dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Housemate split and left a dirty-ass room and BEDBUGS!  (Read 33249 times)

Offline Sand and Water

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Housemate split and left a dirty-ass room and BEDBUGS!
« Reply #44 from previous page: September 09, 2015, 05:08:54 AM »

The only member of my house that will ever eat crickets is my leopard gecko.  They are disgusting animals.  If they are even the littlest bit hungry they just eat each other, and they put out more crap than Donald Trump.

Ohmygawd Z!!  I'm torn between laughing (love your posts) & being miffed because crickets at night are one of my favorite sounds on the planet.  That noise is what I dream of come winter. I had no idea Jiminy Cricket was a cannibal   What a bummer :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2015, 02:45:10 PM »
A couple of things about eating insects;

Eating insects would be a far more healthy, kinder and ecologically sensible way for humans to get their protein.  The ratio of wasted plant based food and water and fossil fuels used to meat's to bring a hamburger is mind blowing. Like 660 galllons of water, burn over 10 calories of fossil fuel per single calorie of processed food, many magnitudes of climate changing emissions, 17 times the acerage of nutrition per acre, and on. If we want to keep the planet at all like it is now as a home, we will have to make some changes, real changes in the way we live.

The resitance to eating insects is learned. Many aboriginal cultures eat insects and larvae with delight. In New England we call lobster "bugs" becasue they are not to distant relatives of insects yet they are a modern 1st world delicacy.

How can you look into th eyes of a fellow mammal like a cow and not know there is somethig wrong about murdering it to create a hot dog? I don't  believe it is categorically wrong to eat dead mammals but I feel we would be far better off doing it with the reverence that was practiced by Native Americans, not the industrialized holocost of the Nazis. Think of them as your cats and dogs and then enjoy a dogburger.

Yeah I find it difficult to imagine chomping down on a mouthfull of crickets but cricket meal could be made palatable enough so that we wouldn't be immediately aware of it, just like we forget about the screams of a slaughterhouse when we eat red meat. In a generation or two the revulsion to eating insects coud be unlearned. Our grandchildren might look at our eating practices with horror and revulsion far worse than the disinclination we have to eating bugs.

And DAK, you were fortunate. Your bedbugs were contained to a trailer. That's a friendlier kill box/ battle ground than a 4 bedroom colonial or an apartment in a high rise full of apartments and transient neighbors. That's no slight to your efforts though.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:49:02 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2015, 12:02:27 AM »
I swear I made a post about this, not sure what happened to it.

Rumor is big spiders taste like crab. Not hard to imagine..

Cajuns call crawfish 'mudbugs' (right Hero? suckin' dey heads!) - it's true, all they are is big water bugs, and oh. so. tasty.

If you like shellfish, you pretty much eat bugs already.

Some people cringe at the thought of eating algae too, and I admit, it's not the most palatable stuff, but it is FULL of protein and minerals. Similar to seaweed (some of which is damned tasty).

I'll take mudbugs and seaweed over a fucking Big Mac ANYDAY.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2015, 12:07:42 AM »
^^^ word. Love me some water bugs for dinner, especially cooked up with some spicy cream-based sauce.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • <s>Riddick</s> is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 23, 2015, 10:59:01 PM
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2015, 01:04:39 AM »
A couple of things about eating insects;

Eating insects would be a far more healthy, kinder and ecologically sensible way for humans to get their protein.  The ratio of wasted plant based food and water and fossil fuels used to meat's to bring a hamburger is mind blowing. Like 660 galllons of water, burn over 10 calories of fossil fuel per single calorie of processed food, many magnitudes of climate changing emissions, 17 times the acerage of nutrition per acre, and on. If we want to keep the planet at all like it is now as a home, we will have to make some changes, real changes in the way we live.

The resitance to eating insects is learned. Many aboriginal cultures eat insects and larvae with delight. In New England we call lobster "bugs" becasue they are not to distant relatives of insects yet they are a modern 1st world delicacy.

How can you look into th eyes of a fellow mammal like a cow and not know there is somethig wrong about murdering it to create a hot dog? I don't  believe it is categorically wrong to eat dead mammals but I feel we would be far better off doing it with the reverence that was practiced by Native Americans, not the industrialized holocost of the Nazis. Think of them as your cats and dogs and then enjoy a dogburger.

Yeah I find it difficult to imagine chomping down on a mouthfull of crickets but cricket meal could be made palatable enough so that we wouldn't be immediately aware of it, just like we forget about the screams of a slaughterhouse when we eat red meat. In a generation or two the revulsion to eating insects coud be unlearned. Our grandchildren might look at our eating practices with horror and revulsion far worse than the disinclination we have to eating bugs.

And DAK, you were fortunate. Your bedbugs were contained to a trailer. That's a friendlier kill box/ battle ground than a 4 bedroom colonial or an apartment in a high rise full of apartments and transient neighbors. That's no slight to your efforts though.
You can have this planet. I got a plan to save up enough for that ticket to mars. Then we can just jump planets and not worry about being eco friendly. Throwing litter out the window without feeling bad about it seems awesome.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 01:07:47 AM by Riddick »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2015, 01:30:47 AM »

You can have this planet. I got a plan to save up enough for that ticket to mars. Then we can just jump planets and not worry about being eco friendly. Throwing litter out the window without feeling bad about it seems awesome.

What makes you think Martians are down for cleaning up your trash?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2015, 01:51:02 AM »

Its just gonna float out in space. Plus theres multi-verses. With so much space and so many problems, we can just erase the subject of littering as a dispute.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2015, 01:58:46 AM »

Its just gonna float out in space. Plus theres multi-verses. With so much space and so many problems, we can just erase the subject of littering as a dispute.

Floating around in space is better than laying on the ground? I think it would make it WORSE to have garbage floating around in the air.

Your logic sounds very Republican (ie, fuck everyone but me). Good luck with that..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2015, 02:18:05 AM »

Floating around in space is better than laying on the ground? I think it would make it WORSE to have garbage floating around in the air.

Your logic sounds very Republican (ie, fuck everyone but me). Good luck with that..
I thought my point was that theres so much space garbage and littering could become a non-existent problem. For everyone. And Im not saying I would make this law if I was president of Mars. I just like astronomy and thinking about all the possibility's and challenges that come with exploring outside our planet. Look at all the garbage we have piled up here. Its nasty. I think with enough space around in which humanity will never come close to exploring, why not get rid of it to where its just microns in the universe instead of have it piling up on your planet. But maybe we will get to a point where we can recycle or reuse just about everything and this wont matter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2015, 02:35:08 AM »

I thought my point was that theres so much space garbage and littering could become a non-existent problem. For everyone. And Im not saying I would make this law if I was president of Mars. I just like astronomy and thinking about all the possibility's and challenges that come with exploring outside our planet. Look at all the garbage we have piled up here. Its nasty. I think with enough space around in which humanity will never come close to exploring, why not get rid of it to where its just microns in the universe instead of have it piling up on your planet. But maybe we will get to a point where we can recycle or reuse just about everything and this wont matter.

Lol. Any "trash" we would toss into space must first be manufactured on Earth, then shot into space. It ain't like there are Wendy's drive-though's on Mars or laong the way, either.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 02:36:59 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2015, 02:40:13 AM »

Lol. Any "trash" we would toss into space must first be manufactured on Earth, then shot into space. It ain't like there are Wendy's drive-though's on Mars or laong the way, either.
Yea but once we colonize Mars there will be trash. And there will be a Rallys not a Wendy's on the way there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2015, 02:51:48 AM »

Yea but once we colonize Mars there will be trash. And there will be a Rallys not a Wendy's on the way there.

Bro the next time I shift into warp-drive and my plasma jets get clogged up with some Wendy's bullshit, I'm coming after YOU.

Burn it or eat it for dessert or something, other beings shouldn't be left responsible for your refuse. They call this "personal responsibility" - tough concept, I know..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2015, 02:59:29 AM »

Bro the next time I shift into warp-drive and my plasma jets get clogged up with some Wendy's bullshit, I'm coming after YOU.

Burn it or eat it for dessert or something, other beings shouldn't be left responsible for your refuse. They call this "personal responsibility" - tough concept, I know..
Lmaao. Nice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops (OP)

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2015, 05:12:49 AM »
Or the next time my vehicle runs into a 0.5g piece of debris at 20km/sec.
 :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2015, 05:42:00 AM »
Or the next time my vehicle runs into a 0.5g piece of debris at 20km/sec.
 :o
Yea that shit is crazy. Everything about space and its studies blows my mind. Some now theorize the black hole may have made the universe. The question of what would happen if you could build something strong enough to withstand a black holes gravity and make it through to the other side messes with my mind on a daily basis almost. I mean literally space and the fabric of time start to warp. I just want fucking answers!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal