dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Let's Talk About How Women Experience Drug Addiction Differently  (Read 11621 times)

Offline dillydudeEL14

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • dillydudeEL14 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 28, 2022, 10:18:52 AM
  • HR Networking
Re: Let's Talk About How Women Experience Drug Addiction Differently
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 17, 2017, 05:59:13 AM »
Interesting. I have noticed that a lot of the girls I know that use seem to get really bad really fast compared to dudes. Not to be sexist or anything just an observation. I’m pretty bad but it definitely took me a looooong time to get where I am now. Lots of the girls I know started shootindg way earlier too. Again nothing against girls at all. Girls are awesome.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Hooman

• Non-standard issue, also a
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Hooman is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 16, 2020, 02:17:46 AM
  • I've got a handful of coconut-size opium pods...
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 06:45:38 AM »
I've definitely noticed what you wrote, too - I *think* it may have something to do with the fact that most females are 'higher self-maintenance' than most blokes are - men can get away with being total slobs a lot more than most women, who tend more towards looking after themselves and grooming etc., and as we all know, those things are often amongst the first to go west when you've a monkey on your back... ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

Offline LadyKalma

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • LadyKalma is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 09, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
Good thread yall, lots of stuff to think about. The gender roles society puts on us are for sure bad for men too. I think in this and many other situations these ingrained society expectations shape our thoughts and actions more than we can identify.

That being said, ive been told by many men that girls are inherently "fiendier" than men. I think its kinda funny they say this, cause it seems like these guys who have told me this are men whose girlfriends use heavily.

To me it seems like a rational that convinces themselves that its just the way of the world, girls=femiendier si they don't have to come to terms with the fact that their gf may be going more hard than is sustainable, or something.

You guys have heard this or no? Obviously i don't think its a generalisation that makes sense to say for all men or women.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal