almost completely isolate myself through my drug use - I'm a hermit, and I completely relate. The comfort of a physical hug is a good feeling.
It hurts to be lonely, especially to wake up dope sick by yourself. It's something I've been struggling with a lot lately. Usually I'm pretty blunted and it doesn't really bother me, but since Xmas and New Years it's been rough.

A few days ago I was in line at the grocery store, and an old woman next to me, without me saying anything to her, told me that everything was going to be alright. It simultaneously comforted and destroyed me. She saw right through my skin.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:47:39 AM by theSWPK »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 01:56:46 AM »
Human beings need some intraction and touch. IT's why solitary confinement might sound like a good deal but it drives people nuts.

I went along priod w/o a GF when I was chasing junk . Then an old GF started coming around and one day she unexpectedly reached ountouched my bare arm It was remarkable. I realized I hadn't ben touching other peolle for a coule of years and how much I was missing out on.

Hugs are nice and lthough breasts aren't really my "thing" gettting anice , strong hug from a girl with big pert breasts unexpectely after a group hang out had me walking home on a cloud.

We just need touch to stay fullly healthy. It's another reason to keep pets. You can get the touch ing w/o the complications.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline 10kites

• Reputation Power: 12
  • 10kites is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 25, 2021, 01:28:31 AM
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 02:40:22 AM »
I have'nt touched or been touched by a person in over 16 months. I actually counted how many words I spoke to another person last month, it was less then 100, mainly spoken to cashiers and pharmacy techs when I go to the store. Its really starting to get to me.

So yeah, a hug would be nice.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:42:01 AM by 10kites »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 04:01:44 AM »
You guys get it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Roman Totale

• Reputation Power: 22
  • Roman Totale is now quite familiar.Roman Totale is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:July 27, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
  • It's alright, the way that you live
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 08:54:13 AM »
Damn.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 10:02:45 AM »

You probably don't want to hear this but you can get all the hugs you want, till you're actually tired of it, if you go to an AA meeting. Or even more so at an NA meeting. They ALWAYS hug at NA, whereas they usually will shake your hand when introduced in AA, but many people hug there too.

Pretty much.  When I was going to NA frequently I found it weird at first, and then just more and more normal.  Eventually it spread out until I gave a guy at work a hug one day when I said bye at the end of a shift.  That pretty much put a damper on hugging, even though he was good about it.  He might have said something like I love you honey in French.

Well, there was this one cute little female CO at the prison where I did my time... I kind of had a crush on her. I could have used a hug from her.

Sure. A hug.  Ok 8)

Damn.

Yeah.  I was going to make a joking post about how I have to fight my kids off.  Literally peel them off me so they stop hugging me and let me get things done.  My girl is always very affectionate too.  Not in a constant I love you way, but more in a holding hands or resting a hand on the other's shoulder when we're near.  Standing close, and giving some mutual support in the face of The Shit.

I do get it though.  I could see how that would feel so absolutely isolating and saddening.  You have to remember that at heart we are primates, and primates are social creatures.  They touch each other, they groom each other, and they care for their troop.  I wish you guys had a bigger troop, or that the troop you have expressed itself a bit better.  If this wasn't an internet troop I would give you guys a big, long hug.

Psychology is pretty clear about what happens when we are deprived of affection.  I don't hesitate to say that it makes things worse.  It goes beyond simple hugs too.  This isn't about hugs, but look at the netherlands approach to lack of affection in disabled citizens (hint: government sex/affection workers): http://mic.com/articles/85201/the-surprising-way-the-netherlands-is-helping-its-disabled-have-sex#.UKW2iDDBv

A hug probably would make everything feel better.  I've certainly given out random hugs.  Maybe it's a cultural thing.  In quebec men and women don't usually shake hands, but instead greet and say goodbye with hugs and kissing cheeks.  I hug my friends, and it's not really that unusual.  Quebec male culture is pretty macho, but it's just not a big deal.  Maybe we need to be less shut down emotionally and physically and interact with each other the way we used to. I don't like a culture that is so sterilized that we don't touch each other any more.  It's nice to feel like the people around you are picking the fleas out of your fur.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Sand and Water

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »
@Jega wow, thanks for bringing up something soooo hard to speak... Yes, for me. Even tho sometimes it hurts like hell when im bunched up with spasms..YES 

I get that you feel ancient at 28, but you're so smart, always happy to share the huge knowledge you  have & I think you taking care of your dad speaks volumes about how big your heart is. You haven't even hit your full stride yet. I think it'll definitely happen. It's trite but true (imo), it'll happen when you're least expecting it & whoever you end up with will be the lucky one :)

@10kites-- wish it was in person (sorry not in perky way; nuthin wrong with it at all, but in my case, more of a mom one lol)... Sending you the worlds biggest cyber hug! Deadcat is so right--we *need* that connection.. it's why touch is so beneficial to preemies & babies, (but yeah, to the overdoing thang, I'm w/the "thanks but no thanks group lol).

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline Brown eyed Girl

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Brown eyed Girl is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 03, 2017, 11:58:18 PM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 01:10:40 PM »
So weird this is what I am reading today because I was thinking the same thing this morning on the way to work.  We do need to "touch" each other!! thanks
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal