dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Could Cannabinoids Delay Puberty and Undo Some Harm from Sexual etc. Abuse ?  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
So I met this really cool junkie in the Psych facility I have just graduated from. Yes, I am deemed mentally unwell but you'd have to be, if you're one of us (and you must be to read this), of course.\

He was molested by his brother over a period of time etc. BUT did not display the typical early onset of puberty seen with most sexual abuse victims so i ask him, WTF brother ? What was your drug of oblivion ?

(I helped raise his aawreness of his compromised HCV liver scarring and possible thyroid issues but that's another matter)

Pot, more pots and lots of it. "Thai Buddha sticks" etc.

This got me thinking about abuse victims and how some early exogenous cannabinoid treatment (ASAP after abuse) might be of some help, if any.

My new buddy (forvever) is one hell of a dude and put away a TON of scag [if only i could share more, what a story i could tell]

So smoking pot PRIOR to puberty can both flush out Schizoaffected Disordered people and possible delay puberty to allow the mind and body to mature at an "adjusted" rate.

(more ramblings ...)

More data sourced from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18482434

Puberty as a highly vulnerable developmental period for the consequences of cannabis exposure.

Abstract

During puberty, neuronal maturation of the brain, which began during perinatal development, is completed such that the behavioral potential of the adult organism can be fully achieved.

hese maturational events and processes of reorganization are needed for the occurrence of adult behavioral performance but simultaneously render the organism highly susceptible to perturbations, such as exposure to psychoactive drugs, during this critical developmental time span.

Considering the variety of maturational processes occurring in the endocannabinoid system during this critical period, it is not surprising that the still-developing brain might by highly susceptible to cannabis exposure.

Emerging evidence from human studies and animal research demonstrates that an early onset of cannabis consumption might have lasting consequences on cognition, might increase the risk for neuropsychiatric disorders, promote further illegal drug intake and increase the likelihood of cannabis dependence.

These findings suggest that young people represent a highly vulnerable cannabis consumer group and that they run a higher risk than adult consumers of suffering from adverse consequences from cannabinoid exposure.

The aim of the present review is to provide an overview over the possible deleterious residual cannabinoid effects during critical periods of postnatal maturation and to offer a more precise delineation of the vulnerable time window for cannabinoid exposure.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions