dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Thoughts on subutex?  (Read 13616 times)

Offline dillydudeEL14 (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • dillydudeEL14 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 28, 2022, 10:18:52 AM
  • HR Networking
Thoughts on subutex?
« on: October 28, 2017, 10:23:39 PM »
So I’ve failed at rehab and detox like 4 times now since my first attempt in may. I seem to get worse off quicker each time I’m released. It really sucks. I just got back on Tuesday and I’ve used dilaudid or opana each day since then. Not a lot but I’m sure I’m at least a little physically hooked now.

I don’t think my level of use warrants methadone but I am seriously considering subutex. There are plenty of doctors who will prescribe it around me. So if I go this route what am I getting into?

Will I regret it? I’m kind of in a catch 22 because I know I will regret it but I don’t see another feasible option for me at the moment and I really do t wanna descend into the compulsive addiction I was in before this most recent rehab. I really want some stability and I don’t think I can have it completely abstinent. I met this really beautiful girl in rehab that I really got along with and I somehow feel that if we could somehow be together then I’d be able to stay clean but she’s there for another 2 or 3 weeks and we live 3 hours apart and yeah I don’t think that will realistically work out. She gave me her number and Facebook tho so maybe !!! Lol.

But anyway I’d like to get a script for sub and maybe try to do a slow taper and just have it for that feeling of knowing I have it,  but I know myself and will probably end up taking it every day. Knowing myself I’d orobabky shoot it since I have done that before and actually kinda like it, sick fuck that I am.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Hooman

• Non-standard issue, also a
  • SA_Chat+
  • Hooman is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 16, 2020, 02:17:46 AM
  • I've got a handful of coconut-size opium pods...
Re: Thoughts on subutex?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 11:00:33 PM »
You don't wanna shoot Subutex - you might well lose your arm, or your lung function or similar - it's a *nasty* thing to try and shoot.

Why do you think that Subutex will work to keep you off the pills? It doesn't sound like you have a massive habit from what you've written.

Do you want the Subutex to prevent withdrawal symptoms (how bad are they, if so?), or to block the effects of anything that you might take, or to try and prevent cravings?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

Offline Boostemente

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Boostemente is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 10, 2018, 03:09:34 PM
  • powered by Linux and Simple Machines
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 12:35:01 AM »
In my experience, suboxone/subutex works if you want it too.  Coming off a very heavy h habit of two bricks a day, I can assure you that after no more than two weeks on sub, you'll feel 100 percent, if not better than you did before.  Not high, but normal.  If you really want out the cycle, give it those few weeks and you're really going to feel just fine on subs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• SA_Chat+
  • HR Networking
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 12:49:32 AM »
Hooman you are right my withdrawal is minimal but I mentally crave 24/7. It’s horrible And I can’t even focus on anything worthwhile when I’m craving. I want the subutex so that my opiate cravings are satisfied and I can focus on worthwhile things in my life.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• SA_Chat+
  • HR Networking
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 12:51:10 AM »
My mental cravings are just insatiable and unstoppable. They completely dominate my life. The physical is very bearable at this point, but I just obsess about drugs constantly when I don’t have them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• SA_Chat+
  • HR Networking
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 12:53:57 AM »
Boostamente that is good to hear. I just want some stability and want to be able to go through the day without constantly dreaming about drugs. My limited experience with sub In detox seems to validate what you said. I am able to feel pretty normal and ok on sub, I just worry about how it will affect me down the road but I guess the benefits will probably outweigh the negatives for me where I’m at right now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• SA_Chat+
  • HR Networking
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 12:57:48 AM »
Hooman I’ve only shot sub like 3 times and I didn’t miss so it worked  out fine but I have seen this girl get a nasty abscess from it and I’ve read tons of horror stories about it online. I know it’s a bad way to go. Supposedly snorting it gives you almost the same bioavailability as shooting so maybe that would be an option for me. Lol I cheeked one and snorted it in rehab. Didn’t really notice a difference from sublingual tbh but who knows.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Boostemente

• Boostemente is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 10, 2018, 03:09:34 PM
  • powered by Linux and Simple Machines
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 11:18:07 AM »
I should add a few other important points that may help on your process.  I went through exactly what you describe for years.  Self detox h to subs, only to think non stop about getting high, and relapsing shortly after.  I made a few changes this last time that attribute to my success, but I think the most important was finding a hobby that I really truly enjoyed.  I know, much easier said than done.  But at first, I started "treating" myself to Amazon shopping binges.  You'd be amazed what 200 to 400 a day not spent on I can get you on Amazon.  I wound up becoming obsessed with uavs, or drones as they're more commonly referred.  I joined a local drone club on meetup that gets together once or twice a week.  Fuck meetings that shit just made me crave even more, but a drone meet, sign me up.  I got to the point where in building them, racing, and studying to get FAA part 107 certified for commercial flights.  I know that's not for everybody, or even most people, but the point is it's something I love to do now and honestly wouldn't use if it were sitting right in my hand now because it's just not appealing anymore.  Sorry fur the rant, but bottom line you gotta find that one thing you can really get into.  Once that clicks I promise you cravings aren't even an issue anymore. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 01:45:56 PM »
the mental part of any Robert is always a large part of it. Some people do great on subs and then others don’t. They didn’t work for me or my girlfriend but done has worked well for both of us. Getting on that was a big disision for us but it was the one that worked well. A lot of my friends who have tried subs still use on top. I know that that happens on done too but it just goes to illustrate that subs work for some and not for others. The only way to know is to try it for yourself. I never found any relief of the mental cravings from subs. Sniffing them has twice the bioavailability compared to sublingual. Shooting them doesn’t get you anything more and it’s hard on your veins. It was hard not to try it atleast a time or two (dozen) times though because of the whole needle fixation. Did you say weather you were doing on maintenance or a taper if so a long taper or short taper? My suggestion would be maintenance followed by a low taper. That’s what was great for me with mmt. Getting my shit together without being dopesick. Anyway good luck dog.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 12:45:05 AM »
IMO bup doesn't tend to work well for people who continue to use, but it can be a miracle drug for people who aren't trying to chip on top of it.

Overall the choice between methadone and bup seems to me to boil down to how much hand-holding one needs for maintenance. If you need a lot, and you're trying to chip on top of the maintenance, you'll probably do better on MD if they don't boot you for using. If you're doing ok not using, but still need something to stay well: then bup might be for you.

My $.00002
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DriveFast

• SA_Chat+
  • DriveFast is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 26, 2019, 04:30:13 PM
  • ROYALS 2015 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 01:06:11 PM »
Subs got me to where I was able to get my shit together. It really comes down to how tired you are of the roller coaster ride. If you are legit tired of the shit, it can work wonders. Like someone else said, if you don't want to stop using yet or really want to still feel something, look into MD.

But yeah man, subs helped me straighten up. It's been over two years now since I started. Haven't used once. I was where you are now by the sound of your post. Hit me up if you wanna chat.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Edhorfin

• Regular
  • Edhorfin is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 20, 2020, 11:56:34 PM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 10:24:31 PM »
Until I really wanted to get clean, I couldn't ....Rehab, therapy, drug assistance, all failed until I was sick of living the way I was living. And even then, I needed to build days away from drugs for cravings to go away. Also, I needed my mind to occupied by other input. Work, family, whatever, focus on the absolute present. And unless there is a syringe in front of you, you won't be focusing on dope.

I personally love subutex. After about5 or 6 years on a really low dose, about .4 mg a day, it still works as an antidepressant, and reduces the general pain of being an old former junkie, with a cirrhotic liver.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline rcargill

• rcargill is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2018, 09:08:05 AM
  • (user customizable)
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 09:08:05 AM »
the mental masturbation is a struggle. if you try sub engage in some counseling that will help with the constant crap in your head. I couldn't get clean till I got a good brain washing
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 11:06:52 AM »
do you sweat on Bupe like you do on Methadone ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 10:54:42 PM »
bupe does fuck all for mental cravings.

If that is your MAIN issue, bupe will be useless, though it'll handle the physical.

mdone will alleviate the mental cravings, and the physical.

you seem to act like taking a maintenance drug will fuck up your life. Quite the opposite, really.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions