dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Hallucinations  (Read 16680 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Hallucinations
« on: December 17, 2015, 02:10:46 PM »
Yesterday I was having very vivid hallucinations. I would be talking to someone and I would look away and when I looked back they were gone and I would stop talking out loud and wonder what just happened. I accidentally took my take home meds for today yesterday. I don't remember doing it, I just remember I woke up at 10 last night thinking it was morning and started looking it for it and couldn't find it. I found the empty bottle when I keep it.

I was seeing things that weren't there, talking out loud to people who weren't there. I fell asleep twice yesterday and woke up thinking it was today.  I am going through an immense amount of stress. This has never happened before though. I would realize that it was a hallucination after I would look back and see who I was talking out loud to was gone. I was seeing a bunch of different things as well, and had no concept of time. I would constantly forget what I was doing.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to you? I am wondering if it is because I am so stressed out, or maybe I am becoming schizophrenic. I was thinking it could be happening because I took both doses yesterday, but I don't even remember taking the second one. I was looking everywhere for it and found the bottle with todays date on it where I keep all my empty bottles.

I can't talk to my MMT counselor about it because he will take away all my take homes and I can't get them back. I would have to tell him everything besides taking the extra dose. I don't have any idea what is going on. Yesterday seemed like one big scary lucid dream that was extremely vivid. It was happening constantly and the person I was talking to would be gone and I would be talking out loud to myself.

It hasn't happened yet today but I have only been awake for less than an hour. It reminds me of an extremely vivid nightmare that I had the first time I took the blood pressure medicine bystolic last year. In the dream I couldn't speak my thoughts and had no control over what I was saying and everyone I tried to explain it to thought I was crazy and took me to a mental hospital. The whole dream felt so real and scary. I couldn't explain what I was happening and was forced to goto a mental institution.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
Re: Hallucinations
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »
What other meds are you on aside from methadone?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 03:12:51 PM »
I took some flexeril the night before yesterday and lots of nicotine. I will take aleve sometimes and 100mg of caffeine sometimes at work but don't think I have taken them in the last week.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 03:54:22 PM »
If this happens again, you should really talk to a doc. IMO your meds aren't likely to cause something like this but I'm no doctor. Sometimes people have strange allergies, but I'd guess it's probably rare for an allergy to cause hallucinations.

Keep us posted..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 05:14:06 PM »
Did you toy around with Hallucinagenics as a youth???

I've done a lot of Magic Mushrooms, Acid (Black Pyramids/Gel Tabs/Liquid L) Ecstasy/DMT etc.

And I've had a few "flashbacks" that took me places for a moment or two... I see shit like right angles (like the corner of a doorway) seem like they're flapping in the wind. Kinda like a flag in the wind would.

But never have I been on an ALL DAY LONG TRIP OUT...

Heavy use of Amphetamines and the like can cause psychosis... You use them a lot/or ever have you?

Otherwise, I'd be majorly concerned if I was you.

Shit ain't normal dude.

But it sounds kinda fun.... Kinda.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 05:19:16 PM »
I am hoping it was a one time thing. I have taken everything before a lot but have never had that happen. It was really weird I would be talking to someone and then I would look over and see they were gone and realize I was talking to myself out loud. It was kind of like a vivid lucid dream.

It may have been the done, I haven't double dosed sense I got arrested in march and I just went up on my dose. So maybe it was from double dosing and having the flexeril in my system, and lack of sleep. I can't remember a lot of what happened yesterday, It is all a little foggy, but I remember a lot of the hallucinations.

I can't believe I took my take home for today yesterday. I woke up at like 9pm last night thinking it was today and went to take my dose and it wasn't were I kept it. I spent a good 30 minutes to find it before I realized. I don't remember taking it at all, and if I did I probably woke up thought it was today and then took it and went back to sleep before waking up at 9 last night and realizing it was gone.

It was a crazy feeling knowing I had just been talking to something I had hallucinated. I remember a few of them, I was also seeing things that weren't there besides people. I would be looking at someone talking to them and I would turn my head or blink and they would be gone. I just hope this isn't some type of schizophrenia or anything like that.

My guess is it was a mix of everything, double dosing, I could of done that with the flexeril too, lack of sleep, a TON of stress, mixed in with my crazy brain. It definitely was scary. I don't want to be the kind of person who develops schizophrenia or something like the guy from a beautiful mind.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 05:27:19 PM »
I have only done mushrooms once and extasy a few times about 6-7 years ago. I have only done coke a few times and adderal a few times a few years ago. I was tripping the whole day, it seemed like I was tripping on the way to the clinic that morning. I remember when I was driving twice I saw something that wasn't there, once when I was trying to turn and just something out of the corner of my eye.

If it continues I will have to figure out what happened, I felt strange all day yesterday like how you feel the morning if you havent slept all day. My mind was really foggy, and slow, and the hallucinations I had a lot of them were a lot like lucid dreams, they would come out of no where and all of sudden I would pop back in to reality and realize I am at a completely different place alone and talking out loud to myself.

I knew it wasn't real when i would pop back to reality but I have no idea how long I was in another world all by myself. It is kind of like how they explain dreams on the movie inception where you don't realize how you got there and outside things can trigger it and manifest itself into something else.

The amount of stress I am going through is extreme  right now I am starting to wonder if that was my brains way of telling me to stop worrying so much. I don't know it was scary and very real.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 05:33:48 PM »
You're on a pretty high dose, right?

Did you feel loaded? Like itchy, noddy, euphoric?

If you felt loaded, maybe the flexeril potentiated the double dose, especially if it's a really high dose but you're stable on it - sometimes if I'm really high I'll have these like half-awake dreams and blurt out random shit, but I FEEL loaded when I'm like that, it's never a mystery to me about what causes it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 05:39:02 PM »
Thats crazy... I'd be worried also.

Does any mental illness run in the family?

I also remember when I was on a PCA after my first surgery... I was getting oral meds every 4 hours (percocet and ativan) and Dilaudid every 15 mins at .6 mg a push.

After a few days of push push pushing. I started doing that thing you're talking about. Talking to people who weren't there. It was a VERY frequent event.

And I was in for over a month. So, I'm thinking that maybe you were really fucking high from double dosing, I guess. Plus lack of restful sleep and stress.

But still.... Damn.

I'd wanna see a doc personally, if it happened  again.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 05:48:24 PM »
the only free hallucinations I experienced were visual migraines (no headache).

whilst probably not the reason for yours, I just wanted to let you know that you're not going mad and strange things indeed do happen and they are medically accountable.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »
No hallucinations today so thats good, but for some reason I have had extreme cotton mouth(dry mouth). I drink a lot of water, thats all I drink. I probably drink a gallon a day but these past few days I have probably drank 2 gallons a day. Drinking more water doesn't really help. All it does is makes so I can talk and keep my tongue from sticking to the roof of my mouth for a few seconds but within a minute or 2 and the whole inside of my mouth feels like hard sand again.

I think having dry mouth might be attributed to my diet and don't think right now they are related but they could be. I have been eating pretty much nothing but candy for 3 weeks in a row. The closest I have come to real food is pizza and pasta. It is horrible it feels like I just ran 12 miles through the sahara desert without water. Nothing changes it if I eat fruit the best I have done is 5 minutes before it gets to the state where it feels like dried up dog shit.

Anyone know what the dry mouth could be from or ways to fix it? I am beginning to think that my hypochondriac diagnosis that I gave myself of having parkinsons disease is getting worse. I am having trouble walking now especially stairs because my legs shake so much when I try to hold them somewhere. Like when I am writing or trying to hold my hand in a stable position I'll either lose control of it in a big twitch and drop it or continue writing like a 5 year old writing with his off hand.

My whole body is like that and when I try to hold something in one shape or position it freaks out and does its own thing. I have been getting much more extreme body tremors I have like 10 a day where my whole body twitches really hard. I figured that everybody gets those every now and then like I did and now they happen all the time especially if I'm laying down.

I always drop things and my hands are noticeably shaky always, eating food with a spoon like cereal is near impossible it is like a mean ass joke from god. Google made an instrument that helps people with parkinsons or other diseases that cause extreme shaking. It is a spoon that when you are holding it, it senses how much you are shaking to hold the spoon still. I definitely need one
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 04:10:32 AM »
medications, coffee, cigarettes and alcohol etc. all cause a dry mouth.

my best remedy for dry mouth is ... yep, good old low-tech WATER !

regarding your tremor, i urge you to see a doctor.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:12:15 AM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »
Yeah I have been drinking a lot of water, the dry mouth seems to be getting better i only get it if I haven't had a drink in over 30 minutes. I have had shakes and tremors all my life they just have gotten worse over the past few years. When I first started taking opiates in made them better but now it seems worse than ever. It is noticeable now, I may ask my doctor next time I see him and see if there is anything I can do for it.

No hallucinations all day yesterday which is good, hopefully that never happens again because it was making feel crazy. My dose is at 90 now. I went up from 60 2 weeks ago so by taking that extra dose on Tuesday it was like taking 3 doses compared to my dose 2 weeks ago. I went up because I was having a lot more cravings and my neck started hurting again I have no cartilage between my c5-c7 so its like bone on bone when I turn my head and it feels like I got whacked with a baseball bat on the right side of my neck.

Thanks for all the support I really appreciate it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 11:47:03 AM »
I have had mild hallucinations on massive doses of methadone.  It's not the sort of vivid visual tripping out we think of as hallucinations.  It's usually more confusion about things.  Often I will do something strange, but for me it seems very clear and logical.  Taking something somewhere for example.  My wife will ask me what I'm doing, and I try to explain it.  As I say it I realize it is nonsense.  When I'm in the middle of doing it on the other hand it feels totally ratioal, and often I have conversations with hallucinated figures that explain why and what.

It's hard to explain.  It is pretty low level really.  I don't know how to adequately explain it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 03:07:40 PM »
As for advice on how to squash that dry mouth......

There is this Mouthwash you can get OTC called 'BioTene' or 'BioTine' (sp?) Bio-teen is the pronunciation.

Works great. I used it while I was on speed a lot. Dry mouth causes tooth decay or speeds up the process for sure.

I'd recommend it to anyone with a dry mouth hole.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal