dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: The Dire Consequences of Sleep Deprivation  (Read 6976 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
The Dire Consequences of Sleep Deprivation
« on: October 03, 2018, 04:09:01 PM »
source: https://neurosciencenews.com/sleep-deprivation-9945/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+neuroscience-rss-feeds-neuroscience-news+%28Neuroscience+News+Updates%29

Researchers at Michigan State University conducted the largest experimentally controlled study on sleep deprivation to date, revealing just how detrimental operating without sleep can be in everything from bakers adding too much salt to cookies to surgeons botching surgeries.

read on va the link ...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:24:23 PM by Chip »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline bonedust

• A High Tension Wire
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bonedust has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 09, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
Re: The Dire Consequences of Sleep Deprivation
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 08:10:15 PM »
Shit, I could have told ya how bad sleep deprivation is. My record is almost 9 days without sleep. Rehab + cold turkey methadone wd = some weirdass ptsd I still think about almost every day and this bullshit happened in November 2012.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."-Malcolm X

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:38:54 PM »
Shit, I could have told ya how bad sleep deprivation is. My record is almost 9 days without sleep. Rehab + cold turkey methadone wd = some weirdass ptsd I still think about almost every day and this bullshit happened in November 2012.
Damn, I imagine that would equal a lot of lonely LONG nights. Closest thing I can compare to is going from 320mg's one day (120-160mg's everyday) to suboxone like 2-3 days later with only about 10 oxy 80's in between to let the 'done get outta my system but I took 'em all in like 2 days so it really didn't get outta my system at all. I would've waited til I was sick and took an 80 had I known what was ahead when I took the sub and got PWD's from hell for like a week. I could literally feel the 'done and bupe fighting over my opiate receptors and the bupe was winning the fight but the 'done wouldn't give up and just leave so I felt awful for like 10-15 days. I had benzo's and good bud though so I still slept at least an hour or two every day or two.

Also, the 'done clinic caught me going to pain clinic getting 'done rx'd for pain so they lowered me from 120 to 80 by going down 10mgs a day in 4 days and I didn't sleep at night at all. I pretty much lost my job 'cause I couldn't sleep until I took my 'done dose every morning and took 2-3mg's of kpin with it. I called in every morning for like a week then got caught using a fake doctor's note 'cause my boss called my doctor and they said I hadn't been there on that date.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 07:09:06 AM »
i was awake 11 days, detox at rehab with no help.  was seeing the shadow people and hearing things
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 11:55:57 PM »
i was awake 11 days, detox at rehab with no help.  was seeing the shadow people and hearing things
Do the doctors or nurses not become concerned enough to give you a good amount of ambien or benzo's or a shot of morphine or something to let you get a few hours of good sleep after that long without sleep? Or do they just say here's some trazadone or hydroxyzine that should help you sleep.

I don't think any rehab or detox should force folks off of shit cold turkey. They should all be forced to at least do a quick taper and give you 1 or 2 "in case of emergency" or "when it gets too much for you" doses of whatever you were addicted to or something similar. I mean after 11 days of opiate detox without sleep, they could give you 5mgs of valium and a Tylenol 3 with 30mgs of codeine and you'd probably sleep your ass off.

It seems like going cold turkey would make people romanticize dope or whatever drug their addicted to even more. If I was going cold turkey off heroin and couldn't sleep for that long, I'd be just counting down the hours until I could get out and go do a good shot of dope. Cold turkey doesn't seem like a smart way to go for rehabs or detoxes if they don't want u to relapse.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 07:22:59 AM »
it wasn't a medical facility or normal rehab, it was a sort of working farm. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions