dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: The Jugular  (Read 5964 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
The Jugular
« on: January 20, 2018, 06:10:38 PM »
i only hang with 2 people really - a lady who is an absolute gem but super hardcore user and a guy that has limited options - his jugular.

she does smack, coke(rarely), meth and benzos (rarely) and he does coke (rarely) and meth.

so i happen to spend a fair amount of time getting caught up in this ritual, fortunately only as an observer and to give the occasional bit of advice (and tissues  ::))

but i know shit about this -- how dangerous is shooting the jug ?

what happens if you miss ?

i think i need to more about this ... she injects him and is VERY gentle and careful and has never missed.

what can go wrong ?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:48:11 AM by ɹǝddᴉɥƆ »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Güey

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Güey is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 01, 2019, 09:12:16 AM
Re: The Jugular
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 06:30:41 AM »
Well,  obviously im not a doctor,  but Ive heard all sorts of horror stories...  Like you can hit an artery and immediately  die,  paralyze yourself,  and so on. I dunno exactly how  true that  is,  but i do know that there are all sorts of things in there in addition to your jugular.  You dont wanna hit those things,  let alone miss a shot and have an abcess on your neck :(

Ive hit it  a few times myself. Never had any problems but it really makes me nervous. But,  all my visible  veins are gone...  except for that big fat  tempting fucker on the side of my neck...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Offline Edhorfin

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Edhorfin is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 20, 2020, 11:56:34 PM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 01:39:14 AM »
I've never "jugged" but know people who have. First time seems like it would be scary, but like any other vein, once you hit it a few times, you know what the right felling is. I guess. Probably makes for a very "undelayed" rush though.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nurse_K

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • nurse_K is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 24, 2020, 12:58:44 AM
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 02:32:01 AM »
Injection into the jugular vein among people who inject drugs in the United Kingdom: Prevalence, associated factors and harms
http://www.ijdp.org/article/S0955-3959(17)30109-3/fulltext
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 04:46:20 AM »
thanks for posting that ... these quotes are of much interest to me:

... experiencing an abscess, open sore or wound at an injection site during the preceding year was significantly more common among those who used the neck as an injection site ...

... serious adverse health consequences are associated with this practice ...

the good news is that none of this has happened but it's only been 18 months and I just hope that if it does go wrong then that recovery is swift.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Güey

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Güey is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 01, 2019, 09:12:16 AM
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 06:19:22 AM »
Probably makes for a very "undelayed" rush though.....

Youd think so,  but it doesnt really work that way. Yer shot still goes from yer neck to your heart first....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Offline Fat Pie

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Fat Pie is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 12, 2022, 04:01:23 PM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 01:03:54 PM »
Well,  obviously im not a doctor,  but Ive heard all sorts of horror stories...  Like you can hit an artery and immediately  die,  paralyze yourself,  and so on. I dunno exactly how  true that  is,  but i do know that there are all sorts of things in there in addition to your jugular.  You dont wanna hit those things,  let alone miss a shot and have an abcess on your neck :(

Ive hit it  a few times myself. Never had any problems but it really makes me nervous. But,  all my visible  veins are gone...  except for that big fat  tempting fucker on the side of my neck...

Having hit my arteries more than a few times in the past, I think I can safely say that sudden death or paralysis are extremely unlikely. A needle just isn't big enough to do major damage to arteries or nerves. The major issue with jug shooting is abscesses, which could potentially interfere with breathing if they got big enough (and I've seen some huge ones in my time).

I've never used the neck, but I do use my groin, which is similar (namely the femoral vein). It was actually the hospital that gave me the idea; when I went in for an anaemia-related transfusion they couldn't find any veins on my arms, so the nurse went for the groin. Unfortunately, he missed and hit the artery instead, but luckily he was just extracting blood. All he told me was to put pressure on the site for a few secs, but it was no biggie. However, it just goes to show, even the pros can miss.

I have ended up with some bad abscesses on my groin, some of which almost prevented me from walking and kept me up at night; they were extremely painful. Proper hygiene and site care is an absolute must in vital areas.

It's also important to avoid missing (mostly because it's usually painful as fuck, though I have had rare artery shots that didn't hurt, but they provided a weak high, so not really a positive), but with enough practice you can usually tell between artery and vein (veins don't pulse and carry dark red blood, whereas arteries pulse and carry bright red blood). I use my thumb to locate the artery and then shoot next to that, since the femoral vein and artery are practically next to/on top of one another.

Anyway, risky method, not for amateurs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal