dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Income tax refund "offset" AKA stolen, garnished  (Read 3523 times)

Offline bignasty (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
Income tax refund "offset" AKA stolen, garnished
« on: March 08, 2019, 12:18:15 AM »
Has anybody ever had their income tax refund stolen? If so, does anyone know how to fight it to get it back somehow?

It's fucked up 'cause I only really owe like $4000 on my student loans but they took at $9000 since my loans are in default and therefore, I owe all $65k.

Fuck the Dept. of Education with a fat dick. My tax refund was going to fix all my family's financial troubles and fix our cars and get our suspended licenses back and pay off a bad check to get a warrant removed, etc.. They fucked me HARD and I really want to fight it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 11:22:15 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Income tax refund "offset" AKA stolen, garnished
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 10:35:13 AM »
Seriously ?

It's paid directly to my bank account - a better option to pursue

Can't you just cancel the check and as for a new one ?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 01:01:23 PM by Chip »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline bignasty (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
Re: Income tax refund "offset" AKA stolen, garnished
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 10:05:15 PM »
I did direct deposit but the IRS sent the money to the Dept. of Education instead of sending it to my bank account. I really envy countries that have free college education because even though there's the "American Dream" and it's the "land of the free", you can't really go beyond the social class you were born into. I was born lower middle class and I'll probably die lower middle class.

It's sad the US spends SOOOO much money on weapons of war but college education is beyond reach (and rising every year) for most Americans. This country is so stupid. People wear "what would Jesus do?" bracelets but I doubt he'd be a capitalist materialistic fuck like the US.

I'm scared what the US government is going to do once weed is made legal federally because they'll have no more reason to arrest a lot of poor folks for petty shit like weed possession. They'll have to start arresting poor folks for owing credit card companies or being in debt I guess.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal