dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Ketamine now approved by the FDA for depression  (Read 17376 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 11:22:15 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Ketamine now approved by the FDA for depression
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 29, 2018, 07:47:43 AM »
got a cat/dog ? take him/her to the vet and see what gives ... I jest (hang on, or do I ?)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 10:41:41 AM »
still feeling really good, has been just 10 days, but it's be since before heroin that i've had ten good days in a row.  i did also feel good some when i was at the year round rehab farm, but that was because i had a lot of socialization & made friends.  psych says that's what i need most, maybe it'll get easier to be social now.  he says ket it a tool to help you do the real life stuff that helps your depression the most.  exercise, not eating junk food as an escape, etc...  he says don't expect it to be a happy pill & i get that, i just feel a lot more normal i guess.

i did get some unusual side effects the next morning but they passed quick.  i had smoken some pot so maybe an interaction. 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 10:02:30 PM »
I'm happy for you @MoeMentim. I'm gonna have to try it out soon to see if it'll help me at least cut down on my 'done and/or kpin and/or cigarette usage.

What unusual side effects did you get?

Also, what's it feel like after the effects have worn off? A natural good feeling or just thinking clearer or an instant anti-depressant or what exactly if you can try to describe it? Have you been drinking since the shots of K?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 02:13:28 AM »
the 2 main side effects i experienced was a very pronounced feeling of disconnection, like things weren't real, felt like living in a movie and involuntarily making sounds out loud.  like TOTALLY involuntary, it was startling, i was speaking with no intention whatsoever & it was mostly all noises & meaningless mumbo jumbo with a few words thrown in here and there.  it was a bit scary until i got ahold of my shrink & he reassured me.  it very well may have been more to do with not taking lamictal 2 days prior to ket injection (keeps ket from working).  i was supposed to take it immediately upon returning home & I'm pretty sure i did but maybe i forgot.  that'd probably make more sense.  i'm pretty bad/careless with my psych meds.

the way it felt after the dose wore off wasn't striking in any way, i guess i'd say i didn't feel good or bad, maybe some of the dissacociative effects linger on for a while, i kinda didn't have thoughts one way or another about life.  the next day when i woke up though...  VERY different, yes, a naturally good feeling is exactly how i'd describe it, not like taking an antidepressant.  it doesn't hit the depression with a hammer, it just sort of slides it off to the side & you feel like yourself again.  no shit.  i admire so much who i was before heroin & the 6 years of depression afterward that destroyed my life.  i literally feel like i'm getting the old erik back.  i AM going to build the life i want. i'm totally capable, my motivation and confidence are coming back & my obstacles appear surmountable.  really, it's like that.  fucking amazing.  every day gets better as i start doing stuff like cleaning the apartment again, walking the dog, going grocery shopping & cooking dinner.  going to sisters or parents for dinner when invited instead of making some excuse.  my performance at work is way up, i'm shocked at how i was just getting by doing not much more than what was required of me.  i've always been a workaholic and always excelled.  i'm updating my resume & even though i love my job i'm going to look for more money & a place more career oriented with benefits & such.

all that stuff was beyond impossible for me.  for real, walking the dog was the one thing i absolutely forced myself to do for his sake, but i did skip it a lot too.  this stuff is for real.

i again decided not to refill the antibuse due to price, so i have been drinking but get this, it's only been weekend evenings & not that much, a sixer of strong beer & that's it, no whiskey, no walking to the liquor store in a blackout, no going to the liquor store at 9am saturday & sunday morning.  has been a non-issue to not drink weeknights & really the only reason i do really is because i've been hanging out with my hard partying 23 year old neighbors, they're fun. I'm 46 & they think i'm super cool having grown up in the real punk scene back then.  they may get me some coke tonight, i'm just not sure if i want to right now or not, i should wait a ahile, not really jonseing for a rush or anything, it's just 'cause it's available
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:46:37 AM by MoeMentim »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions