dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Methadone clinics are fucking evil.  (Read 33762 times)

Offline Smacky-Doodle 2.0

• All-Around Junker
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Smacky-Doodle 2.0 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 10, 2021, 03:26:07 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
Re: Methadone clinics are fucking evil.
« Reply #44 from previous page: April 14, 2017, 11:53:12 PM »
It's private, and the head Dr and I are now on a first name basis, the nurse that works on days when I pickup sneaks me bottles of 1000 or 1500 mgs when she can (for a nice payment), and my counselor is amazing.

Damn, son!  I wouldn't dream of questioning the authenticity of this.....but, how in the BLUE FUCK do you swing that?  At MY clinic, if 10mg comes up missing when they do periodic pill counts, they're calling everyone that came in to dose that morning and asking if they were over-served.

Im assuming that it's liquid at your clinic, and maybe it's easier to fudge the books than with tablets.  1500mgs extra?  That's just crazy to me, you got a good thing going on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I often ask myself:  "What would Trevor Philips do?"

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2017, 03:15:49 AM »
the clinic i goto is awesome. non profit and subsudized by the state so its max 25/wk without ins but the ppl there get you on insurance with the state so you get free bus passes and the clinic becomes free. they do as much as they can so your not getting holds to see counselore very week, you have to do the bare minimum required by the state (sometimes the state even fines them for doing too little) which is awesome i think. they offer different groups like all day everyday but your required to goto one every other month (and see your counselor every other month alternating)

the clinic i went to in FL kind of sucked and were really strict with what they thought your treatment should be heads up their asses, but the clinic im going to now is a little more open to letting you do what you think is best for yourself (so long as it seems like your doing well) although ive had friends bitch saying the opposite, that they push your dose way up and dont ever want you going down least not for a few years (and if you force them to go down before like 18 months they can become hostile but dont have a choice) but im not at that point dont know, but if it wasnt for how awesome this clinic is, i wouldnt have been clean for these last few months (only been clean longer then a few weeks maybe 3 times in last 10yrs) been able to get an apartment/move across country. so i def dont think theyre evil

edit: and they even hooked me up with an EXTRA bottle. so ive been going there for 4 months, so EVERYONE gets a sunday bottle cause they arent open. after 90 days, you get your first bottle if you test clean every time and do everything you need to/are paid up. so i got that, then i requested a second one after a month and another drug test, they told me normally you arent supposed to get another one that quick but because im coming at 530am for work 6 days a wk they would talk to supervisor and try to get it approved cause you can interpret the guidelines subjectively they said. when it finally got approved, i got approved for 2 bottles instead of 1, so im getting fri/sat/sun/mon bottles now and its only been 4 months.

and honestly, hearing ppl bitch about how terrible methadone is gave me all the justification i needed to not try it for myself. thats obviously on me but i thought methadone was terrible for years and years.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:20:48 AM by Tainted »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2017, 03:22:50 AM »
It's private, and the head Dr and I are now on a first name basis, the nurse that works on days when I pickup sneaks me bottles of 1000 or 1500 mgs when she can (for a nice payment), and my counselor is amazing.

Damn, son!  I wouldn't dream of questioning the authenticity of this.....but, how in the BLUE FUCK do you swing that?  At MY clinic, if 10mg comes up missing when they do periodic pill counts, they're calling everyone that came in to dose that morning and asking if they were over-served.

Im assuming that it's liquid at your clinic, and maybe it's easier to fudge the books than with tablets.  1500mgs extra?  That's just crazy to me, you got a good thing going on.

i could see that working with liquid. when the nurses spill any of the dose (cause they are on the their phoners and not paying attention and suck) and you call them out on it they dump out the cup and pour a new one then wipe up the counter. it seems like the computer has a "SPILLED REDOSE" button as it happens a lot and isn't a big deal seemingly.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2017, 01:02:37 PM »

@Smacky-Doodle 2.0

You're spot on it is liquid.

To be honest it was really weird how it started. First I'd come in and she just give me my dose, then one day I put the cup back up on the counter while I was talking to her and she filled it up again....

I was like "huh??"

I didn't say anything but just looked at her and she gave me a look like "go ahead and take it"

I did. And I said "well it's gonna be a good afternoon!!"

She laughed.

Next time I came in she said she had to give me a shot and to go to the back window (no cameras back ther)

She hands me a bag with a bottle that had 150mL in it. At 10/mg/ml that was 1500. I was like holy fuck. I didn't have any cash so I asked what time she gets off. She told me. And I met her down the street and gave her like $250

She was happy to get it.

So from that point on every few weeks she'd call me and we'd do an exchange like that.

That lasted for like a year or so. Then a new head nurse took over and they locked down the rules more.

I just saw her the other day and she said she had sometime for me so I guess it's not totally dead but it has been slowed down a lot more. I'm guessing I'll only get a bottle every few months or so but still. Who'd complain??

Why me? I don't fuckkng know? I guess she knew I had the $$ and would keep my mouth shut. She probably sees a lot of people that would love to get that deal but apparently she saw something in me she could trust....

To be honest, it sounds kinda crazy, right? Like "no fuckkng way man!" But trust me, it's VERY real.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2017, 01:39:26 PM »
1500 mg would cost at least $750 on the street in Oz.

what a bargain !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Raine

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Raine is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2022, 04:07:02 AM
  • Do no harm but take no shit
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2017, 06:15:53 AM »
I have mixed feelings on it. I have only experienced clinics here in my state (LA) and it's been a mixed bag. Some of the counselors are better than others (by a whole lot) like they actually care and will really do what they can for you and others are just bare minimum don't give a shit. Even worse, I had an ex-addict religious creeper dude at the first clinic I went to and trying to get switched to another counselor was a huge deal, they don't allow it.

I feel like they are a for-profit business and while methadone can definitely help people, some clinics really don't care if people coming there truly need to be on it, they just want your money. I've never been on a wait list either like someone else mentioned, both clinics I went to did intake either that day or on their next specific "intake day."

You have to jump through a lot of hoops. Sometimes they make mistakes and they will be ones that end up unfair for you and there is no real recourse. It's a pain in the butt until you get your takehomes and it can take awhile to even get on a stable dose.

Without methadone though, I wouldn't have gotten very far. I know I needed it this time. I've done this enough times to know what I can handle and what I can't and I was not in the right place to get enough time under my belt to really change my habits with any of the other options I had available to me.

I don't think it's evil and I don't think it's a life saver. It's just a tool like anything else and the clinic system appears to be flawed but it's all we have for now unless you are outside the US or have a private Dr. to prescribe. 

Also I totally understand what you mean about the people on pills at the clinic.  If you've been on loratabs for 6 months, methadone is a bad, bad idea for you. If you've been taking massive doses of morphine and Dilaudid for years, then yea..I can see that.  I just think it is over-used...too many people are trading up for a much worse addiction.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions