dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: 20 year old dies from PST  (Read 7523 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
20 year old dies from PST
« on: June 20, 2016, 03:23:27 PM »
So a 20 year old kid from michigan died from poppy seed tea, this week. This sucks all the way around I am hoping that this doesn't help instigate them criminalizing poppy seeds. We are one rich white kid away from the media reporting about how we are in the middle of a PST epidemic. This is just awful that this kid died, I wonder if he had narcan if he would of been able to use it or if he would of been too disoriented to.

Of course the last sentence of the article is just a huge advertisement for PST by letting everyone know "poppy seeds can be purchased at any health food store for less than $1". My guess is they are probably looking to get as many people to know about and try it so when they make it a felony for possession they can rake as much money as possible under the guise of saving the children, community, and people from themselves.

http://wwmt.com/news/local/family-experts-warn-of-poppy-seed-dangers-after-mans-sudden-death
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
Re: 20 year old dies from PST
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 04:48:41 PM »
Id start worrying when the story changes from "kid dies from poppies" to "kid dies from morphine in poppy seeds"

people need to be able to easily categorize the drugs to talk about them. in this country, poppies still drum up images of bagels and margaret hamilton's "poppies make you sleeeeepy"

when it turns to focus more on the morphine content shit will change.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline KurtRambus

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • KurtRambus is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2016, 04:02:22 AM
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 05:54:21 PM »
Obviously it sucks this kid died and im sorry to hear that
But pst is the only viable option for many when subs suck and so don't the side effects of done. 
All the media coverage lately is making me a bit nervous 👎
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 06:07:32 PM »
US media, TV in particular is the same every day: "Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid" and then they tell us what to be afraid of next. Then, like the programmed 'bots we are becomming we are afraid of the threat de jour and scream for legislation usually "to protect the children."

Drugs, "Assault Weapons," Paedophiles, Black Men, etc.  Yet they never tell us the truth  that cops,  prescriptions, and other more dangerous things kill more people  than what they tell us to be afraid of.

By the way, are dried poppy pods now illegal? I haven't really looked for them in at least 10 years.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:12:00 PM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Junkette

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Junkette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 26, 2022, 12:59:47 AM
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 05:25:09 PM »
I dunno, maybe it's wishful thinking but I sort of think that most people hear a poppy seed o.d. story and consider it like someone dropping dead from huffing paint.

they don't see it as a real drug...fuck, 90% of opiate addicts don't see it as a real drug soooooo, i don't think the general public is going to have some poppy panic...especially when lil timmy is shooting heroin.

but, if more and more people keep dropping...eventually we are going to have a problem. as has been said, all it takes is one rich kid from a good family dying with connections to people in power and...yep...more legal problems.  i don't know if there would ever be an outright ban...but what I do see happening is places not selling them.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions