You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Author Topic: Carni advice  (Read 981 times)

Offline Z

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Z has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 06:50:09 AM
Re: Carni advice
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 17, 2017, 08:25:25 AM »
That's awesome man.  It's a great feeling when people you care about step up and care about you right back.  I hope that you make it through this time and you don't need to go to the next option.

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2017, 02:45:19 PM
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 03:44:09 PM »
Glad to gear you are doing well!  Just be prepared for this "pink cloud" of abstinence to go away at some point!  It is never the getting clean, it's the staying clean that gets most of us!

Just continue with what is working for you now and if you start struggling, don't beat yourself up.  Methadone will always be available if you need it.  I went on it because I was sick of struggling with not only abstinence, but with the soul crushing depression that has been with me long before I ever picked up a drug!  The constant struggle, without a moments peace, is what made me finally go on methadone.

Anywho...so happy you are doing well!  Keep us posted on your journey!
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline wanderingmind

• Reputation Power: 4
  • wanderingmind is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 26, 2017, 10:03:23 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 05:35:36 AM »
Way to go!  It always puts good feelings into my heart when I hear someone doing well after some bad times  8)

If you can do it without MMT or Suboxone, keep on doing that!  I doubt there are many people out there who would say they'd prefer bupe/MMT over being totally free of everything.  Not many of us can do that, but if you can...just do that.

Offline chipper

• Server Admin
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • chipper has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 08:42:01 AM
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »
that's really impressive.

I'm now in my 4th week with no Meth and I find that it's far harder than avoiding opiates. I made a resolve to stop opiates and it's going well but I have intrusive Meth thoughts now.

wishing you strength and the best possible outcome.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair !

Less is more

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2017, 02:45:19 PM
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 11:13:54 PM »
Good for you, Chipper!!  That's great!  How have you been managing the meth cravings?  What about meth do you find harder to avoid than opiates?  Is it the lift and energy that you miss?  Sorry for the questions.  I was never an upper person.  I actually do have ADHD and I have a script for dexedrine, but when I take it, it makes me so fucking tired!  When I take it, after about an hour, I have to nap!  Such an adverse reaction to an amphetamine, but for those of us scatter-brains, these meds calm us down!
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline chipper

• Server Admin
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • chipper has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 08:42:01 AM
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 05:59:44 AM »
I manage it by thinking about how lousy I will feel if I lose the sleep that I need to function at work - which will then lead to job loss.

yes, it's the lift and energy I miss.

I was diagnosed with ADHD once but it never made me tired, just quiet.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair !

Less is more

Offline wanderingmind

• Reputation Power: 4
  • wanderingmind is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 26, 2017, 10:03:23 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 11:40:24 AM »
Is it just me or is meth making a comeback?  It was really big in the 90's to early 2000's and then seemed to die away.  Now it's like it's making a comeback.

Here's a meth story; A few weeks ago, I was taking a walk by my house and had this crazy thing happen to me.  It was early evening and I was a mile or so from my house.  I'm walking on the sidewalk and I notice this guy on the other side of the street looking at me really oddly.  Right away I could tell he was tweaking hard (super jittery, looking everywhere, eyes were huge like an owl...)  He stares at me for a few seconds and then starts yelling, "I'm going to come over there and stab you!"  I yelled back, "You start walking towards me and I call the cops."  I got my phone out quick, dialed 911 and had my finger ready to tap the call button on the screen.  He screams back at me, "I'm calling the cops first!" 

I'm thinking, you're going to call the cops!!!???!  WTF is this a dream???  He's got his phone out and is talking on it.  To me, it didn't make sense for him to be calling the cops after he threatened to stab me.  So, I start to walk away while keeping him in my line of sight and my phone out.  When I get a block away or so, I start heading back to my place.  All of the sudden, a cop car comes out of fucking nowhere and two cops burst out of the car with their guns drawn :o  They start screaming at me to put my hands up.  I can still picture this clearly in my head today.

I comply.  They handcuff me and start searching me.  The cops immediately calm down after seeing that I have no knife and am not fucked up on anything.   I start explaining the situation...dude threatened to stab ME and that I was going to call 911 if he started across the street and then I started walking away when he didn't cross the street.  They uncuffed me, thanked me for complying and being calm. They apologized for the whole thing and even offered to give me a ride home.  I'm sure the tweaker got taken to the ER as he was obviously not in a right state of mind.  I mean, you've gotta be pretty out of it to threaten to stab someone and then call the cops and say that someone threatened to stab you???

Can anyone here that uses/used meth explain why anyone would enjoy staying up for days at a time with the end result being crazy paranoia that causes one to literally become insane???  I've never understood that.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Good job on no doing meth for a month!  I've heard from friends that meth addiction is a bitch.  I've personally never really enjoyed meth too much.  In high school I did it a handful of times.  It was fun for a few hours, but after that I just wished it would get out of my system so I could go to sleep.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:48:33 AM by wanderingmind »

Tags:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE