dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: An armed gunman raided my methadone clinic today and took hostages.  (Read 7002 times)

Offline tmitchell2818 (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • tmitchell2818 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 13, 2016, 01:56:12 PM
  • HR Networking
Sorry if this is a few paragraphs long. I just wanted to be clear. It's really pretty short actually.

Today, in Shreveport Louisiana, a man with an assault rifle stormed into the building right at 5 this morning, as soon as they opened. He took a few hostages to the back of the building and demanded he get all the methadone he wanted.

Apparently, this man was a former patient at the clinic who was kicked off for failing drug tests too many times with positive benzos results. If you fail twice at my clinic for that you get your dose reduced by 10 mg a day until you are at 0 then you are banned from the clinic indefinitly , as well as clinics like it.

He was trying to "commit suicide" by downing all the methadone he could get his hands on.
Pretty stuipd , right?

I was in the building early this morning to get a docket of information for insurance purposes that I had dropped off at the clinic earlier this week. I'm trying to get reimbursed for the time I was at the clinic ( which was about 10 months now ) and with my new insurance they will do just they for the times I wasn't on insurance.
Today I went early this morning to go get my information and to mail it before the mail ran at my house because I really need the money, and sure enough right after I walk inside this big man wielding an "assault rifle" came barreling in . He let most of us go but took some of us to the back until he got his methadone then he let us go.
The swat team sat around on their asses for a few hours before sending in an armed robot which they sent into the room he was in and fired off a few flash bangs and by this time he was almost passed out. He was easy pickins at this point.

Scary shit, yall. Scary shit.

Here's a link.  http://www.ktbs.com/story/33046601/line-avenue-in-shreveport-scene-of-possible-standoff
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Oxyphile

• your local misanthrope
  • Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Oxyphile is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 03, 2020, 08:30:33 PM
  • chronic pain junkie
Re: An armed gunman raided my methadone clinic today and took hostages.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 07:40:37 PM »
Wow, that is fucking nuts. Quite an over-the-top way to off yourself, isn't it? Although I suppose if that was your true intention you'd just use said assault rifle to blow your brains out...

I'm glad you made it out unscathed man. No telling what someone that unstable might do.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
freedom is nothing soft and sweet, it's beautiful and terrible. it's admitting everything that I don't want anyone to know. it's telling people that I love I stole from them when they weren't looking. it's fucking up so many times that they won't pick up when I call them.

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: An armed gunman raided my methadone clinic today and took hostages.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 08:31:41 PM »
What an exciting clinic story - this isn't the first time I have heard of a guy holding up a clinic but when he did, he took no hostages and just wanted his withdrawalson to end.

Looks like you got your free pass with some entertainment thrown in too.

You are so lucky, I have never heard of anyone with your good luck but respect it and stay away from the place for life.

A habit is a self induced problem that doesn't have to be so find another drug that has less demands on your body, if you feel the need.

Wish it were me. Whatever you have, bottle it and sell it for a fortune.

Great story.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions