dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Parents Allegedly Injected Kids with Heroin as ‘Feel Good Medicine’ to sleep  (Read 1804 times)

Z

A 6-year-old Washington boy and his younger sisters were regularly injected by their parents with heroin — their “medicine” — in order to make them fall asleep, prosecutors allege.
Both parents have been charged, authorities said, and the children have been removed from their care.
Ashlee Rose Hutt, 24, and her 25-year-old boyfriend, Leroy  McIver, allegedly referred to the illicit street drug as “feel good medicine” while administering it to their kids — ages 6, 4 and 2 — Pierce County prosecutors said in a statement.
Hutt was charged earlier this week with three counts of criminal mistreatment in the second degree, three counts of assault of a child in the second degree and three counts of unlawful delivery of a controlled substance to a person under 18, according to the prosecutor’s statement.
She is being held on $100,000 bail, according to police.
McIver was charged with the same crimes in September, according to the statement; and he, too, remains in police custody — though it was unclear Wednesday what amount had been set for his bail.
Hutt and McIver have pleaded not guilty to their charges, according to court records and KIRO7. Their attorneys did not immediately respond to calls seeking comment.
The prosecutor’s statement, which was obtained by PEOPLE, reveals an investigation into both Hutt and McIver began in November 2015, when the couple’s three children were removed from their Spanaway, Washington, home by child welfare investigators. (Reports conflict about whether McIver is the biological father of all three children.)
The kids are in foster care and “doing well,” a Pierce County sheriff’s spokesman told KIRO7.
The state’s child protective services agency visited the couple’s home and allegedly discovered that “multiple individuals lived at the residence and everyone was using heroin,” according to prosecutors.
Rat droppings and drug needles were also found at the home, according to KIRO7, citing court documents.
“They made a determination that abuse and neglect of the children had occurred,” prosecutors said. “They noted marks, cuts, and bruises on one of the children’s bodies. They also noted the bruises appeared to be injection marks with bruising.”
The oldest of the three children told police McIver has allegedly “choked” him and his siblings “on more than one occasion,” and he alleged “his mom and dad give him and his sisters the ‘feel good medicine,’ which he described as a white powder mixed with water."
His parents, the boy told investigators, allegedly “used a needle to inject the ‘feel good medicine’ into him and his sisters and the medicine put them to sleep.”
Tests performed by the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab supported the child’s claims, according to prosecutors. Hair follicles from the 2-year-old girl tested positive for heroin, and the 4-year-old girl also showed signs of heroin in her system — but the level did not meet the threshold for a positive test.
The boy tested negative for drugs.
The statement alleges both Hutt and McIver admitted to being heroin users under police questioning.
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/parents-allegedly-injected-kids-heroin-174742913.html

There are a lot of things that I can forgive an addict for doing, but abusing their children is not one of them.  Even worse is destroying their kids like this.  I don't understand what thought process could possibly lead you to thinking that it's okay to give your kid  a bit of your dope.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline adamn1t

• Reputation Power: 4
  • adamn1t is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 02, 2019, 09:31:16 AM
  • Fuck it
Wow! This is the kind of thing that makes you think not everyone should be allowed to breed. I mean come on, if you really want to dose your kids there are other things, maybe a little cough syrup or some benadryl, but HEROIN......SMH.

2,4 and 6 years old i mean really What The Fuck
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:47:45 PM by adamn1t »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
DAMN IT beat me to it. I saw this article on my facebook acct, friend posted it, and I totally meant to post it here but got distracted.

I just don't understand the logic of this at all? First of all, INJECTING YOUR KIDS WITH HEROIN, jesus fucking christ. I've seen some seriously neglectful parenting in my time doing drugs, but this takes the gold prize of shitty parents. How do you even know how much to give to a kid that size? I remember reading a story about a kid who found his moms MDMA tablet, threw it in their mouth (and luckily the mother was RIGHT there and got the pill out of the kids mouth seconds later) but the kid still had to be hospitalized and iirc was in critical condition. You have to think that the first few times they did that, with each kid, they were playing russian roullete with the kids life (no way they would call 911 and say hey i injected my 3 year old with heroin and i think he ODed)

And from a junkies perspective- why waste heroin on kids? as adamn1t said, there are plenty of other MUCH more legal ways to get your kid to goto sleep without heroin. Thats heroin they could have been using themselves when dopesick, and just give the kids some fucking benadryl to goto sleep. (btw i don't have kids and if I did I think I would be an excellent parent)

bit of a derail-sorry
Finally, I have a question for everyone, the article says that someone called DCF on them, likely a friend of theres. What is everyone's opinion on calling DCF on horrible parents? In the drug world, snitching is never okay. But when it comes to kids, I've wondered how everyone typically feels about that. I've been seriously torn in the past about calling DCF.

I will say I have once, well I didn't specifically, but was with a friend and made the decision to call with him, but he called. This chick I knew lived in the seediest motels, made her living as a middleman, she had all the connects and charged people half a pill to get them shit ( and probably made $5 per pill) She'd be in the backseat of my car , with her 2-3 year old kid right beside her, shooting up (which blew my fucking mind, I would never inject in front of a kid) The kid never ate. But what did it for me was she got a several thousand tax rebate (despite not working) because she was a single mother. Out of that several thousand dollars, she bought the kid a book of stickers and one item from the dollar menu, the rest went 100% into her arm (and I suspect a lot went to rock)
fucked up thing- DCF drug tested her, she failed, she was living in a shitty motel with no food in the place, and DCF didn't do a DAMN THING.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
I saw that article the other day too. It literally made me sick to my stomach. As a mom and as an addict I can not wrap my brain around that. I will be the first to admit that when my son was 1-2 years old and I was strung out I did a lot of shit I'm not proud of, like taking him with me to score, etc. But this is beyond anything I've ever seen before.

And to answer your question @Tainted...i truly believe there is a huge distinction between snitching and calling CPS on someone who is truly endangering their children. In a situation like this, I would call CPS in a hot minute and wouldn't feel any remorse for doing it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
Yeah I saw this on the BBC yesterday I believe and was in shock. Everyone else has articulated my feelings on this well, but to me this is worse than doing drugs while your pregnant and having your child be born with an addiction they never chose. Which for the record is sad enough. This is intentionally exposing your child to a highly addictive substance after they are born. This isn't the overriding your judgement while your pregnant which again is sad enough but I can understand it. This is just beyond me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Güey

• SA_Chat+
  • Güey is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 01, 2019, 09:12:16 AM
This is a horrible story.  Like everyone else, I've seen some shitty parenting,  and I haven't always been the best dad,  but this takes the cake :(

My $0.02 is this: snitching ain't cool. BUT... in this situation, or any involving kids, all bets are off. Someone has to be looking out for those kids, so I'd call....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Offline Snout

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Snout is now quite familiar.Snout is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:September 28, 2023, 09:42:59 AM
Tainted' I heart you for saying "why waste heroin on kids."  So awesome! I wanted heroin when I was in 6 th grade when I learned about it in school " a reason for tears". Hhaha, I accidentally typed " a reason for tars" ! Who needs a reason?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I myself have found a real rival in myself,
I am hoping for a re-arrival of my health- wilco

Tainted' I heart you for saying "why waste heroin on kids."  So awesome! I wanted heroin when I was in 6 th grade when I learned about it in school " a reason for tears". Hhaha, I accidentally typed " a reason for tars" ! Who needs a reason?

That definitely came to mind after I was through the immediate outrage. Like seriously, that was perfectly good dope that could've been saved for a wake up. Wtf?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline 6-mam

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 6-mam has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 02:00:13 PM
  • The tea is verrrrry good.
I don't believe it, i really don't. I smell bullshit.

Why would they waste H on keeping their kids calm? Don't most addicts abandon their children anyway to get high? Or sell them to mexican cartels for their next hit? Dosing 3 kids? They must have some serious hustle for that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

I knew a homeless girl a long time ago that would give her dog her washes.  She did some weird stuff though like giving him muscle shots of coke.  If you're going to give your dog drugs, then at least make sure he gets high, no?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline danny2.0

• Reputation Power: 5
  • danny2.0 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 06, 2016, 01:40:40 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
1. i find this extremely difficult to believe but 2. if it is true these people deserve absolutely 0 fuckin sympathy, i'd bury them under the jail...its cunts like this (again, if proved) that make it so difficult for the likes of me and you and the average joe / josephine baghead out there...

also the bird that give her dog her washes and hits of coke, thats fuckin animal cruelty...how d'you know the dog likes the hit? did they tell you? stupid bint...my old scoob hated being doped up by the vet, you could see he was confused and upset about not feeling normal...

bless his heart, he was a harm reduction dog, if he thought i was gouching too heavily, he'd come round and start pawing at me till i came out of my nod...i still miss that scruffy old hound...

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
walkin wounded...

Z

To be clear about it I thought it was cruel to the dog too.  I yelled at her about it and so did a lot of other people.  In the end someone stole her dog because she didnt deserve to have it. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This story is absolutely true as crazy as it seems. It happened here in the PNW & all of the local news channels have been following the court case.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
sometimes i think that people should have to pass some certain testing to be eligible for parenthood.

how can people be so stupid ? (like .. hey, it worked for me so why not ?)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions