dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Methadonia 2005 (movie/doco)  (Read 7246 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Methadonia 2005 (movie/doco)
« on: September 26, 2018, 03:10:20 AM »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
Re: Methadonia 2005 (movie/doco)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 04:18:53 AM »
I remember watching this in college when I had pretty much no tolerance but I knew a guy that got Avinza's (wanna say 32mg's and 90mg's?) and Methadone 10's and he sold 'em to me for cheap 'cause he wanted to fuck, and I got really cheap benzo's at the time so I NEVER took methadone without taking a "stick" or a "wheel" or whatever they say on this documentary talking about Xanax bars and those 2mg white kpins.

I'd love to have all those Avinza's back so I could IV a decent dose of morphine instead of snorting them like I did back then. Never thought in a million years that those avinza pills would be considered easy to abuse!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 07:44:40 AM »
cool, maybe i'll watch it tonight.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 11:44:22 PM »
It's really worth a watch. I didn't know much about 'done clinics until I watched this documentary but it made me crave it and want it (when they said 'done + benzo = heroin like high) instead of turning me away/off of it like it would most people. If I remember correctly, there are folks that are crying saying they're addicted to the liquid handcuffs and would do anything to be able to get off it. Then, the same folks eat like 4-6mg's of Xanax or klonopin after dosing then nod their asses off for hours a few hours after dosing. I'm glad/lucky I made it thru college since I didn't know shit about opioids or methadone and had no tolerance but would take 30-40mg's of 'done with 30-40mg's of valium or 2-4mg's of Xanax or kpin and be fucked up all day while drinking on it too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline LadyKalma

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • LadyKalma is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 09, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 01:47:00 AM »
Ugh, I despise this doc. Its probably a large part of the reason why I am not getting real help with my addiction through methadone. My husband, though also a junky, seen it and has been talking shit about how it's liquid handcuffs, look at the guys in the movie, etc since then.

I try to reason that successful people on methadone don't make a sensational doc, so that's why they focus on the bad off. There's a lot more to my story obviously, but this movie tipped the scales against me, and now stuck with my homemade kratom maintenance, and being obsessed with H still.

But it's cool they made a doc I suppose, I'm just bitter and jealous of that option not being open to me after 12 years of opiate addiction I feel like I would have been helped greatly by it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 12:08:16 AM »
Had some good points of view on the typical cycle of opiate users. Also showed some real pieces of shit. my kinda people.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Offline sprawlnod

• Reputation Power: 3
  • sprawlnod is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 30, 2018, 10:35:41 AM
  • Kuffed
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 09:36:34 AM »
Ugh, I despise this doc. Its probably a large part of the reason why I am not getting real help with my addiction through methadone. My husband, though also a junky, seen it and has been talking shit about how it's liquid handcuffs, look at the guys in the movie, etc since then.

I try to reason that successful people on methadone don't make a sensational doc, so that's why they focus on the bad off. There's a lot more to my story obviously, but this movie tipped the scales against me, and now stuck with my homemade kratom maintenance, and being obsessed with H still.

But it's cool they made a doc I suppose, I'm just bitter and jealous of that option not being open to me after 12 years of opiate addiction I feel like I would have been helped greatly by it.

Not quite sure why the option isn't open to you, or if it's just not available where you live, but I thought I'd at least give somewhat of a success story because Methadone saved my life. I've been on 'done for 5+ years and will be on it for life since I have chronic pain conditions (CPP). Not the greatest thing, but better than the alternative.

Methadone is more effective than anything else I tried because it successfully blocks other opiates. If I shoot heroin, I won't feel it - total waste. I'd have to go off 'done for 3-4 days until I was getting pretty dopesick before I can transition back to H or anything else.

<------ my "signature" is tongue-in-cheek - I don't seriously feel kuffed.  But, in reality, I sort of am - but no different than any other CPP getting meds from a pharmacy, or an addict copping on the street. That's only because I am dependent on it and I need to get refills. Thankfully, I'm at a great clinic and I'm, at the point where I get a month of take-homes - same as CPPs who can only get 30 days of opiates per Rx.  But, I can't be on vacation and get it filled anywhere; I always need to be at my clinic every 4 weeks.

Yeah, I can get fucked up on benzos (and sometimes I do) but its not been a problem for me.  Mostly because I need a ton of energy to nod on that combo - if I'm tired, I fall asleep right away.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions