dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: The Trump Administration & MMJ Industry: A dire prediction  (Read 8749 times)

Offline DreamerOnTheRun (OP)

• Reputation Power: 7
  • DreamerOnTheRun is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
  • d8, GG249, M30, d4, A215, p|d
The Trump Administration & MMJ Industry: A dire prediction
« on: November 20, 2016, 05:52:37 AM »
(as I understand, a microcosm of this has already been unfolding in the state of New York)

With Trump in office, an anti-marijuana zealot & crusader as the new Attorney General a lot of people are wondering what's going to happen to the states who have legalized medical marijuana (or entirely).

I can't help but feel they're problem is not with the legalization, but with who is profiting.  I could totally see them legalizing it nation-wide while making the licensing to manufacture & grow it cost millions as to, once again, take away legit opportunity for the average American to get a foot up in the economy and make it impossible for anybody other than already disgustingly wealthy people who hold stakes in Big Pharma and Big Tobacco companies to acquire said licenses.

I pray I'm wrong, as the MMj industry has improved so many people's lives both directly medicinally and indirectly economically.  But the tools are already there for the feds to step in and do this.  My brother is an attorney and ae were discussing the feasibility of this and we couldn't think of a reason why this couldn't happen in the next 4-8 years.  I hope I'm just being paranoid, or over thinking things, but that's how these sick fucks work when given the power.  So, thoughts?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Too strange to live, too rare to die.

Z

Re: The Trump Administration & MMJ Industry: A dire prediction
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 08:43:01 AM »
Thats exactly what happened here in canada.  We used to have a system of private growers who were allowed to grow x amount for each patient they were the authorized grower for.

Then the liberal government was elected and they decided the growing should be centralized.  The requirements involve industrial scale size equipment and monitoring.  That made it near impossible fir the little guys.  The first license went to a guy closely associated with the new prime ministers campaign.  He benefitted massively by cornering the market before anyone else.

Apparently the weed is horrible quality.  Bad taste, not flushed at all.  Harvested with an eye to quantity not quality.

When the switchover happened the gov was ill prepared.  The patients recieved an openly marked letter instructing them to dispose of their existing meds or risk jail time.  The recommended way: mix the weed with kitty litter.  Take a picture of the mess.  Email it to health Canada. Unbelievable.  Kitty litter of all things.

Its just impossible to separate neo liberals from corrupt government kickbacks to reward campaigners.  Our liberal party has a long long history of sponsorship of this exact sort.  Called the sponsorship scandal of all things.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:19:36 AM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 01:40:52 AM »
Who's the attorney general? I heard rumors it would be chri Christie but haven't heard an official announcement
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 08:54:41 AM »
Who's the attorney general? I heard rumors it would be chri Christie but haven't heard an official announcement
Jeff Sessions, Republican Senator from Alabama who President Reagan nominated to the federal bench and was the first nominee he had rejected. I know he's a senator but I'm not entirely convinced he'll get confirmed as AG.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 02:39:45 PM »
Jeff Sessions, Republican Senator from Alabama who President Reagan nominated to the federal bench and was the first nominee he had rejected. I know he's a senator but I'm not entirely convinced he'll get confirmed as AG.

God I hope not. When Reagan nominated him, the Republican majority Senate refused to confirm him based on his racist views and things he'd said in the past. My personal favorite,  "I thought the KKK was OK until I found out they smoked pot".  Yeah, Sessions is a real peach. Totally anti-weed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline DreamerOnTheRun (OP)

• Reputation Power: 7
  • DreamerOnTheRun is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
  • d8, GG249, M30, d4, A215, p|d
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 01:31:01 AM »
Yup, Jeff Sessions. Who's gone in the Senate floor saying how terrible Marijuana is and that its a direct precursor to cocaine & heroin use.  Just watch the video, it's gut wrenching.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Too strange to live, too rare to die.

Offline komoshan

• Reputation Power: 2
  • komoshan is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 30, 2020, 11:00:06 AM
  • life-the journey of discovery;stripped down chores
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 04:36:36 PM »
hey z, has the commercialization kept the black market going strong up there? I remember vancouver always had one of the best open airs. at first in seattle the price of rec bud was so high that everyone stayed medical or black so they went back on promises and cut the medical program. not sure what that did to the black market up there.

down south here in cali we have a year (jan 2018 i believe) till big companies take it over and or at least just those with a multi millions minimum... seeing well known growers not be able to even try and compete is a depressing future. I'm sure this will be common place as the preferred growers of medicine in our governments opinion- big pharma, takes over this legalization that many fought for for decades never expecting this to be the result.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
we live life trying to make a mark. we die looking for a trail left, searching for meaningful ink splattered across buildings, cars and spouses; hoping they are enough to make up for this unremarkable life of going to go to get. eventually we find out the finish line concludes with a large empty pot

Z

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 06:13:07 PM »
The black market is thriving up here.  My guess is that if that kind of thing is their recreational plan it will continue to thrive.  I don't smoke much anymore, but my friends who do have all turned into connoisseurs in the last few years.  There is just so much amazing stuff around at cheap prices that they can afford to be picky. 

I think it's simple.  They have to do it better then the guys already doing it or nobody will care.  If it's lower quality and higher price then the commercial weed already here it will be a tough sell. I bet that we will see a lot of the little guys get swallowed up as head growers by founders with money.  These guys have proven skill to grow and breed a product people want.  It will be interesting to see what happens in a sad sort of way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions