dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Quetiapine (Seroquel)  (Read 12559 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Quetiapine (Seroquel)
« on: June 07, 2015, 08:34:06 AM »
I have used 25-400 mg. of this compound for sleep after Methamphetamine use and found it VERY sedating in the higher doses and it seems to be a very effective Dopamine antagonist.

Please add your observations to this thread if you are currently scripted this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline ceaser

• Reputation Power: 5
  • ceaser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 27, 2016, 11:07:24 PM
  • No drug should be left behind!
Re: Quetiapine (Seroquel)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »
I seldom achieve REM sleep, because I have a problem with "letting go." Therefore I love benzodiazepines. There was a girl I was living with. She did meth every day and Seroquel every night. I took some once, because we were doing a bunch and I wanted sleep.

I'm a dramatic, heart on his shirtsleeve type of guy. But it was terrifying. There's this thing, some psychological issue, called sleep paralysis. It's happened to most people. You have one of those awful dreams where you're trying to run from something but you aren't moving. Then when you wake up you can't move. And if it was a nightmare level dream you can't even scream when you wake, because breath will no escape your throat.

This is my summarization of both my experiences of Seroquel. There is no way to have fun on Seroquel. There is no way to stay awake. I think the dosages I tried were 50 and 150 mg's (I'll revise this immediately if I'm wrong.) The time I did 150 mg's I was at my mom's alone, housesitting or something. And I was smoking weed at the computer and I woke up on the floor. I guess this drug is formulated to have an extremely high overdose level. Yet, you can feel like you overdosed at even the 25 or 50 mg (lowest level.) At 25 mg's my girlfriend I did tons of drugs with gave me, I didn't sleep well. And I kept screaming: "They won't let me get up *****," to her.

And this drug puts you into a bonafide coma. One night made me sick. She brought me food, late. But she'd just happened to take her 50-100 mg's of Seroquel before she came over. Sucks for me, and I also didn't find out till I gave her half a bottle of wine. So her coma was a little different this particular night. She was acting touchy feely. I commented when we woke up and she said she'd been totally out. I truly felt sleazy for trying to get in for 9 hours straight with no luck. (This was not the night I took Seroquel with her.)

Opinion) Seroquel is a terrifying and useless piece of shit drug.

Fact) A human being dies after about 7 days without any sleep. This can happen pretty easy for a methamphetamanic. So it is a very good thing that this drug exists.

Opinion) If your doctor tries to give you THIS for depression, tell them that you've heard it's only meant to be taken at night, and that it will surely put you into a deep sleep. It's for sleep. Personally, while using meth on a semi-long term basis (i.e. I've been up for 180 days straight) I always had good luck with the nap thing. Just close your eyes if you feel tired. And even if it's a "meth nap," it will keep you from dying from sleep depravation.

But if you need a thing to knock you out for sure, and you for sure need to be knocked out, then you might actually need this drug.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 03:27:33 PM »
It made my eyes hurt, I was prescribed it when I was 19 with wellbutrin. I felt like a zombie and my eyes always hurt it felt like my pupils were to big like when you have been in the dark and someone turns on the light. That is how my eyes felt the whole time on them which is weird to me. I also didn't feel any emotion. I was never happy or sad, or mad i felt nothing felt completely indifferent to all emotion. Something would happen and it wouldn't make me angry and I also would feel no glee or excited about anything like a zombie.

That was the last time I used any anti-depressants, I was guinea pigged on about 8 of them from 15-19 and most of them made me have suicidal thoughts constantly, or didn't have any effect at all. I would stay on them for 6 months to a year and then try something else, when my anxiety and depression got out of control. Glad I don't take them anymore, every time I goto the doctor they ask me if I want to try one or take home a sample pack to try. I believe it is what is causing americans to be more anxious and depressed then ever before.

Most people take some form of anti-depressant and they push them on their kids when they start having any emotion instead of teaching them how to cope, I really think those meds are fucking up america, and the whole world probably. No one deals with anything or learns how to properly cope they just give them meds, there is a med for everything.

You take more medication to deal with the side effects of the medication you were on before. You are on depression meds and it causes you anxiety and you take anxiety meds to deal with that and it makes you gain weight so you take diet pills which makes you have head aches so you take painkillers or tylenol and the cycle continues.

I had a bad time on all the meds they tried on me so I have a biased view. I have heard serequel helps with sleep, and depression and some other symptoms you get from withdrawal. I have heard a lot of people think they are very useful especially for withdrawal, I'd be interested if anyone on here has first hand experience with that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 12:15:01 PM »
Personally, I think the shit is a godsend. Killed my insomnia monster. I started it about a year or so ago for "undetermined mood disorder" (whatever the fuck that means?)

I'm prescribed 100mg before bed... I've taken up to 300mg on a bad nite and fucking BOOM your ass is KO'd.

I also suffer from frequent bouts of sleep paralysis... But I had that shit prior. So I don't really attribute it to the use of Seroquel.

I do worry about ceasing it's use... As I've run a few days short before, and it has a surprisingly nasty WD profile.

Similar to Benzo WD in the sense that you're mentally fried.

Just add it to the list I suppose.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Oxyphile

• your local misanthrope
  • Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Oxyphile is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 03, 2020, 08:30:33 PM
  • chronic pain junkie
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 10:29:14 PM »
I was prescribed seroquel years ago, I believe 200mg in the morning and 400mg at night. I remember being kind of zombified, but I was taking a lot of other meds as well as illicit drugs.

I just received a new seroquel script yesterday but at a much lower dose...100mg twice a day for 'treatment resistant anxiety.' Anyone have any experience with lower dosing like this? This new provider doesn't want to prescribe me benzos because of my drug use. I'm trying to stay open-minded and amenable to something different than I'm used to. Worst comes to worst, I head back to my old psych and resume benzos. Gonna try to see if I can get by without them...don't need to pick up a habit like that if I can avoid it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
freedom is nothing soft and sweet, it's beautiful and terrible. it's admitting everything that I don't want anyone to know. it's telling people that I love I stole from them when they weren't looking. it's fucking up so many times that they won't pick up when I call them.

Offline dillydudeEL14

• SA_Chat+
  • dillydudeEL14 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 28, 2022, 10:18:52 AM
  • HR Networking
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 11:26:25 PM »
Oxyphile, I hate how they don't wanna prescribe you what works because they're worried you'll abuse it so they give you worse stuff. I mean don't get me wrong I understand why they do I'm just saying I hate it lol. I am scared to ever be honest in any way about my drug use to doctors for fear that I will forever be branded an addict and never get any good scripts again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Oxyphile

• your local misanthrope
  • Regular
  • Oxyphile is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 03, 2020, 08:30:33 PM
  • chronic pain junkie
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 08:43:31 AM »
Oxyphile, I hate how they don't wanna prescribe you what works because they're worried you'll abuse it so they give you worse stuff. I mean don't get me wrong I understand why they do I'm just saying I hate it lol. I am scared to ever be honest in any way about my drug use to doctors for fear that I will forever be branded an addict and never get any good scripts again.

I hear you man. I definitely wouldn't have put myself out there as an addict, these people already knew because the psych provider is at a place where I was referred to for a relapse prevention group. DOC had my record of drug charges from the past, plus I believe the provider can see my past methadone treatment being on state insurance. They put you in quite the untenable position..."we want you to be open and honest with us about how you feel and your treatment"...except when you are you get blackballed.

Today is the first day taking the seroquel again. I will report in a few days once I get a feel for it. Can't really judge today because I was already fucked up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
freedom is nothing soft and sweet, it's beautiful and terrible. it's admitting everything that I don't want anyone to know. it's telling people that I love I stole from them when they weren't looking. it's fucking up so many times that they won't pick up when I call them.

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 05:18:48 PM »
i confess, i even tried injecting it once but it has absolutely minimal recreational value ... don't bother.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline wanderingmind

• Reputation Power: 5
  • wanderingmind is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2019, 10:34:59 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 04:47:37 AM »
Just hearing the name Seroquel makes me cringe.

I was prescribed Seroquel for sleep when I went to Hazelden for the first time.  When I went in I weighed about 135 (normal body weight 185 or so).  When I left four months later, I weight 215!  Seroquel gave me the night-time munchies something fierce.  Ever since then, I've had a hard time maintaining my normal body weight even though I've been off Seroquel for a number of years.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal