dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: So, I narcan-ed someone yesterday...  (Read 4679 times)

Offline Güey (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Güey is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 01, 2019, 09:12:16 AM
So, I narcan-ed someone yesterday...
« on: January 31, 2018, 07:23:38 AM »
I just hafta share this story. Im still a bit shell shocked.

My ex came by the other day to say hi. Shes never been a big user, but shes had her problems. Its been at least six months since shes used any opiates. She asks me for a bit, so i fix her up with a weak rinse off the shot i fixed for myself. I gave her a teeny tiny bit,  then go to the other room to dig around  for a vein.  She says she barely  feels anything. I can here her talk8ng in the other room,  then i hear a bang. She says Oops,  I fell down...

I didn't  hear  her say anything  for a while  so i went to check on her and she is out cold. I carry her into my bed,  get her on her side,  and she starts seizing and puking. So i go for the narcan. Im freaking the fuck out,  trying to get the syringe into the vial to give her a dose. No dice,  my hands are too shaky. I look back to her now,  and she is not breathing,  her eyes are fixed open,  and she has turned purple. Fuck... Anyway,  i remember i have these auto injectors i got from the exchange. I hit her with three of th9se, but still nothing. Im beyond freaking out now.

I call 911 and get an ambulance out to my place. While theyre on their way,  the operator has me do chest compressions,  then cpr. After a few breaths,  bam... Shes back...

Shes fucked up as shes ever been,  but breathing when the ambulance  gets there. They take her to the er,  i meet her up there and sit with her the rest of tbe night...

They discharged  her a bit later that night  and shes fine now. I just had to share this story. Im so grateful for  my local needle exhange.

At the hospital  they told me what a great guy i was for saving her life but fucck that. I felt horrible. After all,  i almost killed her...

Anyhoo,  stay safe,  guys and girls...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Offline DreamerOnTheRun

• Reputation Power: 7
  • DreamerOnTheRun is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
  • d8, GG249, M30, d4, A215, p|d
Re: So, I narcan-ed someone yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 04:46:41 PM »
She would've got high anyway man, probably not with ppl who cared enough like you did.  I'm so jealous of you northerners with needle exchanges and access to narcan.  Down here in the south the consensus is basically to just generally let us die off.   They may not say it or admit it's that way, but it is.  You can't even buy needles let alone get them free.  And no narcan.  It's fucked up.  But no dude, good job
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Too strange to live, too rare to die.

Offline Güey (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Güey is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 01, 2019, 09:12:16 AM
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 12:42:52 AM »
Thanks alot. And,  i was born and raised in Texas,  so I know how it is as far as getting syringes and narcan. Its fucked up...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Offline dillydudeEL14

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • dillydudeEL14 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 28, 2022, 10:18:52 AM
  • HR Networking
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 01:21:02 AM »
Don’t feel bad man it all worked out for the best and you did the right thing. I’m sure that was scary as hell tho I’ve never been around anything like that.

Dreamer on the run idk whatstate you’re in but have you tried wal mart? They always sell em to me and I’m in the south as well. There’s one that has said no 2 out of the three times I’ve tried there but every other wal mart around here has said yes every time. Ive been gettin em there since late 2011. Lol the one that said no last time tried saying they were on back order at all the wal marts in the region so don’t even bother trying another one. Lmao they must think I was born yesterday. I went to my normal one and they sold em no problem.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal