dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Day 5 of Phenibut withdrawal. Wow. Fuck.  (Read 15755 times)

Offline OpiXPO (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • OpiXPO has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:January 23, 2024, 06:44:24 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Day 5 of Phenibut withdrawal. Wow. Fuck.
« on: May 04, 2017, 12:07:58 AM »
Started with only a gram or two every two days and a day off or two days off, but that progressed to well beyond that, to I was doing 7-10 grams a day, probably a month or 2?  Got to the point where there was nothing I could do to fall asleep, and tapering wasn't working. So now I'm on day 5 of Phenibut withdrawal cold turkey. Got off the vivitorol so I can get some comfort from the long lasting poppy seeds and clonidine. Wishing I had some gabapentin to knock it out with or baclofen to switch over to and taper down on that, but Oklahoma doctors suck a lot in regards to addict and anything.  My biggest surprise is the hallucinations when I wake up though. There is bright orange looking hieroglyphs on my ceiling, bright blue kind of lazying looking writing that I can't read for some reason, and then a pink fluffy looking cursive writing on my monitor.  But damn, I'd almost say this is worse than an opiate, incurable insomnia, totally lethargy, can't eat, it's a struggle to walk down the block.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
Re: Day 5 of Phenibut withdrawal. Wow. Fuck.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 01:11:17 AM »
They won't prescribe baclofen? Fuck that's nuts. Sorry to hear you are going through that bud.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline wanderingmind

• Reputation Power: 5
  • wanderingmind is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2019, 10:34:59 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 01:29:07 AM »
 :(  Sorry you're going through this.

I don't know a ton about phenibut, but I assume the w/d is akin to benzo withdrawal.  That, I know something about.  It's NOT fun and lasts a long fucking time.  Hang in there. 

P.S.- are seizures something that you need to watch out for with phenibut w/d?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline OpiXPO (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 05:48:40 AM »
Nope, doctor wouldn't touch me when I told him about it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline OpiXPO (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 07:03:03 AM »
And I can't find any solid information about seizures either. I've had to stop researching it, was doing too much to my nerves.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline 6-mam

• SA_Chat+
  • 6-mam has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 02:00:13 PM
  • The tea is verrrrry good.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 12:34:22 PM »
How about eitzaolam? It's really short acting, like 3 hours.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 03:06:58 PM »
Brother, if you can't get replacement gabapentinoids then you have little choice.

you should get back to baseline in another rough week.

I have been using Phenibut for many months - one day off for every gram - that's the rule ...

I feel your pain - this shit scares me so I stick to the rule.

much luck and compassion to you.

maybe find a doctor and tell them that you're a drinker - have a drink just before you go in - and THEN suggest Baclofen - just a thought ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 10:36:08 PM »
I've found that there is no easy way out when it comes to WD from any of the CNS depressants (Opi/Benzo/Barbs/etc), the "rebound" rule is what it all comes down to...

What was calming, is now full of angst and antsiness. What was putting you down like Michael Jacksons doctor, is now keeping you awake like some sort of sleep deprivation excercise. What was a calm and carefree disposition, is now one of horrid introspection and suicidal ideation.

It floors me that you're able to sleep whatsoever... any time Ive had to kick benzodiazepines or barbs, sleep was a total and complete non-starter.

It's always the symptom that kicks my ass all over the place and degrades my resolve, especially once the disassociation and hallucinations set in.

I've never tried Phenibut or Etizolam, but if it's anything like benzo WD, sheer determination and some sort of "plan" for lack of better word, are in order.

Hang on tight and remember that it's only temporary, as long as the days may seem.

It will one day come to a close. And come to pass.

Really sucks that you have to deceive and mislead your doctor to get a decent treatment plan these days. The DEA and Federal Gov in general have turned seeking treatment into some sort of excercise of futility.

First, "Do No Harm"... whatever happened to the Hipocratic Oath??? this profession has a duty to us. Despite their personal opinions or pressure from outside sources.

And it's  only getting worse.... hang in man.

G'luck
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:43:12 PM by Snoop »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline OpiXPO (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 01:14:29 AM »
Ironically he told me the Do No Harm bit after he told me he wouldn't help me. That I needed to ride it out on my own. I dont know how bad of a position I would be in if I didn't have the pst right now. Its so terrifying when ever you wake up from a 5 minute nap and theres writing glowing everywhere.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nikita70

• The Second Of My Name, A Woman Who Runs With Words, Queen Of The Excess, MissThInkLink
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • nikita70 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2024, 02:23:19 AM
  • They don't have bread-WTF?Let'em eat Opium instead
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 09:52:45 AM »
Ironically he told me the Do No Harm bit after he told me he wouldn't help me. That I needed to ride it out on my own. I dont know how bad of a position I would be in if I didn't have the pst right now. Its so terrifying when ever you wake up from a 5 minute nap and theres writing glowing everywhere.

@OpiXPO ,

I do really feel for you, even if I never ever been so far in it, you have my fully compassion.

I don't know a whole lot about Phenibut, but since w/d seems to be as bad as (or at least akin/close to) benzos/barbiturates w/d, indeed, then some "taper regimen" (or how it calls) might be indispensable. 

I'm not going to deter/discourage you from hanging in there provided that you're really determined and the kick is self-imposed (especially any confusion, anxiety and disquiet extra is probably the last one thing you need at the moment), but 5 days cold turkey'ing of something at least just AKIN to benzos/barbiturates, with severe sleep deprivation and hallucinations involved, sounds to me seriously enough to recommend you to "remodel" your kick' scenario and consider slowly tapering.

You might be tougher, but to me, the insomnia is definitely the most tiresome w/d symptom ever, this is just beyond of me. As I was switching methadone for a bupe last time, "only" two nights off of sleep made me "chicken out" and brought me to drastically increase my "benzos and barbiturates intake", otherwise  I just wouldn't be able make it out.
Well, I didn't make it anyway. 

@Snoop ,

What was calming, is now full of angst and antsiness. What was putting you down like Michael Jacksons doctor, is now keeping you awake like some sort of sleep deprivation excercise. What was a calm and carefree disposition, is now one of horrid introspection and suicidal ideation.

It floors me that you're able to sleep whatsoever... any time Ive had to kick benzodiazepines or barbs, sleep was a total and complete non-starter.

I do really like and totally dig your idea of w/d syndrome as some antitype of "being high". This is exactly the way I used to perceive things happen to the person while kicking any kind of drugs. Paying debts and/or Opposites.

As for "Hypocrates' Oath","FIRST, DO NOT HARM", right?...then awww...
It's a whole lotta food for thoughts.

I was thinking about it a lot, in Polish language it is even more telling/meaningful, since the word for "harm" has the same core and is phonetically close to the word for "thwart"/"nullify"/"disturb"/"harass"...

So, I always wonder why the main aethical advice/hint for such an active, demanding profession like a doctor is formulated in kinda "passive", "self-insuring", minimalistic form.

"Not to harm" is a guideline good enough for an average citizen/fellowman but not for the doctor.

It might as well be (mis)interpreted by the military doctor on the battlefield like " just sit idly, let the wounded ones bleed out to death".

It does really feed thoughts since instead of bringing one to "do something" "they" encourage to avoid an action.
"Do not harm" sounds a little bit like "wash your hands" (using as a figure of speech/metaphorically). And docs do (or rather don't do) that. Exactly.

Ironically, in terms of addiction, "not to harm" or "do not thwart" (that's way better) screams for at least that minimum of activity what is needed to write a script.

But no way, they are afraid of getting stained with dirty ink.

Could be said, they are "along the  rules".     

« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:11:54 AM by nikita70 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A Toda Madre O Un Desmadre

BloodInBloodOutBloodIn

Junkies are like noodles-straight 'til gettin' wet

"Maybe we should follow in the steps of Artonin Artaud and throw our remaining dope in the river,
get flung into gut-wrenching purging withdrawal,drink ayahuasca and eat peyote..." (Roman Totale)

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 11:31:28 AM »
I'd find a different doctor and tell him you are have had some bad muscle spasms. Tell him you have an adverse reaction to flexiral or however you spell that. Maybe tell him you have been scripted baclofen before and it worked well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline OpiXPO (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 12:45:10 AM »
Tried that and got told to take some advil. At that point I just stocked up on poppy seed tea. So I wouldn't say its been 100% cold turkey, just completely off of any GABA-B agonists. I think today is day 7, maybe? Starting to feel normal. Sleep is still very very broken but I'm getting some, and the visual and auditory hallucinations are there still. Kept hearing "Ave Maria" in my fan last night, first fucker to link that song in here gets hit in the nuts if I ever meet them. Writing has gotten less brilliant but it's still there. I think Phenibut is going to be the first hardcore drug that I'm going to flush and never touch again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 08:35:34 AM »
^^ That'd be smart, my experiences with Phenibut scared me off that shit pretty quick, tho I was taking REALLY large doses. Strange drug phenibut, the only seizures I've ever had were petit-mal while wrecked on phenibut -- don't ask me why I was seizing while loaded.

I jumped off a blind taper diclazepam taper about 13 days ago -- this shit is NO FUN, this is my second major benzo detox and this one has been harder, but my doses this time were much much bigger.

FWIW, I'm getting quite a bit of relief through mostly Kava but also Passionflower and Skullcap *tinctures* (not pills), if you have a whole foods or other organic-slanted granola-ey hippy grocers around they probably have something off that list. They're obviously not anywhere near as strong as what you're coming off of, but IME they actually help me an enormous amount with the settling down from the hyper-sensitive fried-nerve shit. I really have no idea if they'll help you with a GABA-B habit, but they might..

'luck dude it reads like you got it pretty ruff..

edit:
Writing has gotten less brilliant but it's still there.

are you referring to cognitive problems? That's a common complaint, brain just doesn't fire right. It gets better.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 11:40:53 PM »
I know this thread is already a little old. But I'm considered a junkie by all doctors, and am treated as such. Even though I've been clean from heroin almost half a decade. They will not even prescribe me Flexural for serve back spasms.

I got a script of gabapentin from one doctor. And found it to be crazy expensive to fill at the pharmacy. Like $300 for the month supply that runs out in 2 weeks for me. So I looked into online pharmacies and found that Canada has the meds cheaper, and ship to the USA. I was not even asked for proof of my script, or Doctor consultation. They have all the basic meds like muscle relaxers and some gabaergics. (Lyrica).

Not sure if chipper wants sources posted on here, so private message me if you have any questions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Z

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 07:17:44 AM »
Those sites aren't really Canadian.  Most sell fake pills.  Some have the real active ingredient.  Most ship from India or Pakistan or other countries with similar amounts of counterfeiting.

You need a script for gabapentin here in Canada. 

I'm not sure where the whole Canadian pharmacy thing started, but it's a strange one as a Canadian.  All I can say is that hopefully I'm wrong, but if you do get some pills in the mail please be careful to if them properly and take some caution when using them.  I'm hoping that you get exactly what you ordered, but if you haven't ordered yet I would be skeptical.  Do some in depth research into the site You want to order from on overseas pharmacy review sites.  There are some that aren't total scams and will give what you want.

I'm very interested in the results.  Let us know when it arrives please.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions