dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Addiction indication xanax  (Read 5624 times)

Offline Taco Supreme (OP)

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Taco Supreme is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 08, 2023, 01:52:59 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
Addiction indication xanax
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:45:24 PM »
How does one know if your addicted to xanax?  Since I can now freely get 30 bars across the US Mexican border. I've gone a little over boered. The only good thing is it's been maybe a month? I wake every morning not craving the drug. I take them once a day usually around 9am and that's it. I wake up not needing to rush to get a bar. Am I physically addicted yet? Whst are some first signs? The net is full of recovery website answers only I've searched.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Joseph Hopeless

• SA_Chat+
  • Joseph Hopeless is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 19, 2021, 11:21:34 AM
  • keeping users safe and informed
Re: Addiction indication xanax
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 05:46:58 AM »
Your avatar isn't Ted Bundy, is it? Guy looks like him, but that fucker was a chameleon, it's crazy how different that fuck looked in every other picture of him...

But on the topic; I rarely get benzos, but I do drink every night, usually 8-12 beers a night/day. Personally I don't get BAD withdrawals, but I do get definite withdrawal: bit of dysphoria, lethargy, can't really seem to eat or do shit unless I really force myself, and hands can be a bit shaky(but not uncontrollably). But I've always been a twitchy/shaky fuck, and it's not bad, but your first sign you've got bad withdrawal is bad shakes all over and all of the above but really bad(as far as I can tell, at least). I'd try and wait as long as you can(at least 10 hours or more) and see if you feel lethargy, can't really sleep at night(that too), and just general shitty and uncomfortable feelings. But yeah, take it easy, I'm trying to wean myself a bit(from alcohol) if I can soon, or at least keep the w/d where it is at worst case, not trying to experience bad physical withdrawal, shit's nothing to play with. (I know alcohol doesn't equal benzos, but both are pretty damn similar as far as I know).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hey! Wait! I got a new complaint!

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 11:22:15 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 05:57:15 PM »
@Taco Supreme,

It's all about how much, how often and for how long so firstly, grab some Valium, any way you can but talking to a doctor and referencing the taper documentation on Benzo withdrawal on the site is highly recommended. My Methadone clinic detoxed me from Valium, btw.

If you are experiencing anything that you can't handle then get to ER ! it CAN kill you !!

some excerpts from https://futuresrecoveryhealthcare.com/knowledge-center/xanax-addiction-withdrawal-timeline/ follow ...

TIMELINE OF DETOX AND WITHDRAWAL

Though not everyone will experience the same benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms or experience similar symptoms in the same way, in general, the following timeline may describe what patients experience during benzo detox.

For those who took a low dose of Xanax for a short period of time, the duration and experience of withdrawal symptoms are generally limited to rebound anxiety lasting for up to 4 days.

That is, if the patient was taking Xanax in an attempt solely to manage anxiety symptoms and not for the purposes of getting high, then stopping use of the medication may result in a rebound effect, or a return of anxiety symptoms for a brief period.

XANAX WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS & EFFECTS

Xanax withdrawal can be severe, and even fatal if detox is done too quickly or without medical supervision.

Symptoms usually begin with a few hours of the last Xanax dose and increase over time until they peak after a few days, linger, and then slowly begin to dissipate.

They may last for a few weeks or longer. If the person struggling with the addiction was taking a high dose of Xanax at the time of detox, additional withdrawal symptoms may include seizures and/or symptoms of psychosis.

Typically, physical symptoms of Xanax withdrawal include:

. Blurred vision and sensitivity to light
. Loss of appetite
. Changes in the sense of smell or sensitivity to smells
. Aching muscles and headaches
. Tremors
. Cramps and diarrhea
. Sweating or fever
. Tingling in the arms and legs or numbness in the extremities
. Heart palpitations
. (Very) high blood pressure
. Breathing difficulties

Because Xanax is a prescription medication that’s used to treat certain conditions and symptoms, these symptoms return when a person stops using the drug. Xanax withdrawal produces rebound symptoms, which means that when the symptoms do return, they tend to be more severe than they were before the drug.

The most common psychological effects of Xanax detox include:

. Panic
. Anxiety
. Paranoia
. Insomnia
. Disorientation
. Malaise
. Short-term memory loss

it's no joke so waste no time and get some more benzos any way you can as your life could depend on it !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 09:18:02 PM »
Well i generally feel cold and aches but that's from my methadone. That's been going on since god created  time. I do only usually dose once a day. Usually when the methadone peaks. Plus the xanax helps get rid of a life long problem in my speech. I just been taking to many like 4 to 8 bars a day for the last maybe 4 or 5 weeks. I don't feel any shakes just the normal benzo hang over. I usually go a full 24 hours plus since my last dose but most articles and above say it takes longer for withdrawal to show? I plan on stopping once I get a job. Without then I'm a stuttering mess.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 04:13:48 AM »
yeah, if that's your only benzo and your only binge in quite a few weeks then I think that you'll be fine.

you may want to consider leaving a bit more time between the doses and of course, not to frequently.

Alprazolam is a potent and euphoric rapid onset drug therefore it's withdrawal time-line and effect is as proportionally short and unpleasan; that's why it's addiction potential is of concern but in this case, no need to panic.

as with all benzo use (I am scripted 25 x 10 mg. Temazepam once every 6 weeks), it's best to keep some with a reliable friend or carer for safe keeping and/or dispensing.

prescribers don't like to prescribe benzos for more than 2 week contiguous bursts and neither should you.

you may be struggling being totally without then but i highly suggest taking them PRN, infrequently and not simply maintain out of habit.

GABA (and it's subunits) tolerance action is fast in the short term but slow in the long term and unlike opiate's tolerance - it is more forgiving, IME.

good luck !
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:21:28 AM by Chip »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 10:07:50 PM »
Well I'm at around 48+ hours since my last dose. Besides not sleeping very well last night I think I'm OK. Gonna try to not take any for a while.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 06:58:12 AM »
At least 2 weeks, the longer the better.

One way to test your GABA (and there are a few types of it) BZD receptor recovery or tolerance is to take 1 milligram of Alpraz. If you don't feel it then add another week until you do but 4 weeks is an about right guesstimate.

Just a thought. That's how I check with my Gabapentinoid usage.

As with all things tolerance, with every neurotransmitter or hormone affected, every drug carries a different response and recovery curve.

Every opiate user has a vague idea about how their DOC tolerance works but studies on their future tolerance curves have not been done as it takes a lifetime of linear use and usage isn't like that.

Many opiate users often fool themselves on how it really works, as did I as it is ever-adjusting to one's intake amounts and patterns of usage.

It (tolerance) is a living thing as the body implements homeostasisWiki continuously

GABA tolerance is more forgiving as it is the primary cell communications vehicle of plants and mammals but still go easy.

Less is more.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 07:05:07 AM by Chip »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions