dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Hashish  (Read 5199 times)

Offline MoeMentim (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
Hashish
« on: September 11, 2018, 08:50:20 AM »
Also, how do you make hash? I've always wanted to know that but didn't want to search it and read some lengthy science project. Just sum it up for me please. You don't have to go into extensive details.

there's a myriad of ways hash can be made, the goal is to collect all the trichome heads with as little other plant material as possible.  The two most popular ways use screens, like a silkscreen, of progressively smaller openings.  there's ground plant material both larger & smaller than the trichome heads so the stuff you want will end up in two or three of the middle screens (some trichs are bigger/smaller than others.  "dry sift" is just like it sounds, just sift the ground buds through the screens, while "bubble hash" uses ice water - the screens and the weed are submerged.  i've done a little of each but will likely stick with bubble cause the buds don't need to be dried, toss em in the freezer & pulverize while brittle.  don't have to worry about the smell that way, (i'm in an apartment). 

traditional hash making is mostly dry sift & "rub" which is just rubbing fresh/living buds with your  hands & scraping off the resin.  before bho concentrates using solvents like alcohol were also referred to as hash, but nowadays are grouped in with oil/wax/shatter etc. which makes sense.  don't confuse bubble hash the process with "full (or partial) melt bubble hash" the product.  "full melt bubble hash" refers to extremely pure hash that will melt & bubble when smoked.  you can get to "full melt bubble" using either screen method (if you have more skills than i & don't mind drastically lower yields)

if you have a grinder with a screen to separate the "kif" you've made hash.   ;)

also, i'm done chipping for a while at least.  had some very minor w/d symptoms yesterday & today. I ain't going back there.  took some kratom after work & feel fine.  didn't sleep last night but expect to tonight.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:57:00 PM by Chip »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
Re: Hashish
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 09:56:38 PM »
Is the weed still good after making hash with it? I'd imagine it's less potent but is it still worth smoking? Better than or equal to Mexican brick weed?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 08:02:33 AM »
it depends. all the plant's thc is contained in the trichome heads which you are trying to collect.  there will always be some thc left behind from crushed or immature trichomes but if you do a good job there won't be much left.  one could forgo first grinding/pulverizing the weed to a powder (may have left that out) & just tumble whole or broken up buds to get the trichomes on the outer surfaces (kinda like a grinder with a kif catcher does).  if you want somewhat less potent herb, say for joints & a little bit of hash/kif for special occasions maybe one of those grinders is the ticket?  they only use one screen, usually with fairly large openings so the kif will be much less pure than when you use proper screens.  or you could just get a screen or three & crumble the buds you're going to smoke over that.

personally, i either make hash or leave the buds alone.  i never use the kif catcher portion of my grinders.  when i was growing i'd keep all the large buds & make hash with the smaller buds & all the frosty leaves that get trimmed off.

check this out, this guy has the skills & patience to make hash that's 95-99% trichome heads:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=253284

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:41:28 AM by MoeMentim »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 10:02:28 PM »
I usually use the screen on my grinders and end up just sprinkling the kif over a blunt once enough is at the bottom of the grinder but I never realized kif was that much stronger than the bud.
I have to visit Colorado where weed is so plentiful that folks make BHO/hash/shatter/wax/oil/edibles/etc.. I'm old school and just like smoking bud but I'd have to give smoking "dabs" or whatever a try if ever given the chance. I'd make sure to already have benzo's in my system though 'cause I could see getting that high off of one hit causing some paranoia and/or anxiety. It would also be nice to go to a bud-tender and say I want a quarter of a pure indica and quarter of a pure sativa and quarter of the best "pain killing and sedating" bud y'all have.

I can definitely see why states that have legal weed have seen decreases in the amount of opiates being used. Weed makes me think about my life and instead of being like "yeah I need another shot even though it's only been 2 hours since my last shot" while I'm sober. If I was smoking weed, I'd think "naw, I'm already feeling good and don't need another shot until I start feeling bad". The way it makes u think about things AND the fact that it really does do a good job at killing certain types of pain.
I can't wait for 'done clinics and pain doctors to allow it once it becomes completely legal in all 50 states. They're gonna be surprised when the folks that smoke weed come in high and say "actually doc, I think I'm good at my current dose of meds right now" instead of us opiate addicts saying "doc, I'm in extreme pain and really could use an increase on my ER meds and my BT meds right now" when we're not smoking whether in actual pain or not. I, for one, know that I use less amount-wise and less often when I'm smoking weed than I do when I haven't been smoking.
Just admit failure already and LEGALIZE it. They could still require active duty and reserve military folks and their intel folks and other high ranking government jobs to test negative for it. That's the ONLY negative that I could see with it IN THEIR EYES is that it typically makes folks non-violent and think deeper and they don't want that for their military members and intel folks, etc.., especially during a war or basic training, etc..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 11:25:03 AM »
what are you smoking, mexican or local kind bud?  if you are smoking mexican sativas or you don't have access to indica's you can try taking some hemp based cbd oil which helps to regulate a sativa's paranoia/anxiety effect.  i believe it's 50 state legal.  i'm not sure if you can smoke the edible sort but i know you can get vapable cbd oil you could just mix in with the weed.  otherwise you'd have to eat the cbd and wait an hour to smoke the herb.  i've done that once with some racy weed & it definitely helped.

my biggest gripe with the recreational shops here in co is the small selection of pure indicas.  they're maybe 10% of the of what's on the shelf in my area. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 01:03:18 PM by Chip »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 12:55:33 AM »
what are you smoking, mexican or local kind bud?  if you are smoking mexican sativas or you don't have access to indica's you can try taking some hemp based cbd oil which helps to regulate a sativa's paranoia/anxiety effect.  i believe it's 50 state legal.  i'm not sure if you can smoke the edible sort but i know you can get vapable cbd oil you could just mix in with the weed.  otherwise you'd have to eat the cbd and wait an hour to smoke the herb.  i've done that once with some racy weed & it definitely helped.

my biggest gripe with the recreational shops here in co is the small selection of pure indicas.  they're maybe 10% of the of what's on the shelf in my area.
Is that why I got so paranoid and had an enormous long panic attack the 2nd time I ever smoked weed, 'cause it was Mexican brick weed and they're all sativa?

I didn't smoke weed and hated even being around it after that panic attack and it took a few yrs and a break from alcohol before I could even take a few benzo's and give weed another chance and I would only take a hit every 10-15 minutes at first. Since I couldn't drink for awhile, after taking benzo's an hour before smoking, I learned to love it. Then, I got to where I didn't need to take the benzo's beforehand but would keep them on hand just in case.

I'm kinda glad I got pancreatitis or I never would've enjoyed weed. Wish I would've tried it without getting sick and having to take a break from booze but I never would have since it gave me so much anxiety. Would've gotten in a lot less fights and a lot less legal trouble if I would've had benzo's and weed to calm me down in my early years.

Also, I smoke local "loud" that I get from any dealer or just anybody with a little extra they can get rid of that I can find. Don't have a regular hookup yet but I think I might have found one last night that can get either good bud or vape cartridges with hash oil or liquid weed or THC vape juice or whatever you wanna call it already in them. Even though I enjoy smoking blunts/joints/bowls of plant material weed, I might give the vape pen version a try since it doesn't stink like good bud and you can hit it in front of your boss or parents or the police if you want to and they won't know....at least until I get my license back and it's not suspended anymore.
Then, I could go back to getting regular good bud and only travel from when/where I get it from to when I take it home and never ride around with it in my car as I've found I can smell it days after it's no longer in my car so I imagine a cop could probably still smell it for weeks after it's no longer in my car.

Damn, this Adderall is making me write books for posts lately. Sorry for the rambling.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal