dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Methamphetamine and the kidneys  (Read 13421 times)

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
Re: Methamphetamine and the kidneys
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 18, 2016, 05:12:35 PM »
Back when I would have extended tweekend runs that would go from Friday to Tuesday or sometimes longer. I would use either lisdextroamphetamine or meth, and my  kidneys would hurt afterwards.
Could have been from zero food and dehydration but I've always done very well on staying hydrated when using stims.

Also, I have 2 healthy kidneys, and most likely would do fine with just one. But I know, the second I take up an offer to sell a kidney for $20,000 that, just to fuck with me, the remaining one would fail.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:14:40 PM by theSWPK »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 12:53:05 PM »
I found some more on this at narconon.org:

The increased heart rate and constriction of blood vessels common with stimulant abuse can also cut off the flow of blood to the kidneys, again, resulting in failure.

Hyperthermia, or increased body temperature, is a common result of stimulant abuse. Hyperthermia can reach dangerous—even fatal—levels. If a person also becomes dehydrated, the kidneys will be highly stressed, may break down completely and death can result.

... and I found this (elsewhere) too:

Meth can also damage the kidneys. The body uses the kidneys to filter waste products from the body. When the meth is filtered through the kidneys, it causes blood vessels in the kidneys to constrict. This leads to a decrease in urine production and allows toxins to be reabsorbed into the body.

im not saying theres any reason to doubt the validity of that information, but I'd avoid using narconon as a source of any information. They are the rehab run by scientologists that detox you by overdosing you on niacin and putting you in a sauna for a week, then have you yell at ashtrays. i wouldn't trust anything that comes from them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 02:00:02 AM »
Speaking of reabsorbed toxins, when I don't shit for a week does my body absorb toxins from the poo that just sits in my colon until it's a rock hard mass the size of a 16 oz can of Dr. Pepper?
Jeezus @smalls my ass hurts just reading that. 😂
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline Dog Food

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dog Food is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
  • Our Community
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 07:26:40 PM »
Heh, speaking of narconon, i was in a regular inpatient rehab a few years ago and one of my roommates there told me about his experience at one of those rehabs. He said he had down to Georgia from Pennsylvania and went to one.  The first counselor he was talking to asked if he needed a cigarette, so dude lights one up, and takes a couple drags. The counselor a asked to hold it, and made him watch it burn down to the filter, while telling him that he doesn't need it. It's all in his head.

Then i was told they made him take off his shirt and pants and started rubbing leaves all over him to 'cure' him. Said when they started doing that he said fuck this, and had to demand his property back so he could leave. He tried calling his parents to send money for a plane ticket, but they were hip, used to get high themselves and thought he was just trying to run back home to get high.  Ended up spending a few days homeless till they finally bought him a ticket.

Id freak out if i went to rehab, and they didn't do any comfort meds or anything. Tried telling him it's all in his head, which opiate addiction is definitely a physical addiction.  The way he said it in person  with the leaves was fuckin hilarious though
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions