dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: WARNING for OHIO: Medical examiner warns of lethal fake Oxycodone  (Read 22047 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
to watch videos then go to this source: http://fox8.com/2016/02/12/officials-to-release-heroin-fentanyl-statistics-from-2015/

Medical examiner warns of ‘horrifying trick’ that’s killing more unsuspecting drug users in NE Ohio

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner Thomas Gilson says that while the number of heroin overdose deaths was down in 2015, there's a new "dangerous development" in NE Ohio's illegal drug arena.

Gilson said that the number of heroin overdose deaths in 2015 went down by seven percent from 2014. This represents the first decline in heroin fatalities since 2006, he said.

But at the same time, the number of fentanyl-related deaths tripled from 37 to 89 from 2014 to 2015. Fentanyl is a much, much more potent drug, he said.

But alarmingly, said Gilson, January was a "particularly disturbing months for us." It was the first month that the number of fentanyl deaths was about equal to the number of heroin deaths. There were 19 fentanyl deaths and 21 heroin deaths, he said.

"That's roughly one person a day dying (from the overdoses)," he said. "We've not seen that before."

And Gilson said that in a new trend, fentanyl is being sold in a form that is a "look-alike" for oxycodone. Gilson said officials hadn't seen fentanyl in pill form before this past January.

"These two drugs are both narcotics, they are both abused by the same population, but fentanyl is a far more lethal drug. Buying medications off the street is a dangerous practice at any time but now more than ever, an individual buying oxycodone to abuse really may be buying something far more than they ever expected."

He called it a "horrifying trick to play on anybody to sell this drug as something far less lethal, because it will wind up esp if you take a dose comparable...ending your life."

Gilson said he's wondering if the spike in January is due to these fake pills.

But Gilson also added that Naloxone, which is an antidote for both fentanyl and heroin, was responsible for saving 166 people in 2015.

"The problem is getting worse but our ability to address it is improving," he said.

Authorities previously said that heroin overdoses are killing more young people in Ohio than car crashes. The heroin scourge has prosecutors intensifying efforts to identify, charge and imprison people who provide the drug.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:07:28 PM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
Re: WARNING for OHIO: Medical examiner warns of lethal fake Oxycodone
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 11:03:46 AM »
I hope this trickles down to SW Ohio, if it's not already here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 11:58:58 AM »
I hope this trickles down to SW Ohio, if it's not already here.

Lol... somehow, I want to try all this illicit fentanyl too... particularly some analogues... maybe alpha-methyl-fentanyl?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Specter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Specter is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2018, 04:46:58 AM
  • Harm Reduction & Safe Using
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 12:50:13 PM »
I got one of these in a group of 15 that I bought from a guy I deal with out of Akron.  I got 14 A215s and 1 MBox and at the time I was about 60 days clean with a day of poppy seed use.  I took 5 of the As and really didn't get where I wanted to be so I snorted one more A and the only M together.  I'm pretty good about looking at the pills and I swear that M was a little off-- the logo was not the same as usual and it seemed slightly smaller than they usually are...

An hour later I'm taking a quick shower and I'm fucking nodding out of my skull.  I asked my guy and he said he got them from the same place he always does and of course I'm like hey can you more Ms and he's like Jesus motherfucker I thought you liked the As better.

Always a struggle lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline whiteheat

• Reputation Power: 8
  • whiteheat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 07, 2019, 07:06:35 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 08:20:08 PM »
Haven't seen around cincy
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 01:38:05 AM »
I got one of these in a group of 15 that I bought from a guy I deal with out of Akron.  I got 14 A215s and 1 MBox and at the time I was about 60 days clean with a day of poppy seed use.  I took 5 of the As and really didn't get where I wanted to be so I snorted one more A and the only M together.  I'm pretty good about looking at the pills and I swear that M was a little off-- the logo was not the same as usual and it seemed slightly smaller than they usually are...

An hour later I'm taking a quick shower and I'm fucking nodding out of my skull.  I asked my guy and he said he got them from the same place he always does and of course I'm like hey can you more Ms and he's like Jesus motherfucker I thought you liked the As better.

Always a struggle lol

The way you wrote that, it doesn't sound like you're sure it was one of these fent pills... are you?

There was a picture of some on another thread... they seemed to break down to powder like normal (unlike an OP) and the powder was all a dark green... same color as the coating. I mean I guess there could be different versions getting pressed but I seriously doubt they are going to act like OPs.

I know the coppers are saying so but I wonder if these are really being sold to people under the guise of oxy. Well I bet the first time they are... to get people to try them... but after doing it, wouldn't you know? Do the low to mid level dealers know?

Edit: Oh wait, A215s are 30 mg roxys... I believe in the other thread they said they were being sold as 80 mg OPs. Doesn't mean they couldn't be doing both I guess...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:40:46 AM by Guts »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 02:34:05 AM »
Yeah the other time I saw something about this, it was a pill that was green all the way through, unlike real oxys, which have a thin colored coating, and are white inside. So, if you get a pill that's colored all the way through, it's fake for sure.  Because they don't make oxys like that.

But damn if I wouldn't sure be happy if I knew I had like 1mg of fentanyl in a pill instead of 80mg of oxycodone. Of course, I'd have to know about it to use it properly, because that's just crazy, doing a whole milligram of fent in one shot, even for an experienced addict with a habit that's a pretty big dose. Opiate-naïve is going to be a goner if they do that. I'd guess that I could handle maybe 0.25mg of fent in one shot. And probably still nod like shit afterwards, maybe puke too.

Does/can fent cause a lot of nausea? I've only done a patch once, and injected sufentanil a handful of times, 50mics each time, and that did me right. It was just about a perfect dose (but that was sufentanil). It felt perfect. No nausea, just straight, golden euphoria.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 02:38:56 AM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline robojunkie

• Mad Chemist
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • robojunkie is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2019, 07:02:32 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 02:41:25 AM »
It seems like while there has always been (at least since I've been in the game so to speak) that there has always been these little "outbreaks" of fentanyl spiked heroin and to a way lesser degree the occasional fake oxy-whatever that is really all fentanyl with the concomitant rise in OD's almost certainly due to the higher ups/pill pressers either not knowing how do do basic fucking math or worse yet figuring a few dead junkies is good advertising so long as they don't kill too many, but lately this is an almost daily occurrence in the news (and while hyped it is statistically true in that the fatal OD level is significantly increasing and most of it is heroin/fentanyl or straight fentanyl related) over the last two years or so.  In my state the fatal OD level has risen like 75% over the last two years and statistically the majority of it is related to either fentanyl and cut sold as dope or dope spiked with fentanyl, which by the way, leads the country in the increase in death rate increase (that I doubt is proportional to increase in number of users).  As in it is getting to the point where fentanyl spiked whatever is no longer the exception but almost the expectation at this point.  I doubt the lower level dealers (and sadly the ones who get hit with the manslaughter/2nd degree murder chargers when one of their customers dies) even know (at first at least) that they are selling fentanyl.

My point is that from the perspective of harm reduction and just basic economics as well that with fentanyl being so prevalent now that in this area one pretty much expects their dope to be either just cut fentanyl or dope laced with fentanyl that one would think from the economic sense it would be better for all involved to "change the game" and just sell the shit as is in solution and call it what it is.  The sad irony is that fentanyl itself has a much higher "therapeutic index" (the ratio of LD50 to ED50, or ratio of lethal dose in half those who try it and effective dose in half those who try it) than heroin or oxycodone or nearly every other opioid around.  If it were just sold as is in a standardized form (I mean how often does one hear about patch OD's or lollipop OD's?  I mean they do happen, but they seem pretty fucking rare) I have no doubt the death rate would significantly drop and the "all about the money D boy types" would still make their "stacks" without causing so many deaths.  As a former fentanyl chemist (not for profit, for personal and small circle of friends' use) I have always hated these assholes that callously make fake shit with the fentanyl and cause so many deaths, and ironically end up giving what, all in all, is actually a safer drug such a bad name.  If I want to buy heroin, I should get fucking heroin.  If I want oxycodone, I should get fucking oxycodone.  And, if I want fentanyl, I should get fentanyl, either as is, or in a solution or whatever pharmaceutical form, but not these fucking counterfeit buy one thing get another bullshit games where a few people die, a lesser few make a lot of money, an even lesser few wind up in prison and very many wind up looking for what killed the first group. 

So why the fuck not just cut the bullshit (higher up dealers/manufacturers/pill pressers) and just sell it as is (in a liquid diluted form)?  Yeah, sure, at first it would be weird, people would be like WTF is this, but one free shot and there would be no more WTF is this, there would be where the fuck can I get more?  And it would be much safer and standardized.  And yes, it is a rhetorical question, I know why, there is money to be made, and the nature of prohibition and the war on drugs makes it so that deaths equal advertising equals money and there is no incentive other than the ethical one, at least in the minds of higher ups, to do this, and most aren't concerned with ethical ones, and why bother trying to remarket something as what it actually is, rather than sell it under a well entrenched and sought after name, be it heroin or something else?  This is, of course, despite the fact that many junkies purposefully seek the OD causing dope/pills knowing its fentanyl, but hey just because its obvious to me or others sure as fuck doesn't make it obvious to these people.

The real reason it ease of sales, short sightedness on knowing dealers side, propaganda purposes on the drug warriors' side and prison, rehab and above all else money on everyone but the junkies' side.  One more victory for the forces of darkness in the black market (pun not intended).  And this is to say nothing of the government response with new proposed laws and the like.  Instead of this or that penalty for selling a fatal dose, what about a penalty for selling fake shit?  Sell this or that as what it is, with customer knowledge and well, everyone knows.  But sell dude A when he's expecting B and he dies, well that's a fucking problem whether its dope or peanuts.  But again sadly, all a consequence of prohibition and the black market, just as the initial rise of heroin and IV usage 80-90 years ago as the prevalent means of administering opiates. 

When will the world learn?  In my lifetime?  My children's lifetime maybe?  I sure as fuck hope by my grandchildren's lifetime (I'm assuming, I don't have any yet...)?  No prohibition to my knowledge has ever lasted much more than a century, be it alcohol, coca leaves in SA, even coffee and tobacco in Renaissance Europe (yet it happened in many countries), and neither will this one.  It will be the last to go, first of course will be cannabis, it almost already has, and the momentum behind it ensures it will within 10 years, next psychedelics and phenethylamines, who the fuck knows about stimulants, they could be next or last, but the first to be heavily and ubiquitously banned will be the last to finally be relegitimized and removed from the black market and put back on the pharmacy shelves, our good friends and ever present molecular buddies, the opioids.  Someday people won't have their lives ruined, nearly ruined, or taken away because of arcane and ignorant laws.  That day can't come soon enough.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I see from quarks to quasars...

Offline robojunkie

• Mad Chemist
  • SA_Chat+
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 02:48:33 AM »
<clip> ...Opiate-naïve is going to be a goner if they do that. I'd guess that I could handle maybe 0.25mg of fent in one shot. And probably still nod like shit afterwards, maybe puke too.

Does/can fent cause a lot of nausea? I've only done a patch once, and injected sufentanil a handful of times, 50mics each time, and that did me right. It was just about a perfect dose (but that was sufentanil). It felt perfect. No nausea, just straight, golden euphoria.

For me Zoops, there was never really any of the morphine/heroin type nausea, in fact very little if any nausea, even the rare times I did it with little to no tolerance.  For me it was always the preferred opioid, with the one exception of the rapidity of tolerance development.  That was always a bitch, but gladly traded for the non-detrimental effect on my libido (only opioid I can say this for, methadone wipes it out, and the classics really dull it down to little more than like "#3" or something), the general energizing effect that only oxycodone/morphone can compare with, and (when done in known diluted PURE form) safety margin in dosing.  Long story short though, pretty much no nausea, and to the best of my recollection, never any actual vomiting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Our Community Board
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 03:07:57 AM »
Zoops: 1 mg of fent should equal about 100 mgs of morphine... unless it's an analogue. That's really not too much more than 80 mgs of oxycodone.

RoboJunkie: Have you ever made or tried any fentanyl analogues? It seems worth it to do a couple extra steps to get 1000x the potency but then again I know nothing about chemistry.

I'm curious if these fentanyl analogues have a different high than regular fentanyl... or are they just metabolized into fentanyl anyways and just have different half lifes and/or potencies?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline robojunkie

• Mad Chemist
  • SA_Chat+
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 03:26:10 AM »
Zoops: 1 mg of fent should equal about 100 mgs of morphine... unless it's an analogue. That's really not too much more than 80 mgs of oxycodone.

RoboJunkie: Have you ever made or tried any fentanyl analogues? It seems worth it to do a couple extra steps to get 1000x the potency but then again I know nothing about chemistry.

I'm curious if these fentanyl analogues have a different high than regular fentanyl... or are they just metabolized into fentanyl anyways and just have different half lifes and/or potencies?

I've made 3-methylfentanyl (as a mixture of stereoisomers, overall mixture about 4x regular fentanyl) and the only noticeable difference was the half life, which seemed to be at least twice that of regular fentanyl.  In the midst of one of the darkest periods of my life I tried to make what I lovingly called "ammofentanyl" (Chemically it would have been Alpha Methyl Ohmefentanyl, mixture of strongest and weakest enantiomers, there being 16 at this point with all the chiral centers, four of them) but due to epic sickness, the midst of first major life trauma and impending but never occurring "kidnapping" by the government and finally lack of lab space and less experience at the time and I fucked up one of the last steps and failed on it.  I predict it would have been ohmefentanyl in strength (IDK, some 1,500x morphine) with longer half life, but never happened.  I tried making carfentanil once, but got distracted, and had too much regular work to do ATM and never go back to it, esp considering I was using a known prep and the results weren't coming back "cake recipe" style and didn't have time to investigate where the problem was on hydrolyzing the nitrile group (the one that becomes the 4-methoxycarbonyl group that is the only difference between it and regular fentanyl).  In my head there exists a number of procedures for different analogues some more feasible than others, some of them virtual certainties, some new compounds in and of themselves, but most were for personal experimentation and not something I'd ever let loose out into the world.  There has to be some responsibility with some of these compounds, some of them are just so strong they may as well be chemical weapons and in the hands of dealers that can't cut regular fentanyl without killing a shitload of people they would become a plague on all of junkie-dom.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 04:24:37 AM »
^^^ i'll bet that you're also handy in the kitchen ;) ::)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 08:10:34 AM »
Can't you just slap a thien-2-ylethyl group on Fent instead of phenylethyl and get a more potent analog? IDK what that would be called, but that and another difference at the 4-position is in Sufentanil. Maybe that material would be harder to get and more expensive than phenylethylamine though. Seems like you could just plug it in in equimolar amounts and the reaction would run the same, right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 08:21:24 AM »
For it to be a crime to sell mislabeled illegal narcotics, that would tend to lean in the direction of legitimizing that trade, so I doubt it would ever happen under the current regime of laws we have. But yea, RJ, why not just sell fent as fent. They'd be lining up on the block to buy that shit - after a free tester. Aw, fuck dat herron mess, gimme dat fentanol. DAT FENTANOL DA MUH-FUCKIN BOMB, SON! GAWD DAMN! Then it would be "this fentanyl epidemic is taking over our kids' lives and destroying families."

Always gotta have a drug boogie man to be scared of. And most square types are scared to DEATH of drugs with names they can hardly pronounce!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:27:49 AM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 08:25:46 AM »
And how bout remifentanil with its 4 minute half life? That would be sort of ideal for those vape pens.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions