dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Why are pills always in salt form Like oxycodone hcl and morphine sulfate  (Read 5487 times)

Offline dillydudeEL14 (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • dillydudeEL14 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 28, 2022, 10:18:52 AM
  • HR Networking
I know for injections they have to be water soluble but is this also the case for oral use? I was just wondering about this and figured one of the people here who knows a lot of science would be able to answer. I’m just asking out of pure curiosity. I’m sure it must be out of necessity , because you would think if they could be taken orally in freebase form that would be a way to make them harder to inject. It would at least add another step.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline limerence

• Reputation Power: 2
  • limerence is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 09, 2022, 04:20:48 AM
  • Our Community Board
I believe it increases oral bioavailability, especially freebase vs hcl or sulfate. I know some opioids do not like fats and some like oxymorphone and morphine LOVE fats. Eating a fatty meal the right time after dosing can be the difference in getting your rocks off. I would like to hear a scientific ochem tier explanation. Did you know generic pills can have 20% more or less active ingredient than name brand? So two generics could have 40% difference
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
Because the medications you're seeing in salt forms have a higher bio-availability than, say, the base form or a different salt -- due to greater solubility in either water, or fat (lipids), or both.

Remember that you are made up of mostly water, and fat, so the more soluble something is in those, the faster you can absorb it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
Because...uhhh...makes it an Electrolyte. We need more electrolytes. Im not unhealthy for doing all these salty drugs. Just keeping my Electrolytes balanced.

P.s. Its what plants crave.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
salty [stable compounds] drugs have always been my choice of brain food (the reward center is one that can work with) but hormones are also affected by opiates ...

.. we often lose interest in sex/lust when mixing it up with the opiates [and would rather sneak off and have a shot, yeah ?]

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
Ill run into this problem even just taking kratom. I find working out with weights can seem to counter balance this. With heroin it seems to do that at a point for me, then slowly fades back eventually,
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Offline Progshim

• Fuck the voice of reason. Ima be the voice of excess.
  • SA_Chat+
  • Tech
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Progshim is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2024, 01:28:41 AM
  • We're all in this together.
Most drugs of abuse are what's known as "alkaloids".  This means they have a nitrogen atom in the molecule and can "sometimes" act alkaline. When in the base form (without an acid molecule present) they are behaving alkaline, but most drugs in this form are also NOT water soluble. Adding an acid to the free base creates a salt that is water soluble and easily washed down with just about any drink. You definitely wouldn't want to snort free base meth for example. The horrifying smell and burning in your nose could only be cleansed with a solvent. :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Happiness comes not from having what you want, it comes from wanting what you have.

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal