dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Medically supervised injectable heroin vs injectable methadone vs oral methadone  (Read 16546 times)

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Medically supervised injectable heroin vs injectable methadone vs oral methadone
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 29, 2017, 03:34:19 AM »
We will never see this avenue explored here @ home (USA)... We like to think we're open minded. But we're so narrow minded that we can't see the answer that's staring us right dead in the face.

Give the Fucking People What They Want.

And then, watch all the fucked up behavior that comes with a chemical/physical dependence, vanish (i.e. Theft, Prostitution, Extortion and Sign Twirling, etc.)

It really is that simple....

The rot is already there. We just have to make room for it now. It's a force of nature. Completely out of our hands.

This shit could have been squashed in the womb ages ago. But we continue to fuck around.

Pointless bullshit
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bonedust

• A High Tension Wire
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bonedust has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 09, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
Man I would've thrown a shitfit if I got stuck in the methadone group and had to see the lucky junkies get the good stuff.
Every time I've shot 'done it was like "well I'm not sick but uhhh that was pointless"I gave up that boring ass shit. No sweet cherry release for me just bitter cherry defeat. (miss you 40mg you sure did make me laugh).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."-Malcolm X

Offline Raine

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Raine is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2022, 04:07:02 AM
  • Do no harm but take no shit
@bonedust Lmfaaoo. That was my thought too. 
Who gets what drug was "randomized"
and imagine being lucky enough to get in on a study like that but unlucky enough to get dosed with oral methadone when it could be injectable heroin....yikes.

I wonder if they verified what level of drug use
these people were at prior to this
 because those doses sound large to me. Lucky bastards.

200 mg of methadone would probably keep me from looking for dope. It would probably also keep me from most things besides sitting on my butt getting fatter eating way too much sugar and sweating a lot from the methadone hot flashes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Yeah 200 at once would have me floored. 145 was pretty rough taking it all at once. When I switched to split dosing I was at like 180 for five or six months while I stabilized. Taken in splits though it wasn’t really noticeable. The metabolism of methadone is such a huge factor in how big the dose is. Like a lot of people don’t understand how different it can be for peoplE because of specific liver enzymes and things like other medications, not only the size of the habit.  That much dope is a lot though. No matter what haha. I wonder if it was meaning a maximum dose that they allowed people to go up to?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Hooman

• Non-standard issue, also a
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Hooman is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 16, 2020, 02:17:46 AM
  • I've got a handful of coconut-size opium pods...
I was on 150mg of IV Methadone which was supposedly equivalent to nearly 0.5 grams of pure 3,6-DAM - it's a literal metric fuckton of Methadone....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

Offline nurse_K

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • nurse_K is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 24, 2020, 12:58:44 AM
wow.

and they're giving a single 200mg dose of methadone.

I think the idea of the study was to give them plenty to cover their actual ADDICTION. (and also get them high af) and then see if they stop using other things. Basically "we'll give you as much as we can medically, without killing you and we'd like to see if you stop doing OTHER drugs or more opiates on top of that."

It's so weird to think about this. Like "let's just give them whatever they want and see how that influences their behaviour"  you'd fucking NEVER see this happen in the olde United States of Pharmaceutical Companies and Medical Industry lobbyists, errr I mean America.

From where I come from, patients enrolled in the Heroin treatment are asked if they want to get high or want to be " well". What is commonly seen is that although a majority want to be as high as possible initially, after the honeymoon fase a large part slowly start to taper down in dosage.
From a harm reduction perspective it makes sense to give the patients  enough heroin so that the intake of street drugs is minimized.
What is also important to mention is that when the patients are receiving the medication they need they have the energy to start to focus on other aspects of their life.
If i remember correctly a study was done about although heroin maintenance IS expencive, the money saved towards stays at prisons etc., not least the fact that clean needles, acces to health staff improves the lives of a very health wise at risk group of people.
And finally not least, dignity.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions