dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Panic attack  (Read 8450 times)

Offline OpiXPO (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • OpiXPO has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:January 23, 2024, 06:44:24 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Panic attack
« on: March 08, 2017, 02:34:25 PM »
Having a super bad panic attack right now, like fingers going numb, and huge flushing going on. Just grabbed a bag to breath into before I fall out. I'm struggling to convince myself that I'm fine and and don't need to call 911.

How do you guys deal with these attacks non narcoticly? I mean I know the exercise, and sleep, eat right bull shit but what about when it starts to happen? How do you fight it? I can't do benzos as I'm in an Oxford House. Been trying Phenibut, but it takes so long to kick in. Teeth and toes feel like they are getting numb so I'm going to try a hot shower. Please help though, they are getting so bad, I've been using the forums to try and distract myself and it's not working.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Panic attack
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 02:56:20 PM »
hang in there. KNOW that the Phenibut will make it go away and distract yourself with TV, some shit on youtube or even the radio.

are you allowed alcohol ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 03:42:42 PM »
Try getting urself some GHB? That would probably do it...

Also, while I don't experience panic attacks like that I have gotten extreme anxiety before while withdrawing, so I can sorta relate. The only thing I could ever do that would help in those moments was to sit there and remind myself over and over and over "this is going to pass, I'm going to be ok" like literally almost repeating that like a manyra
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 06:44:29 PM »
GHB or GBL is a wonderful and potent anxiolytic / anti-insomnia agent too.

it is undetectable after 24 hours mainly due to it's shorter half-life.

I know it isn't easy to find but if you do then 2 ml should do the trick.

Phenibut is a decent anxiolytic also.

let us know how you go.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline OpiXPO (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 10:14:42 PM »
I'll try and find some GHB. I passed out in the shower though from hyperventilating, and the head of the Oxford House kicked me out, not believing me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Catsfordrugs

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Catsfordrugs is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 30, 2023, 03:57:15 PM
  • Welcome, drugs !
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 03:38:37 AM »
Kicked out for a panic attack?! Well, or for dude thinking you were loaded or something, but in reality a panic attack? Jesus fucking Christ. The compassion. Really sorry to hear. I'm sure you told him to go ahead and piss test, they wouldn't find anything? Damn. That's ruthless. Well, try not to let it set back any progress (mentally speaking, of course it fucks up living situation). I've had a few panic attacks, and have to agree with dizzle. Find a mantra, sit, breathe and repeat. Try concentrating on only your breathing and count while you inhale and exhale, trying to slow it down and add to the seconds/numbers as you inhale and exhale. If it is totally impossible to quiet your mind, remind yourself it is a physiological response, and (as dizzle said), it will pass. GHB is indeed a great tool to help calm. Of course tool can easily turn to crutch, and of course ideally, getting to the root of the issue to help solve would be ideal.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but did you recently detox? Seems like within the first few weeks/months of coming off something is when I am affected by them. Are panic attacks something you have dealt with before (i.e. Lifelong issue, or something new)? Sorry for all the questions, but as with most things, there can be a lot of layers of complexity. Do you have access to a doctor?maybe talking to a medical professional would give you some options, or at least help understand what is triggering them (if you don't already know). Such a terrible feeling, and getting to the point of passing out is concerning. That obviously indicates a very severe panic attack. Good luck, man. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline 6-mam

• SA_Chat+
  • 6-mam has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 02:00:13 PM
  • The tea is verrrrry good.
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 03:46:56 AM »
The only thing that stops a panic attack for me is to remove the stressor. Or drugs.

I was agoraphobic for a little while there, then I got on opiates and moved away from Oklahoma.

Now I sing in pubic in the middle of San fransisco.

Well I do heroin also that does have something to do with it... But getting away from what stressed me out played a huge part.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bonedust

• A High Tension Wire
  • SA_Chat+
  • bonedust has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 09, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 04:11:06 AM »
First of all I want to punch those assholes in the face for kicking you out over a panic attack. Second I'm sorry you have panic attacks. I have them too. It's the reason I went back on Valium. When I don't have the Valium I find that listening to my favorite music super loud really helps. Much luck to you.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:18:05 AM by bonedust »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."-Malcolm X

Offline OpiXPO (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 07:09:06 AM »
Yeah I'm pretty pissed off about it too but I see where they are coming from. They knew I was taking Phenibut, and they just assumed I was abusing it.

And yes just recently got of meth after a several month run. Panic attacks didn't start happening until once in the hospital when the doctors were giving me IV antibiotics and then switched to a different one. That was one of the worst panic attacks I've ever had. My face swelled up and I couldn't control my legs. They were flexed so hard I thought my bones were breaking, eventually I passed out and stopped breathing for a good minute. Freaked the nurses out terribly, I came to with them running me to the critical care unit because they had no idea what was happening. Then a couple months later I had a more normal panic attack where I just thought I couldn't breath and felt like I was having a heart attack. Last night I thought I was about to have the severe one that was like the first one I had.

And mam, you are right, Oklahoma is a terrible place to live if your an addict. This place is medieval on us. So many people here think that when we OD and die, it's a good thing. Fucking lip service Christians.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:35:00 AM by OpiXPO »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 07:37:34 AM »
yeah, me too. I had no idea that panic attacks were so brutal.

so unfair ! I really hope they stop for you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nikita70

• The Second Of My Name, A Woman Who Runs With Words, Queen Of The Excess, MissThInkLink
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • nikita70 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2024, 02:23:19 AM
  • They don't have bread-WTF?Let'em eat Opium instead
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 12:30:19 PM »
The only thing that stops a panic attack for me is to remove the stressor. Or drugs.

I was agoraphobic for a little while there, then I got on opiates and moved away from Oklahoma.

Now I sing in pubic in the middle of San fransisco.

Well I do heroin also that does have something to do with it... But getting away from what stressed me out played a huge part.

@OpiXPO ,

The same shit here. I'm agoraphobic, socialphobic... everything-and-nothing-in-particular-phobic, God-knows-what-phobic, to be honest,  :-\ .
Even drugs aren't in position to keep this awful feeling away from me, as it already occurs. Once it starts-nothing is able to stop it, excepting the reason is taken away finally. The shit continues/persists until things getting the same as before again and there's not any fucking way to .
Drugs makes things even worse since they kinda work just "mechanical", without to distinguish and specify the nature of the issue, if you get me.
Honestly, I used to avoid drugs as I'm finding myself to be at the verge of panic because they do nothing good to me excepting they provide me with this super strange and confusing mixed feelings.
As if some shallow/superficial one, "mechanical" part of me were responding for this "mandatory call to well-being" sending by the drug (so to say) as the other one knew things are still "fucking far from ok".
So far the reason (stressor) isn't taken away there's no chance to feel normal no matter how loaded I'd be. The more I do, the more stiff, muffled and paralysed I'm feeling, still fully aware of things are fucking wrong, as the panic is like "frozen" instead of taken away. At least that's how my experience is.

Were you diagnosed for this panic attacks?
From what you said I conclude the pangs of anxiety you experience are rather spontaneous and regardless of matters, aren't they? I mean, there's not any special trigger needed, right? Are you able to recognize them upcoming and possibly prevent/counteract them if you're "alerted" soon enough?
Sorry for I bother you with so many pointless questions but I wanted to learn as much as possible since I'm struggling with fear my entire life, I'm somewhat like "nothing is safe enough not to be afraid of", I perceive reality as threatening and super hostile, on the other hand I never ever experienced any panic attack just like that... I mean ANYTHING is good (or rather bad) enough to be a trigger, but I need a trigger...

Sorry for not being helpful, I'm rather with those who are looking for help.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A Toda Madre O Un Desmadre

BloodInBloodOutBloodIn

Junkies are like noodles-straight 'til gettin' wet

"Maybe we should follow in the steps of Artonin Artaud and throw our remaining dope in the river,
get flung into gut-wrenching purging withdrawal,drink ayahuasca and eat peyote..." (Roman Totale)

Offline OpiXPO (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 10:38:52 AM »
@nikita70
I think I made a post somewhere but I cant find it talking about how they came about. But I've been diagnosed with combat-PTSD, I actually for several years wouldn't even touch a shotgun because of it, or get on small boats if I didn't absolutely have to, as well as avoiding the streets where my shootings happened when I was a police officer. As for the warnings, I do have some that say they are about to happen, it usually happens with a skin flushing sensation and if its going to be a bad one my teeth, fingers, and toes get numb. But that's only when its already started and its too late to do anything about it. I wish there was some way to identify it though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions