dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: How Much Pot Do You Need to Eat ?  (Read 11909 times)

Offline dazzler (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • dazzler is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 18, 2018, 07:16:06 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
How Much Pot Do You Need to Eat ?
« on: July 06, 2015, 08:39:22 AM »
is 1 gram enough to be well felt if it is pulverised and eaten ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Güey

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Güey is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 01, 2019, 09:12:16 AM
Re: How Much Pot Do You Need to Eat ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:23:40 AM »
Well, a gram of what, exactly??? It needs to be cooked to be activated...

Sorry if I'm not following you. FWIW in Colorado edibles are sold and packaged via milligrams, with 'roughly' 250 being a fairly large dose, for a novice user...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 02:50:38 PM »
First you need to cook the pot.  THC is fat-soluble, so any lipid will do.  Butter is a classic, especially if you're baking (brownies, cakes, cookies, etc.).  You can either put the weed into the batter, or you can steep the weed in the melted butter.  I suggest steeping in butter.  Don't fry it, keep the temp low.  Let the pot steep in the warm (but melted) butter for at least 10 minutes, or more, then put the butter (and weed if you want) into the batter.  Cook as the recipe suggests. 

As for amount / dosing, 1 gram is too much for a first-timer.  Definitely too much if it's good weed.  Or, put all 1gram into a large brownie (or whatever), then eat only a fourth, or half. 

Be forewarned that eaten pot isn't the same as smoked.  It's more or a body high, and it lasts longer.  It'll also take longer to peak than smoking. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 03:36:18 PM »
thank you, good folks but let me expand ...

i planned to powderise regular hydro in a coffee-bean grinder then add it to a hotplate of butter and cocao.

would 1 gram be enough ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline gHost

• Reputation Power: 2
  • gHost is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 19, 2016, 12:28:02 PM
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 03:52:53 PM »
Honey Oil - Here is an alternative extraction method using Butane.

1. grab a some butane from a hardware store
2. grab an empty plastic bottle with a lib that you can pierce
3. pierce both the lib and the base of the bottle so that the muzzle of the butane container can fit inside
4. chop pot into a fine powder
5. use a receptacle like a plate to catch the contents of your extraction
6. place the pot inside container (see 2.)
7. blast the butane through the hole in the lid of it
8. collect the liquid extratced from the receptacle's base, noting that it hardens rapidly so a razor may be handy
9. repeat this process up to 4 times and note that that the extractions get progressively weaker

i think this method should maximise your THC yield
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:02:55 PM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dysmorphic

• Master of all things Ganja
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • dysmorphic is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 24, 2020, 09:28:55 AM
  • I. LIKE. BIG. BUTTS!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 04:09:38 AM »
here is what you do to make single dose edibles.

first lets talk about dosage. most people with top shelf dank will be able to eat a quarter of a gram and feel pretty fucking blazed others need more like a half gram to get high. but for most occasional users an eighth of a gram is a great place to start. all you do is decide how potent you want each edible to be, then multiply that by how many brownies your gonna make and that will tell you how much ganja you need to decarb. simple enough. most boxed brownie recipes make a dozen brownies so 3 grams would probably be good and so each brownie would have a quarter of a gram of ganja {.25 gram}.

now lets talk the how to of decarbing or activating ganja. set your over to 220* F and let it pre heat to that temp. while it is warming take the desired amount of ganja {an eight to a quarter of an ounce per 12 brownies or cookies} and grind it to a rough consistency. this is important. then make a foil packet or pouch to put the roughly ground ganja in. seam / crimp all 4 edges of the foil packet to as close to air tight as possible. we dont want the good stuff escaping while we decarb our ganja now do we?

so, before we put the package in the oven you should have something that looks like an envelope of sorts and your ganja is inside of it. now put it on a baking pan and put it in the oven for 20 minutes. take your ganja out and then let it cool to room temp before opening the packet. remember, some of the good stuff has evaporated and you'll need to let it cool or it will wisp away out of the packet. as you look at it what should have should be darker, completely dried and smelling a bit on the funky side. you'll know what i mean when you smell it. and so, we have 3.5 to 7 grams of decarbed ganja. it is ready to be made into canna-oil.

the boxed brownie mix will call for 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup of butter or oil. i use coconut oil exclusively for this. i also use 2/3 cup of coconut oil regardless of what the package says. it has always worked out right in the end.  we need to make the oil absorb the good stuff from the decarbed ganja. it helps with the onset time of the high. if you dump the decarbed ganja in it works, but takes about 30 mins longer to effect people. if you take the 2/3 cup of coconut oil and then lightly warm the oil on a number 2 burner on your stove for 20 to 30 mins, it will bring a majority of the good stuff into the oil and allow it to work faster. just be sure to allow the canna oil you just made to cool to room temp or the eggs the brownie recipe calls for will cook. that is my experience. also, you don't need to strain the ganja out of the oil you made. as a mater of fact, most of the ganja dissolves in the oil as it warms for the 20 or 30 minutes. also, the oil should just slightly agitate the ganja. just barely move it. if it actually cooks it will kill the potency of the ganja. so just warm enough to leach out, steep if you will, the good stuff from the ganja.

then after the oil has cooled, use it in place of the oil or butter called for in the box recipe. you will, guaranteed, get fucking blasted. FUCKING BLASTED!!! with that said, don't make them to potent. getting to much ganja in edibles isn't like smoking to much ganja and then you green out. edibles keep getting you fucked up until it is absolutely abysmal. trust me, it isn't funny, cool or anything else if you get to fucked up on edibles so go easy before you decide to eat more then one brownie and give it 90 minutes or 2 hours.

single dose edibles!
yes it is possible. just decarb a gram {grind it first} like you would normally decarb ganja like i related above. then store the ganja in a pill bottle and then in the freezer until you want to use it. i do a half gram at a time in a cup of milk and i get toasty man. i mean low eyed, couch locked in the fifth dimension. so go easy and start with a quarter of a gram per single dose just to be sure. i also do hot coco and the recipe is thuss:
i cup of milk in a sauce pan on a 4 or 5 stove top burner. immediately add the quarter of a gram of decarbed ganja, a squirt of chocolate syrup, 1 small square of chocolate, 1 small square of caramel and let it warm for 4 to 5 minutes while stirring occasionally. it should get hot but never boil. then pull it from the heat and let it sit for another 4 or 5 minutes. pour into a mug with marshmallows and enjoy. i do that very recipe when i hurt to bad to sleep. it works every time. you could do just a cup of milk and warm for 4 or 5 mins and let set for 4 or 5 mins  and get the exact same result as the coco.

after thought:
what makes it work is the fats in the oil {for canna oil} or in whole milk {for the hot coco} and that is why you steep the ganja and the oil or milk so you draw the good stuff out of the ganja. i also recommend leaving the ganja in the canna oil and the canna coco. sure you get a bit of lumber now and again, just chalk it up to the price of doing business and it lets you know you have ganja in your coco or brownies lol! i have also taken store bought, ready to pop in the oven cookie dough and used that. all you do is sandwich a quarter of a gram of decarbed ganja between 2 thin layers of cookie dough and you are good to go my friend! just cook per the recipe.

WARNING: DANGER WILL ROBINSON, ARMS FLAILING WILDLY!!!
do not be a fucking dick smack and give someone to much of any edible. it isn't funny and it fucking sucks. it makes you sick, feel out of your mind and it can last for days, no shit. like i mentioned before, edibles are a whole different game then smoking ganja. you don't green out with edibles. you get higher and higher, sicker and sicker and it doesn't stop. /rant over!

hope this helps you out broski!

PS..
this was sloppily written because i am trying to finish it before i got to get myself to a doc appointment. so please reply if you need clarification or you have questions!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Herpes, its like congress for your dick!
~John Oliver~

Tags: