dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: BTH Preparation  (Read 7496 times)

Offline LadyKalma (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • LadyKalma is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 09, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
BTH Preparation
« on: July 16, 2016, 12:39:57 PM »
So, most of the dope I have encountered has been in the south or michigan, and has been tan to white pebbles and powders or grey gunpowder types. I've encountered tar more recently, and have not been around many other people who have experience using it. And since most of the information spread about how to do things is just talk from people who think they know what they are doing, I want to make sure there aren't any important steps or anything you have to do differently to prepare it for iv use than you have to do with powder types?

I am not having problems with anything, so I don't have reason to believe I'm doing it wrong, just want to get the most out of it and make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. #3 that is from afganistan and what they get in europe is the stuff you need to add acid to right? Not BTH? I have added a pinch of ascorbic acid from time to time just to try it because they had it at the needle exchange, not sure if this is necessary but it seemed to make it cook down clearer.

Let me know how yall prepare your BTH if you please. Thanks
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

Re: BTH Preparation
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 02:37:10 PM »
Tar usually has enough acid left over from production that adding ascorbic acid is a little risky.  If it's too acidic you could fuck up your veins even worse than normal.  I've heard that the opposite is actually a good idea.  Adding a grain or two of baking soda to neutralize the acid can be a good idea.  I assume that you would see a little fizzing when added.  You could add tiny amounts to your solution, gently heat it and wait until the fizzing stops. 

I don't have experience with tar mind you.  If someone else contradicts that, then they would probably be the right one.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 02:40:04 PM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Roman Totale

• Reputation Power: 22
  • Roman Totale is now quite familiar.Roman Totale is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:July 27, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
  • It's alright, the way that you live
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 04:41:34 PM »
@LadyKalma  It doesn't seem like any added powder is necessary to get the full effect from tar; it is a pretty different beast than #3 in all respects, and I'd steer clear from citric/ascorbic acid with tar.  Better to do the opposite and put a tiny bit of a baking soda in. 

It's something I especially did when I was making "monkey water" or "waterlining" or whatever you call shooting dissolved tar up the nose, where I really felt a difference in stinging, and it probably wouldn't hurt for IV purposes either. 

I think there is a debate over whether tar should: (A) be heated up to a boil by putting a lighter underneath the cooker or (B) just put in a cooker of warm water and agitated until it dissolves.  I used quite hot water, but I guess that's closer to choice B.

That's all I can think of now...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline LadyKalma (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • LadyKalma is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 09, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 12:26:41 AM »
Good thought, heating the water and then putting the tar in. It probably gets it to dissolve just fine without having to directly apply flame to heat the mixture after it is combined. Also good to know no acid is needed and possibly even baking soda, because like I said, there was confusion on that front for me. Don't think I'm gonna add baking soda though, best to keep things simple since then who knows, maybe I'd add too much or something.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 06:57:03 AM »
Yeah most nx's have ascorbic acid to use for prepping crack if I am not mistaken. I grabbed some the first time I went to one and asked about it, I have never been a fan of coke and never tried crack so I put it back the nx here has had so much good info for me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 11:49:51 AM »
Good thought, heating the water and then putting the tar in. It probably gets it to dissolve just fine without having to directly apply flame to heat the mixture after it is combined. Also good to know no acid is needed and possibly even baking soda, because like I said, there was confusion on that front for me. Don't think I'm gonna add baking soda though, best to keep things simple since then who knows, maybe I'd add too much or something.

I see why this sounds like a good idea, but in practice, it's probably not going to work very well unless the dope is exceptionally good, most cut doesn't dissolve that easily (pure H dissolves without heat, but most tar is far from pure), . Simply heating the spoon or whatever with both water and dope in it won't hurt the dope, anyone that tells you otherwise doesn't understand that as long as there's water on the dope, the temp won't rise above the boiling point of the water (100C, 212F). Chemists use this principle to separate substances with a very fine degree of accuracy (ie, distillation).

It's very easy to not go overboard with bicarb in tar, but it can truly make a huge difference in two ways: one, the PH of the dope goes towards neutral instead of (typically very) acidic. Another advantage, that frequently but not always works, depending on what the dope is cut with, is that as the solution approaches neutral PH, many times a lot of the cut will move from liquid to solid and stay in the spoon, meaning you shoot less cut. The best way to use bicarb without actually checking the PH, is to just sprinkle very small amounts as long as they keep fizzing when they hit the surface. When the sprinkles stop fizzing, the solution is neutral and you have a MUCH MUCH less acidic, painful, solution to deal with - the difference is huge, and the amount of cut that can drop out at neutral PH is impressive. It helps to hit it with a little bit of heat and a quick stir like every 3-4 times with the soda sprinkles, this just makes sure the solution is an even PH and dissolves any bicarb that hasn't gone into solution.

If you fuck up and put too much baking soda in, just add tiny amounts of citric (in a pinch white vinegar, but it's not the safest option) back into the solution until the solids dissolve. When we turn morphine pills with AA, sometimes the PH has to be adjusted one way or the other, and this is exactly what we do.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 11:54:24 AM by Esoteric Anhydride »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions