dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

• Top 5 Things You Are Grateful For. 5 0 10 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Top 5 Things You Are Grateful For.  (Read 3756 times)

Offline gtrain (OP)

• Reputation Power: 2
  • gtrain is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 27, 2019, 05:14:18 AM
Top 5 Things You Are Grateful For.
« on: April 09, 2019, 09:12:56 AM »
This was inspired by Chip's thread, top 5 problems you are currently facing.

I often have to make gratitude lists to stay sane, so this may be a good thread.

1) My son. He is my everything and I'm only truly happy around him.

2) My job. I work from home so my income is on salary and is flexible for my aforementioned son.

3) My baby moms. As much as I do in my personal life and probably will bitch about her here. She is still there, still working with me, keeping the faith that I can turn this around.

4) A roof. I've been temporarily homeless before, so I know what it's like to not have somewhere to call home.

5) My dogs. They were my first children. They always love me unconditionally even if I am rude to them or mean, etc. Thank dog for doggos.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline rcrumb

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • rcrumb is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 29, 2020, 04:18:53 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Top 5 Things You Are Grateful For.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 01:36:20 PM »
Cool thread idea. I get sucked into the negative thinking, and its when I stop bitching, and start being grateful that things usually turn around.

1. My family, who've stuck by me through thick, thin, and all kinds of crazy stuff.

2. My life. Sounds corny, but I'm really lucky to even be here, after the hospital stays, arrests, jail, craziness.

3. My dick still works. Hey, that's a big one.

4. I'm not homeless currently.

5. I didn't hawk my favorite guitar, no matter how bad I wanted to! I still have it, my Gibson LP Junior, that I worked 6 months to buy, when I was a teenager.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline gtrain (OP)

• Reputation Power: 2
  • gtrain is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 27, 2019, 05:14:18 AM
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 06:28:28 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I could say a lot of the same ones you did. Hospitals suck, jail even worse. Judging by your avatar we'd get along great. Fellow Dead Head here.

My guitars and dogs are the only "material" possessions I still have (material in quotes because dogs aren't really material). That and a fender blues junior that I play my strat through.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline rcrumb

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • rcrumb is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 29, 2020, 04:18:53 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 01:34:30 PM »
No problemo man. Chip actually choose my avatar for me, props to him. But I'm a big Dead fan as well, and into everything Robert Crumb did. I'm in a bit of a benzo wd right now, so I'll keep it brief. I've sold most of my musical gear over the years, but I'm slowly building it up again. When I got out of what was my final recovery, my brother gave me back my #1 guitar, which I'd told him to hide from me at some point, don't even remember doing that. But he kept it for several years while I was active, and good bro that he is, faithfully returned it. Now I have a little fender practice amp which sounds pretty good actually. My big Orange 100 watt and Marshall head was better off course, but those are long gone.

I'm a animal person too, dogs are probably better for your soul than going to meetings some times. The best animals on earth imo. Hey it was cool meeting you dude. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal