dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: FREEDOM!  (Read 26382 times)

Offline Roman Totale

• Reputation Power: 22
  • Roman Totale is now quite familiar.Roman Totale is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:July 27, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
  • It's alright, the way that you live
Re: FREEDOM!
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 12, 2017, 12:25:49 AM »
Obviously I don't want your address,but could you tell me which state,county and city/town charged you with the DUI for methadone.

If you don't want to be that specific in public please message me privately.

P.S. I must admit,I was thinking the same as Dizzle-moving would be a good idea.

I've personally seen a drunk/impaired-driving case go forward primarily on the basis of the drivers admitting to having dosed his daily methadone twelve hours earlier.  Plus similar charges brought against drivers mainly because they admitted to taking -- on doctor's orders -- (low-dose) benzodiazepines, (non-scheduled) muscle relaxers, anti-convulsants, and ADHD meds.  The "Drug Recognition Experts" that the cops send around are a sick joke.  It's madness.  And it being a valid prescription consumed properly isn't a defense against the prima facie case, at least nowhere in the US that I know of.

So of course, never drive with an exposed pill bottle in the car, however benign and legit; and (in the US at least) never answer a cop's question about: whether you're on methadone/bupe maintenance, whether you regularly take any meds, or whether you've taken any medication today.  Or for that matter whether you've had anything to drink today, or smoked any pot at any point (regardless of its state legal status to possess).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 03:21:42 AM »
When you say never answer a cops questions about what you are on or have taken, do you mean literally refuse, like you want to talk to your lawyer, or to lie and say no?

Getting arrested for being on legit meds really chaps my hide. So everyone on pain meds or anti anxiety meds, maintenance meds, depression meds, should stay home and lock themselves in their house? Ride a bike to work? ARGH!

Griffin, I'm sure over time, the fear will subside. It will just take some time. Stay vigilant and you'll be fine. 
Can I ask, the take home bottles...do they have labels on them, like with your name and
contents of the bottle?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 04:27:38 AM »
It was in Kit Carson County Colorado, which is on I-70 right before you hit kansas from colorado. Opi-ette they do have my name, it says 90 mg methadone which day it was dispensed which day its supposed to be taken, my doctor and clinics info and a little warning that says keep out of reach of children could be fatal if taken, and its illegal to transfer it to anyone.

Yeah, now that I am smoking weed I am worried about driving even more because its just one more thing, but I am going to keep it in the trunk at all times that I have it, and try to make sure that its been a long while after smoking until I drive, especially since I have no tolerance and one or two hits can floor me. Unfortunately no amount of time really is good if they blood test you but the signs that would show you smoked weed usually dissipate within a few hours for me.

As always thanks for the advice RT, I am trying to find out if its legal to smoke on my back porch like it's connected to the house but it only has screens and they are ripped no windows so it isn't fully enclosed or whatever, all the houses next to me are vacant but across the street is a commercial property with businesses inside which is worries me more then if it were just houses but I highly doubt they can smell it across the street if I am on my back porch, but that cop tripped me out when he walked outside my house for 20 minutes when it was 0 degrees outside and snowy that day i stupidly smoked in my car because it was freezing outside. I hate cops, it's sad that I am this sketched out over something legal, and am always worried any time i leave my house. its awful
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Roman Totale

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 05:32:28 AM »
When you say never answer a cops questions about what you are on or have taken, do you mean literally refuse, like you want to talk to your lawyer, or to lie and say no?

Literally refuse to answer the questions, in as straightforward and calm a way as possible -- I know, this is much easier said than done. Lying can blow up in your face and asking for a lawyer is premature at that point. (During post-arrest interrogation, asking for a lawyer is the only way to get them to stop re-starting the interrogation after a bit even if you said you weren't going to answer.)

I know there are situations where it makes sense to cooperate with cops, and there are cops that will beat the shit out of you if you try to hold your own, and nobody wants to be a smart-mouth prick.  But with these kinds of DUIs (really all DUIs), people truly talk (and walk -- never do the field sobriety tests either!) themselves into arrest and conviction in so many cases.  The cops count on being able to intimidate or bullshit the driver into volunteering most of the incriminating evidence, especially in the close cases.

Finally, refuse any examination that a "Drug Recognition Expert" wants to do at the police station, if you're brought in. They are infuriating clowns that need to be shut down.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 05:55:48 AM »
From what I remember, when my BIL was pulled over (had been drinking) he refused the
field sobriety test and they brought him in because the refusal is an admission of guilt? *maybe this varies by state* This was years ago so my memory is foggy but anyway, he wanted to go to trial rather than admit guilt, but spent the night behind bars.

I've never heard of a Drug recognition expert, so I just googled it and it said they are trained to identify if someones driving is impaired by drugs, but if they aren't there in the police car when the person is pulled over, then how can they identify/analyze someones driving after the fact? Being examined at the police station after the fact?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 06:00:22 AM »
Griffin I'm glad you are being careful with the weed and driving. Things like waiting for the stop sign to turn green is a prime example. I can't drive stoned at all. I drive better drunk than stoned.

Again, I'm so glad its all over for you. I've been following your story since you joined the phile.

Free at last, free at last!!  ^-^
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Roman Totale

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 07:00:45 AM »
I've never heard of a Drug recognition expert, so I just googled it and it said they are trained to identify if someones driving is impaired by drugs, but if they aren't there in the police car when the person is pulled over, then how can they identify/analyze someones driving after the fact? Being examined at the police station after the fact?

Bingo.  They do some pseudo-nursing evaluations that are pretty clearly meaningless (BP, heart rate, body temp), engage in a bunch of sham optometry they have no qualifications for (deciding if a stranger's pupils at a given moment are constricted or dilated, measuring whether reaction time to light is "fast" or "slow," determining whether there horizontal and/or vertical gaze nystagmus is present, judging whether there's "proper" eye convergence), move the same stranger's arms around to feel if his/her "muscle tone" is "normal" or "flaccid," and that's basically it.  Then off to the matrix to plug in the results and figure out what drugs are obviously impairing this person.... a little from column A, a little from column B -- no problem, Disassociative Anaesthetics and CNS Stimulants and CNS Depressants, says expert opinion.

From what I remember, when my BIL was pulled over (had been drinking) he refused the
field sobriety test and they brought him in because the refusal is an admission of guilt? *maybe this varies by state* This was years ago so my memory is foggy but anyway, he wanted to go to trial rather than admit guilt, but spent the night behind bars.

In most states you can refuse the field sobriety tests and the roadside breathalyzer, but not the one in the station without at least getting a suspension or possibly another charge.  Even if refusing the FSTs is a separate charge in a state, it's not an admission of guilt as to DUI.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:05:10 AM by Roman Totale »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal